Burnt taste and the piece connected to battery and end I I draw from lots up orange

Status
Not open for further replies.

Austin Smallwood

Nov 29, 2015
I've had an pen style e cig for a week now, and I'm still learning the pieces names and everything. I've had a problem with a burnt taste in it recently and I noticed this started occurring when the piece connected to my battery and the end that I place the juice in and hit it from keeps lighting up orange on the inside. Is there anything I can do to fix this? What is causing it to light up?

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
the piece inside isnt supposed to light up orange... if it does, its getting way to hot and burning the wick which makes things taste really nasty.... only time you should make it glow is when you are dry burning the coil ( without a wick) to burn off the crud build up which should be brushed off and then a new wick installed...

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
I've had an pen style e cig for a week now, and I'm still learning the pieces names and everything. I've had a problem with a burnt taste in it recently and I noticed this started occurring when the piece connected to my battery and the end that I place the juice in and hit it from keeps lighting up orange on the inside. Is there anything I can do to fix this? What is causing it to light up?

sounds like your wick burnt up;

you must have had a coughing fit inhaling that stuff.

change the coil.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
I did, could I go to the shop and be able to buy a new coil? if so, how much would one typically cost?

is it something like this?
3160500-5.jpg

those types are pretty common; or were common anyway; not so common nowadays.

If you have a vape shop near you, check them out and see;
replacement coils aren't expensive; maybe $1 or $3 depending on the type of coil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread