1. Win Vaping gear! The ECF 15 Millionth Post contest

We are fast approaching the 15 millionth ECF post and we have a contest to celebrate this huge landmark and amazing prizes to give out to our members! Head over to the official contest thread to see the rules and check out the prizes generously pledged by our registered suppliers on the prize announcement thread.

broken ego

Discussion in 'Battery Mods' started by Nat79, Sep 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Nat79

Nat79 Super Member ECF Veteran

so I broke my ego style 1100 mah passthrough tried to solder contact wires back to control board. Success (kinda) it got me vapeing, but wouldn't charge so replaced with same this morning. Now I have been wanting to mod so I have kept the dead as parts ( removed batt to avoid any possibility of shorts in USB) so can I do anything with the head ( like the 5 click on/off, 10 sec cutoff, and charge ability) or should I just use the 510 contact only to start a box mod? please any suggestions would be welcome.

Sent from my iPhone [​IMG]

2. dr g

dr g Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Start with ... none of that heh

Nothing on an ego is worth grafting onto another kind of mod, IMO.

3. Nat79

I was afraid of that, so the 510 and(if I can find a acharge control board) USB are all that should be used.

Sent from my iPhone [​IMG]

4. denizenx

denizenx Full Member

beggers cant be choosers, rather have an old clunker of a car then no car. ;)

5. WarHawk-AVG

WarHawk-AVG Vaping Master ECF Veteran

NO no no!!!

What is an ego battery...a teeny weeny skinny Li Ion battery...what if you could hook that to an 18650!!!

Imagine if you got a decent battery, soldered the wires on it...then modded say a teeny USB charger on the base on to it like this

DIY USB passthru with a honkering 18650 battery!!!

Something like this...but DIY
    http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/e-cigarette-apv-reviews/258263-joye-ego-18650-review.html
    http://www.vaporkings.com/JoyeTech-18650-powered-eGo-T-Genuine-JoyeTech-p/ego-18650-mod.htm

Trick is...you have to figure out how to build the tubing/body for one ;)

It's not like they even have replacement boards for the ego heads
    http://www.fasttech.com/products/1402605

6. dr g

Still not worth it. If you are going to mod, especially with 18650 power, make something more robust. Even unregulated would be better.

7. WarHawk-AVG

Let me guess..you have never tweaked an old OOOOLD computer to run DSL (darn small linux) just because you could? (had it running like a champ on a 233Mhz Pentium classic with 128mb RAM)

Or softmod an original XBOX with UnleashX dashboard so you can put in a 2TB harddrive in it and run all your games natively in the system and put XBMC on there to have it as a portable media center?

8. dr g

Been there, done all that (or similar). This isn't that. This would be like, i dunno, running win98 on it. Unregulated would be like running linux.

9. WarHawk-AVG

fair enough ;)
    And I have a laptop somewhere around here rocking win98SE...use it for hamfests and stuff

10. dr g

yeah the ego electronics peter out not too far above 2 amps ... imo you're better off not using it

11. Nat79

Thank you all, decided to use 510 connection to make ohm checker as I want to get a RBA soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.