Burnt taste vapor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justin Mastroeni

May 15, 2015
Philadelphia
.5 ohm, 1.2, and .5

I just replaced the battery with one that was full power, cleaned the coil with distilled water and let it air dry, then i dry burned the coil, replaced the cotton and made sure it wasn't too tight or too loose, washed and refilled the tank, cleaned the air holes, changed the air flow to slightly less air so more juice would pull ( tried airy too ) and made sure the juice holes had room to flow and I also did a few dry hits without power to try and pull extra juice into the atomizer before vaping.

I officially give up on the attys because it is even starting to burn my nose, all three of them are officially crap. I need to replace them. Do you know if new attys come pre wicked with cotton?
No no sorry not the battery but the mod itself, like maybe the board is fried and just sending way to much power, try you addy on another mod and see what happens

Newtovaping94

Apr 29, 2015
Its strange because the 1.2 ohm atty is good around 13 watts and the .5 ohm atty is supposebly perfect around 25 watts.

Now let me ask you this. Do you chain vape?

I took a few puffs and let it rest. It was awful right away pretty much the first puff. I couldn't stand it to take more. Usually though I would take a few puffs every few seconds when it tasted good until my craving was gone.

Newtovaping94

Apr 29, 2015
The pen battery should be fine at 1.2 ohms. Give it a try. All of the trouble you've had I'd suspect your mod is on the fritz.

Well Unfortunately the 1.2 coil is messed up. I took the coil out for further inspection and pretty much messed up the coil bad. I only have the sub ohm .5 operational. Good timing on my part huh lol

Newtovaping94

Apr 29, 2015
At .5 ohm the pen battery is not likely to fire. IIRC the min resistance they will fire is about 1.2 ohms.

Yes I should have thought of it sooner. I literally took apart the 1.2 and the coil pretty much fell apart. I'm not very keen on replacing the coil right now and the only one that is still safely functional is the .5 OCC

Newtovaping94

Apr 29, 2015
Start as low as it can go.

Yeah tried it there's no way this clearo will fit on the kbox although the kanger fits on the ego.. I misjudged that one.

Oh well, I appreciate the help guys. Going to buy a new atty pre wicked if available and test it at the store. If it still tastes horrible then I know that I will unfortunately have to get a new electric mod.

Justin Mastroeni

May 15, 2015
Philadelphia
Well Unfortunately the 1.2 coil is messed up. I took the coil out for further inspection and pretty much messed up the coil bad. I only have the sub ohm .5 operational. Good timing on my part huh lol
Wait til the morning and go to a shop try a different mod, I really think the board on yours might be bad

Newtovaping94

Apr 29, 2015
Wait til the morning and go to a shop try a different mod, I really think the board on yours might be bad

I'm hoping its just the type of cotton that came with the tank or the attys.. I've had this mod for less than a month brand new and I'm in a world that doesn't accept refunds and mailing takes months.

Justin Mastroeni

May 15, 2015
Philadelphia
I'm hoping its just the type of cotton that came with the tank or the attys.. I've had this mod for less than a month brand new and I'm in a world that doesn't accept refunds and mailing takes months.
Can you post pics of your Addy? And yeah I get that, most shops near me honor the warranties though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread