Just got a new evic

Status
Not open for further replies.

destinkarette

ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2014
Orange Grove, Texas
Just got my first eVic, software version 1.3. It's now in service with an itaste mvp 2.0. Gotta say it was a tossup between it and a provari. The eVic won because, 1. A little over $100 cheaper and did not have to buy a separate charger and battery (more money for juice) 2. It has both vw and vv along with a much easier to navigate and more informative display screen. And 3. The local vape shop had it in stock. So far I am really liking it. REALLY liking all the info on the main screen. Running vw it shows both the watts and the volts the attached atty is pulling as well as the ohms. (Yes I'm a bit of a geek) So far I have run kanger t3s'es, protanks, and mini protanks on it at between 1.8 and 2.5 ohms and gotten results at least on par if not slightly better than the mvp with only a half charged battery.
All in all I think I made a good purchase, time and milage will tell about durability,,, although I am not in the habit of testing the bounce factor of my electronic devices stuff happens.

destinkarette

ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2014
Orange Grove, Texas
I have to admitmI'm probably going to get a provari next, for the reputed brick "ahem" house build quality if nothing else. That ugly thing in my avatar is another hobby/passion/obsession of mine and I just don't think mr vic would appreciate an introduction to a routine maintenance order on an a2 truck to say nothing of the 816.

destinkarette

ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2014
Orange Grove, Texas
So it was the eVic's first full day on the job and everything worked flawlessly. :) . So far I am really enjoying the .1 volt/watt adjustment, allows me to find the perfect setting for whichever juice and tank I am using. Mackoy, I hope to actually hook it up to a computer this weekend if time allows. Looking foward to playing with power profiles. I hope as long as I remember that the 510/ego threading is soft brass and not a 3/4 inch galvanized pipe they should hold up.
Thanks everybody! :)

sdennislee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2012
Alaska
So it was the eVic's first full day on the job and everything worked flawlessly. :) . So far I am really enjoying the .1 volt/watt adjustment, allows me to find the perfect setting for whichever juice and tank I am using. Mackoy, I hope to actually hook it up to a computer this weekend if time allows. Looking foward to playing with power profiles. I hope as long as I remember that the 510/ego threading is soft brass and not a 3/4 inch galvanized pipe they should hold up.
Thanks everybody! :)
To protect your eVic threads you can add on of these on top of the current end cap. 510 to eGo Adapter with Well
$2.99 is cheap insurance. Also help keep any leakage away from the eVic's battery connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread