broken ego

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nat79

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2013
Springfield, OR
so I broke my ego style 1100 mah passthrough tried to solder contact wires back to control board. Success (kinda) it got me vapeing, but wouldn't charge so replaced with same this morning. Now I have been wanting to mod so I have kept the dead as parts ( removed batt to avoid any possibility of shorts in USB) so can I do anything with the head ( like the 5 click on/off, 10 sec cutoff, and charge ability) or should I just use the 510 contact only to start a box mod? please any suggestions would be welcome.

Sent from my iPhone

WarHawk-AVG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
H-Town
NO no no!!!

What is an ego battery...a teeny weeny skinny Li Ion battery...what if you could hook that to an 18650!!!

Imagine if you got a decent battery, soldered the wires on it...then modded say a teeny USB charger on the base on to it like this

DIY USB passthru with a honkering 18650 battery!!!

Something like this...but DIY
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/e-cigarette-apv-reviews/258263-joye-ego-18650-review.html
http://www.vaporkings.com/JoyeTech-18650-powered-eGo-T-Genuine-JoyeTech-p/ego-18650-mod.htm

Trick is...you have to figure out how to build the tubing/body for one ;)

It's not like they even have replacement boards for the ego heads
http://www.fasttech.com/products/1402605
Red wire - positive of battery

Black wire - negative of battery and to the metal tube of the case. (assuming you have one - if not then you need to connect the black to both the negative of the battery and the outer of the connector you are using to screw your atomizers into - extra bit of wire will be needed).

Yellow wire - centre pin of the atomizer connector.

Remember this thing has the 5 click on/off feature, and will handle charging your battery in-situ (just screw the charger onto the atomizer connection as you would with a standard EGO type battery).

Last edited:

WarHawk-AVG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
H-Town
Still not worth it. If you are going to mod, especially with 18650 power, make something more robust. Even unregulated would be better.
Let me guess..you have never tweaked an old OOOOLD computer to run DSL (darn small linux) just because you could? (had it running like a champ on a 233Mhz Pentium classic with 128mb RAM)

Or softmod an original XBOX with UnleashX dashboard so you can put in a 2TB harddrive in it and run all your games natively in the system and put XBMC on there to have it as a portable media center?

Last edited:

dr g

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2012
Paradise
Let me guess..you have never tweaked an old OOOOLD computer to run DSL (darn small linux) just because you could? (had it running like a champ on a 233Mhz Pentium classic with 128mb RAM

Or softmod an original XBOX with UnleashX dashboard so you can put in a 2TB harddrive in it and run all your games natively in the system and put XBMC on there to have it as a portable media center?

Been there, done all that (or similar). This isn't that. This would be like, i dunno, running win98 on it. Unregulated would be like running linux.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread