Can I use 12mg in a tfv8 baby?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rbrookv

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2017
I was always told you should only use 3 or 6mg nic in a sub ohm tank. I run my set up at 55 watts with my tfv8 baby and have 6mg ejuice but it's not really curbing my craving for analogs, should I up my nic to 12 or will the throat hit be too harsh with the tank I have?

My 6mg ejuice is 80/20 vg/pg
The 12mg juice I have is 70/30 pg/vg
The type of cigarettes I used to smoke were Pall Mall reds and I would smoke a little more than half a pack a day.

It also depends on the coil and wattage. I used to smoke the same darts. Pall mall or Peter Jackson reds. But I smoked 1-2 packs a day before I got on top of my smoking, drinking and addictions. So you may want to avoid chain vaping.
I actually use 18mg in a .5 ohm tank for work. It's easier to get a 30 second vape in then it is a few minutes. Kitchen life. I can take a couple hauls in my washroom trips.

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
You can use whatever MG you want aside from what others suggest. I started vaping with 18-24MG and reduced it to 6 and not long after down to 3MG. Recently for a what the heck experiment I vaped some of that high MG stuff I had around and yes I could do it but not like I vape my 3MG. Your body will tell you what is right for you.

Tony80

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2015
You can use whatever MG you want aside from what others suggest. I started vaping with 18-24MG and reduced it to 6 and not long after down to 3MG. Recently for a what the heck experiment I vaped some of that high MG stuff I had around and yes I could do it but not like I vape my 3MG. Your body will tell you what is right for you.

I did the same thing, but I think next batch of juice I order will be a mix of 3 and 6, sometimes the 3 isn't enough for me.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
I was vaping 12 comfortably with my single wire subtank builds being .5 to 1.0ohm for a long time. I then got into claptons and began getting a headache from over nic so I dropped to 9 and happy again. Now dabbling into stainless steel builds and super low ohm multiwire builds(.2-.4) that produce massive vapor, I began to get headaches so I dropped again to 6. I let my body tell me that I get too much nic along with learning not to inhale every vape but just to mouth the massive hits but take a reasonable hit to inhale. DIY gives you the ability to change nic levels on a whim and know exactly what nic level your vaping, commercial juices may vary depending on if the mixer is paying attention.

Reactions: Eskie

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
I mostly make my own but sometimes I buy prebought.
Yet again us mtlers have been forgotten. To get premium juice sometimes I buy 3 or 6 and then use an ejuice calc and add my own nic to a 12. I've got the element dripper range in 12 at the moment.

Even though I do it, it's not recommended as you wouldn't put more alcohol in a fine bottle of wine to get a better hit but I do it with vapes.

Buy a 12 and see how you get on. If it's too much buy a 6 and add some nic till your satisfied.
Better still, just make your own ejuice from scratch.
Very easy to do :thumb:

Reactions: Eskie

Swaglife81

Apr 16, 2017
I tried 12mg as my first strength since vaping and it was way way to strong of a throat it. I was a pack a day smoker of real tobacco. Sub ohm tank like the baby you are getting alot more nicotine at one time than a low wattage MTL tank. With the .4 ohm coil is what I tried that 12mg with.

Everybody is different but willing to bet it will be way to harsh. They have some .6 ohm coils for the baby. I would try those with the 12mg of you must

BlueMoods

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2010
USA - Arkansas
I run 18mg sub-ohm if I can get it, or it's my DIY juice, 12 mostly with premades and, 6 on FFDA juice because that is the max it comes in from the supplier I use.

I used to smoke 2-3 packs per day of filtered little cigars, 4 packs if I had to get Marlboro or Pal Mal or something.

Before sun-ohm, I needed 36mg juice so, half that or less is a big improvement.

I would say the half strength of what you vape regularly would be a good place to start with sub-ohm.

Carl2

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2016
I started out using a Kanger, a friend suggested starting at 18 mg, I could see the vapor but didn't get any taste or flavor. The nicotine seems to have satisfied my cravings and I was able to stop using tobacco. It was pretty easy to drop slowly to 3 mg. I got into DIY and was able to get some flavor out of the liquid. I don't think about the nicotine, I always thing about how much flavor I get out of the vape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread