Status
Not open for further replies.

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
The vape lab. I think I saw a few articles on it. I dont think we have caught up with America when it comes to vape shops and the like. And we probably wont with these regulations coming round in may. Check it out and tell me what you think. Where you staying in london?

Thanks. Hopefully I'll have some time to check it out. I'm staying in Notting Hill, but I lived in the UK for two years so I know my way around.

Reactions: Krisma

yankeebobo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2012
Western MA
A cup chipped on the stem is still usable. In fact a wounded cup is less likely to suffer further damage. It's got more wiggle room lol!
This is another excellent point. If a cup chips, don’t fret. I use chipped ceramic as long as it holds its form.

A chipped base simply may gain you a little freedom and to lag your pos lead the other way. A chipped upper wing may simply require the neg lead the other wing. The chips that interfere with the wire route may be the problem. Or those that flat out split in two. Other wise they are safely usable and alter nothing. (may even gain some wick room).

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
This is another excellent point. If a cup chips, don’t fret. I use chipped ceramic as long as it holds its form.

A chipped base simply may gain you a little freedom and to lag your pos lead the other way. A chipped upper wing may simply require the neg lead the other wing. The chips that interfere with the wire route may be the problem. Or those that flat out split in two. Other wise they are safely usable and alter nothing. (may even gain some wick room).

Yeah, I have a pile of chipped tubes/posts that I'm saving as backups for when I run out. :rolleyes:

Krisma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Australia
I don't know if this is useful advice but ever since Techno told me to do everything with the base attached (threaded to my provari) to something then it was easier to keep the ceramic safe. I do the little screwdriver jiggle as well and once I get a little movement I use fingers.

The other thing is If I am really stuck I remove wick and use a blunt needle through the coil to lift the coil gently. That also seems to release the cup from the pin so you can just lift off with fingers,

Rob Stobbs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2013
Cambridgeshire UK
Thanks. Hopefully I'll have some time to check it out. I'm staying in Notting Hill, but I lived in the UK for two years so I know my way around.
Sorry I'm fashionably late again. I know you want a B&M but have you tried any houseofliquid yet? If not and if you are a tobacco hound, do have a look.:)

Reactions: qorax

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
Sorry I'm fashionably late again. I know you want a B&M but have you tried any houseofliquid yet? If not and if you are a tobacco hound, do have a look.:)
Thanks, but I'm only here another few days, so if it's not a B&M then I won't be able to partake.

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
I use those wires. The NR legs are 32g and the R part is 33 or 34g -just a bit thinner.

Well crap! You said that 30ga was the max. That's probably why I can't get the damn cups out and are so hard to seat. But nobody tells you the gauge of the NR wire so what is a person suppose to do? I don't have a zapper so I can't make my own NR-R-NR. Tried that...it sucks. :grr:

Reactions: Billie-cig

yankeebobo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2012
Western MA
Well crap! You said that 30ga was the max. That's probably why I can't get the damn cups out and are so hard to seat. But nobody tells you the gauge of the NR wire so what is a person suppose to do? I don't have a zapper so I can't make my own NR-R-NR. Tried that...it sucks. :grr:
The 32 legs on stormy are thinner than the 30g max mentioned. Maybe I’m getting slightly confused but the way I’m reading this, the stormy should go in easier than the 30 and therefore should come out easier.

(I swear I tried to keep up today *scratching head*)

petemoss

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2013
Queens, NY
I meant max thickness. You're OK since 32g is thinner! Don't worry, tmcase, be happy!

EDIT: ah I see yankee already told you..

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
The 32 legs on stormy are thinner than the 30g max mentioned. Maybe I’m getting slightly confused but the way I’m reading this, the stormy should go in easier than the 30 and therefore should come out easier.

(I swear I tried to keep up today *scratching head*)

You're right. 32ga is thinner than 30ga. My bad. Maybe I should grease the whole damn cup when I seat it. :facepalm:

Billie-cig

Unregistered - Closed
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2013
Athens,Greece
www.byLeo.eu
I can't find premade wires (nr-r-nr), only ceramic cups with silica and spools of resistant wire and spools of non resistant wire. Help! :cry:
We don't have just premade wires in stock. We only have cups with premade coils inside. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread