Bought an Evic last night

Status
Not open for further replies.

nufan

Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
Oregon US
So I broke down and bought an Evic. My fiance has my Vision Spinner now after her battery broke. I was debating between the iTaste SVD and the Evic. Since my local B&M stopped carrying the SVD and I like the size of the Evic, I pulled the trigger.

Happy with it so far! With a Protank 2 on the top I see no reason why this set up won't keep me blowing clouds of joy for many moons!

Now if you all experienced users have any tips or tricks, please share!

thanks

Phone Guy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2013
Arlington, Texas - USA
Either mod is excellent. I have an eVic and one of my son's has an SVD.

The SVD is brushed stainless and telescoping which is nice.and goes to 5.0 amp output, also nice.

The eVic is only 2.5 amp output, which is enough for most people. And has way more features plus a super cool display.

And you can change the look, color, etc.

Search around you can find the straight cap, the short tube, the color tubes, etc.

I love my evic. My only complaint is I've had issues with 2 so far on the 510 threading. They seem to stretch out for me. Others have not had this issue. So it could be me, my specific atomizers? Not sure.

Congrats and enjoy!

MsComptrtchr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Tucson, it's a dry heat
Phone guy - I have seen similar complaints about the threading on the eVic. I rotate through 3 eVics, so I think that makes them last longer for me. If I was just using one, I'd be concerned about it. I get mine in co-ops and from the classies (someone is always selling them cheap), so they aren't as pricey. Do you know if your head is the new one (with the two screws in the top) or the old one?

That's the ONLY thing I like more about this Provari I just got - the buttery threads. If I could get a sturdy and buttery-smooth Provari with the eVic display, I'd be set for LIFE! joyetech needs to step up in the thread department.

yes the one bad think about the Vic is the threading goes quick I have had my vamo 5 months longer then the Vic and the thread is gone in the VIc but still rocking the vamo
and did you know that Ovale is the one that invented the Evic so you can get it straight from the company that invented it they sent it to joyetech to produce it just for your FYI

numbskull

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2013
SoCal
I LOVE my Evic.....BUT I have the same problem as Phone Guy, my threads are completely jacked. Can't screw damn thing into it now :( Used to use it exclusively for carto tanks and I noticed every once in a while, while in my pocket, the topper would be crooked.

I know of a B&M near me that says they can fix "cross threading" I guess its some machine that can mill the threads. Probably can't do it more than once to a device but its worth a shot right?

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto
congrats on the new eVic nufan ... I picked up a great shorty tube ... the Siam Mods Stainless tube makes the eVic sexy sweet :2cool:

eVicSiamMods.jpg

MsComptrtchr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Tucson, it's a dry heat
All I've seen is the whole control head - cheapest I've seen for those is via a co-op. Sometimes it's cheaper to buy a used (2-screw only) evic on the classies and put a cheap Easy Head on the extra tubes leftover. I've had my eVics for 7 months and no threading problems (yet!)

Does anyone know if it's possible to buy the replacement metal head with the 510 threading? Not a whole control head.

humpstyles

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
Pennsylvania
congrats on the new eVic nufan ... I picked up a great shorty tube ... the Siam Mods Stainless tube makes the eVic sexy sweet :2cool:

View attachment 295812

I'm in search of an 18350 tube and keep hearing and seeing Siam Mods, but when I go to search, I end up on some european (excuse my ignorance) website and do not know how or where to order one. Is there a supplier website that has them in stock?

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto
I'm in search of an 18350 tube and keep hearing and seeing Siam Mods, but when I go to search, I end up on some european (excuse my ignorance) website and do not know how or where to order one. Is there a supplier website that has them in stock?

I found mine in the classies here on ECF ... however, the original owner did buy it from that european site Pink-Mule ... apparently they ship to USA.

humpstyles

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
Pennsylvania
I found mine in the classies here on ECF ... however, the original owner did buy it from that european site Pink-Mule ... apparently they ship to USA.

You know what, I had a stroke of ingenuity and threw it into Google Webpage Translator which spit out a very legible Pink Mule website. Definitely digging in now.

humpstyles

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
Pennsylvania
You know what, I had a stroke of ingenuity and threw it into Google Webpage Translator which spit out a very legible Pink Mule website. Definitely digging in now.

Something must be wrong with the translations, as the prices are RIDICULOUS...$350 for a end cap, tube, and top cap?

irwink

CASAA Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2010
Norfolk, Virginia, USA
I just put a 510/ego adapter in mine. But then I don't pay much attention to looks.
I'm always screwing a topper in and out of mine, so I figured the adapter would save the Evic threads.

Ditto. My eVic is 13 months old. After the first 6 months or so I bought a 510/ego adapter even though the threads on mine were still good. I think part of the problem with people messing up threads is over tightening their devices.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA

For the eVic? Good Prophets has them. Matte black or silver with battery end cap. $7.99
eGo-T/eVic MOD Tube 18350

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread