• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Canvape's pre coiled wicks okay for my RDA?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys,

I'm brand new to RDAs. I picked up the Bully II from juggys last week. Vaped great for the first few days. Now i've been getting a burnt sort of taste. the coil is still okay I think, but the wick is blackened. Is it possible to only replace the wick and not the wire? Juggys supplied me with two extra wicks, but no wire. If not, would the pre coiled wicks from canvape be good for this application? I dont have a resistance checker on my mod, but the pre wrapped coils are already checked. Thanks in advance for the help!

Regzzz

ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2009
NCR, Canada
Hey Leekelvin92.

First off, you could try a dry burn: just rinse the coil and wick under some warm water (faucet) and dry it with tissue or air dryer. Then with no liquid in it, just do a dry burn in 5 seconds bursts (no more). until it glows even red and does not smoke up...

If that does not work, or you still want to replace the wick only, yes you can replace the wick only.. by gently pulling the wick out of the coil. then you can feed the new wick through the coil (will prob work best if you twist the wick on its way in...)

you can buy the pre-made wick and coils, they work great. I prefer to buy the wick and wire and build them myself and a resistance checker is about 6 $ at Canadian tire... but that's just me, I like to work at these things...

These 2 vids can perhaps help:

this one from PBursado is on an IGO-l but it is pretty similar in design:

A PBusardo Review - The IGO-L RBA - YouTube

and this one seems interesting too...:

V3 Rebuildable Atomizer from Canvape - YouTube

hope this helps.

Reg

Last edited:

chadsmo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
BC Canada
I understand the desire for the 'easy way out' so to speak for your RDA, but it's really easy to do yourself and much much cheaper. Here's one of many ebay listings for 32g kanthal Kanthal 32 Gauge AWG A1 Wire 100ft Roll 20mm 13 75 Ohms ft Resistance | eBay

That's 100ft for about 15$. You need like 3 inches to make a coil and have it be long enough to easily work with. I bought my first RDA, an IGO-L about a month after I started vaping and was a little leery at first, but quickly got over the small learning curve. With an RDA and silica your coil doesn't need to be perfect, which is nice, though it's not hard to make it really nice if you wrap with something to stabilize it (i use a straightened 1mm paperclip). As for silica, i my IGO-L if I were to use 32G wire I'd probably wrap a 4/5 on 2mm wick doubled over on it's self, if memory serves correctly that's about 1.9 ohms. I'm currently running a 5/6 of 28g on doubled 3mm at about 1 ohm in my IGO-L with a drilled out 1/16 airhole, goooood times lol.

As for buying silica, I think jugheads' price for wick is pretty reasonable at 30 cents per foot and I find the quality and taste of the silica they use to be great. It really does only cost you like 6 cents to rebuild a coil if you buy what I mentioned there. Oh and like 5 minutes of your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread