Status
Not open for further replies.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
... Would it have made a headline if it read "Flashlight battery" instead?

They Can't do that. That would have been Unfair to Flashlight Enthusiasts everywhere.

And would be considered Unprofessional Journalism.

;)

Jdurand

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2014
Long Island, NY
He carries loose batteries unprotected but was not carrying a MOD? And they are talking about what could have happened if the kids were with them? Is it just me or should he have thought about what could happen to the battery that is unprotected?

This guy in the story is one of the first nominees for the 2017 Darwin Award!

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    Don't get much reporting on this:
    "Cigarette fires cause close to 1,000 deaths and 3,000 injuries each year in the united states, according to the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA). As the ignition source in fires responsible for over 20% of all fire deaths , cigarettes are the nations largest single cause of such deaths."
    http://www.tcforensic.com.au/docs/uts/essay5.pdf

RainSong

An adult who likes flavors.
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2016
    Tempe, Arizona, United States
    "While Johnson is on bed rest waiting to see a plastic surgeon and to get skin grafts on his leg, Rex said she’s looking into taking legal action. With only a small warning on the actual battery itself, Rex said there was no way the couple could have known something so dangerous could happen."

No. Just no. You don't get to be nominated for a Darwin Award and then get paid for it. I know when I first got into vaping, over and over and over again I was told and read about being safe with batteries. I'm really sorry this guy got hurt but he better not get paid for it.

NU_FTW

Ultra Member
    Dec 6, 2016
    Don't get much reporting on this:
    "Cigarette fires cause close to 1,000 deaths and 3,000 injuries each year in the united states, according to the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA). As the ignition source in fires responsible for over 20% of all fire deaths , cigarettes are the nations largest single cause of such deaths."
    http://www.tcforensic.com.au/docs/uts/essay5.pdf
    exactly, stupid MSM

Reactions: puffon

SteveS45

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 27, 2016
    Long Island, New York
    53370983.jpg

Jdurand

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 16, 2014
    Long Island, NY
    Battery explodes in a pocket of loose change. What does that have to do with vaping?

Nothing, it has everything to do with Stupid. Yes I feel sorry for this individual, but I don't feel he was victimized by the battery industry or the vape industry.

The message was too small? c'mon man...or lady give it a break. That's right up there with I wasn't sure the coffee was hot.

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 26, 2013
    God's Country
    "Rex said she’s looking into taking legal action. With only a small warning on the actual battery itself, Rex said there was no way the couple could have known something so dangerous could happen."

Rex will get slaughtered in a courtroom based on this very telling quote.

This fool should not breed.
    This is the problem with society.

Ignore the warning clearly written on the side of the tool.
    Check.
    Do ZERO research in how to safely use the tool.
    Check.
    Injure yourself using tool improperly.
    Check.
    Blame anyone other than self and litigate for money.
    Check.
    :facepalm:
    Something seriously wrong with this thought process.
    I suggest a mental health professional and an evaluation before this savant gets someone killed

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 21, 2015
    Toronto, Canada
    I feel sorry for the guy bit he is a dummy.

Hey, when I first started vaping, I likely did the same a couple of times now I use $0.50 rubber covers.

Hard to believe such a disaster can happen from a small battery, but stuff happens and Samsung, Sony or LG will laugh at this one if they proceed with legal action.... I.e. "Who told you to rip one of our batteries out of a Tesla or power tool battery pack and keep it in your pocket with your toonies and loonies?" :w00t:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread