Status
Not open for further replies.

Mandro

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 24, 2012
Tamworth UK
Nice!...I noticed you have a dishwasher in your garden shed....:thumb:

Lol, it was fairly new when my missus decided that she wanted a new fitted kitchen with inbuilt dishwasher. I put it in the shed intending to give it away but never got around to it.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
This is my first attempt at anodising/dyeing. It's a 18650 mosfet mod.
anoblue3-054-jpg.643889
Very cool metal/wood hybrid that ends up with the "right" form-factor. :thumbs:

TheWestPole

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015
Los Angeles
Reactions: Mandro

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California

TheWestPole

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015
Los Angeles
Just finished converting this...

Screenshot 2017-04-07 at 9.30.11 PM (1).png

...into this.

IMAG2514_picmonkeyed.jpg

The original cheapo mod had been sitting in a box for over a year, after losing out to Nikita for my first squonker conversion. Glad to finally get to it, and still get a kick out of the seeing the original price. :)

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
Just finished converting this...

View attachment 647411

...into this.

View attachment 647413

The original cheapo mod had been sitting in a box for over a year, after losing out to Nikita for my first squonker conversion. Glad to finally get to it, and still get a kick out of the seeing the original price. :)
Looks good,what is that small hole next to the sqounk hole for though?
Ft has some great options for cheap mods to convert.I've done a couple Abaddon mods,they are tricky to convert though.I just ordered my latest project,i love wood mods,and for $20 i had to get this one,it was a must haha.
$20.52 Authentic Delight X1 Mechanical Box Mod - 2*18650 / rosewood at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
delight_zpssxfa7nnh.jpg

TheWestPole

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015
Los Angeles

Since the mod was so cheap and already had an odd shape I did some things strictly on a whim: oversize circular squonk hole, little "moon" hole next to it (no purpose), three holes on the opposite side so I could have light shine through (useful for seeing juice level when using a smoke colored bottle) and of course messing with the overall shape and finish. I wanted a rough grainy finish. Will probably go back and make it a bit rougher than this.

IMAG2520_picmonkeyed_picmonkeyed.jpg
IMAG2517_picmonkeyed.jpg

IMAG2521_picmonkeyed.jpg IMAG2530_picmonkeyed.jpg IMAG2532_picmonkeyed.jpg IMAG2533_picmonkeyed.jpg IMAG2537_picmonkeyed.jpg

Last edited:

TheWestPole

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015
Los Angeles
Ft has some great options for cheap mods to convert.I've done a couple Abaddon mods,they are tricky to convert though.I just ordered my latest project,i love wood mods,and for $20 i had to get this one,it was a must haha.
$20.52 Authentic Delight X1 Mechanical Box Mod - 2*18650 / rosewood at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
delight_zpssxfa7nnh.jpg

That one's caught my eye too. :) Are you going to convert it, or decide when you get it apart?

Last edited:

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
That one's caught my eye too. :) Are you going to convert it, or decide when you get it apart?
Yeah,it will definitely get converted,as long as it's not too hard to get apart.In the discussions thread about that mod,someone said the block of wood inside at the top was glued in really good and they couldn't get it out,so if it looks like something may break then i'll stop,but as of right now it's definitely scheduled for a conversion haha.If it's as nice as it looks,i may get a 2nd to keep stock though.

TheWestPole

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015
Los Angeles
Yeah,it will definitely get converted,as long as it's not too hard to get apart.In the discussions thread about that mod,someone said the block of wood inside at the top was glued in really good and they couldn't get it out,so if it looks like something may break then i'll stop,but as of right now it's definitely scheduled for a conversion haha.If it's as nice as it looks,i may get a 2nd to keep stock though.

I haven't seen that thread. No pics of it disassembled?

Seems worth the gamble in any case. It's big, which at least gives you some space to work with if you have to replace all the upper hardware.

Reactions: b.m.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
I haven't seen that thread. No pics of it disassembled?

Seems worth the gamble in any case. It's big, which at least gives you some space to work with if you have to replace all the upper hardware.
I must of been thinking about the discussion on another wood mod i seen on there,as i went back and looked and didn't see it on this one,so hopefully it will come out fairly easy.No,i haven't seen any disassembled pics anywhere,it would definitely be nice if there was,so i have an idea of what to expect.In the picture with the door off,it looks like a wire running down the right side,but i can't tell if it's wire,or a copper strip with heat shrink.
If it is wired,it shouldn't be too hard to come up with a better solution.

Reactions: TheWestPole

TheWestPole

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015
Los Angeles
I must of been thinking about the discussion on another wood mod i seen on there,as i went back and looked and didn't see it on this one,so hopefully it will come out fairly easy.No,i haven't seen any disassembled pics anywhere,it would definitely be nice if there was,so i have an idea of what to expect.In the picture with the door off,it looks like a wire running down the right side,but i can't tell if it's wire,or a copper strip with heat shrink.
If it is wired,it shouldn't be too hard to come up with a better solution.

Agree. I'd say wired, and wired everywhere up top as well. No mosfet, just the high flush switch in line. Seems to me even if you destroy the positive battery block getting it out, it's easy to fashion one better for disassembly and reassembly.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
I'd say wired, and wired everywhere up top as well. No mosfet, just the high flush switch in line. Seems to me even if you destroy the positive battery block getting it out, it's easy to substitute one which is better for disassembly and reassembly.
Yeah,i seen a better picture of it with the door off,and it is definitely wire running down the side,looks to be pretty thick gauge,but i'll still see what i can come up with for a true mechanical connection,or just make sure it's all heavy gauge wire if it looks to be to much work to go all mechanical,since it looks like it may be tricky with the button at an angle.

Reactions: TheWestPole

TheWestPole

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015
Los Angeles
Yeah,i seen a better picture of it with the door off,and it is definitely wire running down the side,looks to be pretty thick gauge,but i'll still see what i can come up with for a true mechanical connection,or just make sure it's all heavy gauge wire if it looks to be to much work to go all mechanical,since it looks like it may be tricky with the button at an angle.

I agree about sticking with wired on this one. Although with no mosfet I've welded a few of those switches--can't expect much from the stock switch--they're available in high amp ratings at decent prices. A good one can last quite a long time.

The only thing that's kept me back from buying one of these mods was simply that I fire with my index finger, and this shape is the other way around.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread