cartomizers for ego twist

Status
Not open for further replies.

plasticscones

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Tropic
so i've been doing some reading and taking notes on advice i've gotten on the forum and that added with my limited experience i find that cartomizers are better for my needs and vapping style. tanks and stardust style are not a good fit with me. i'm going to buy myself a pair of ego twist batteries and from what i gather SR Boge cartomizers are what I want to get, do I need an adaptor or anything else? Thanks! any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

also since im relatively new to quitting cigarettes i tend to chain smoke and take hard hits so i think that's one of the many reasons stardusts didn't work for me, so i need something that can keep up with my fast and deep draws

donnah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Albemarle, North Carolina
I have a vaping buddy who vapes like she's trying to suck a golf ball through a rubber hose. As a result, she complains that she keeps getting a burnt taste when using boge cartos in tanks.... where as I, who takes long, slow, smoooth draws don't get any burnt taste, even vaping her device right after she complains that she is. So it's got to be the vaping style that's doing it. I've always heard this but didn't think much about it since it never affected me but after watching her and seeing the results, I'm a believer. Try learning to take slower, softer draws and see if that makes a difference. She just got her first vv device and said that she was used to having to take such heavy draws to compensate for the voltage that kept getting weaker (in her 3.7 box mod) as the batts discharged. Right off hand, I don't know of any carto that is known for keeping up with heavy hitters. If you're vaping that hard, you'll be refilling and topping off constantly.

I don't know if using a boge carto that's not in a tank will make any difference but I suspect it will be the same burnt taste if you hit it too hard.

The ego is 510 threaded like the boge cartos, that's pretty much the "standard". You might want some sort of threading cover to make it look more streamlined though.

As far as getting a certain resistance carto to work with the twist... the twist goes up to about 4.8v underload, that would be too low for me with a 3ohm carto (which is all I use nowadays) so I, myself would need a lower resistance.. like 2 or 2.5 to be able to get the vape I want on that device.. I thought about getting one but then I'd have to get more cartos to use on it and keep them seperate and figured it would be too much trouble when I'm happy with what I have now :unsure:

Last edited:

Beans

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Missoula Montana
Hi plastics, I believe the twist tops out at 4.8 volts so you can actually use SR or LR. It depends on how hot you like your vape..Personally I'd go for LR but it's very personal, if your unsure try a box of each. I'd also suggest getting a few drip tips too if you don't already have some. I hope you like your twist :)

plasticscones

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Tropic
I have a vaping buddy who vapes like she's trying to suck a golf ball through a rubber hose. As a result, she complains that she keeps getting a burnt taste when using boge cartos in tanks.... where as I, who takes long, slow, smoooth draws don't get any burnt taste, even vaping her device right after she complains that she is. So it's got to be the vaping style that's doing it. I've always heard this but didn't think much about it since it never affected me but after watching her and seeing the results, I'm a believer. Try learning to take slower, softer draws and see if that makes a difference. She just got her first vv device and said that she was used to having to take such heavy draws to compensate for the voltage that kept getting weaker (in her 3.7 box mod) as the batts discharged. Right off hand, I don't know of any carto that is known for keeping up with heavy hitters. If you're vaping that hard, you'll be refilling and topping off constantly.

I don't know if using a boge carto that's not in a tank will make any difference but I suspect it will be the same burnt taste if you hit it too hard.

The ego is 510 threaded like the boge cartos, that's pretty much the "standard". You might want some sort of threading cover to make it look more streamlined though.

As far as getting a certain resistance carto to work with the twist... the twist goes up to about 4.8v underload, that would be too low for me with a 3ohm carto (which is all I use nowadays) so I, myself would need a lower resistance.. like 2 or 2.5 to be able to get the vape I want on that device.. I thought about getting one but then I'd have to get more cartos to use on it and keep them seperate and figured it would be too much trouble when I'm happy with what I have now :unsure:

thanks! so i can directly plug the cartos into my battery even without the threading cover right? and you're right, i've been experimenting with softer longer draws on my stardusts and it has helped a bit. i guess getting the right inhaling pace is also part of the learning curve with e-cigs :)

moishesmom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2012
west bloomfield
Hi Plastic - I love my cartos (w/or w/o tank) on my Twist. I prefer the LR resurrectors, both the 1.7 & the Jumbo, & keep the Twist at approx. 3.8 -4. range - seems to extend the charged time on the Twist. This could be a figment of my imagination, but it does seem to work; this was also recommended by a vendor who said that the LR would extend the life of the battery - time will tell. VAPE ON!

asha23

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2012
London
I use 2.8 - 3.2 ohm Boges. I also use 2.8ohm Vision Stardust V3s. I find that low rez dual coils don't really work much over 4 volts. In other words you get the best range from higher rez cartos.

You can use lower rez ones, but there isn't much point having a Twist if you do to be honest. They are designed to be used at lower voltages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread