CE4 Vision Clearomizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheriff420

ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2011
NC
So I picked up a couple of these the other day and I'm not sorry I did. It looks like the stardust to me. eGo CE4 Vision Clearomizer (Holds 1.6ml | 2.0ohm) for eGo Model eCigs | Electronic Cigarette CE4 Clearomizer
I've been wanting to try them for a while and haven't ordered any until I went to this store and saw that they had them. I told them that they should check them out since a lot of people seem to like them and I thought they would be an easy sell. Turns out that they must have thought so too because they started stocking them.
Anyway, I like it.
I haven't tried my Copper Creek house blend in it (60% VG 40% PG) because that stuff is pretty harsh on equipment (it won't wick in an eGo-C). I have been using the banana from Aqua Vapor and I'm liking it a lot (that stuff works in the eGo-C). I had a couple drops left in the clearomizer on it's first fill before I got a slight change in taste and I haven't let it get that low since. I've been using it for a week without any complaints.
Pbusardo did a review on these and his main complaint (from what I remember) was that you had to vape with it horizontal to keep the wicks submerged but that isn't really a big issue. Most of the time when I take a hit I'll have my elbow on an armrest anyway so it's horizontal. If I'm standing then just moving it around pulling it out of my pocket and stuff gets the wicks wet.

I realize that I'm rambling a bit now but I have a question, how do CE4 Clearomizers handle VG juice like the standard VG/PG blend from Copper Creek?

Sheriff420

ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2011
NC
If they can handle 50/50 then I assume they'll do ok with 60/40. I'm gonna give it a shot.
2.5 to 5.5 weeks is what I used to get out of the ego mega dual coil cartomizers until the last three that I filled with about 4ml of juice only to have them go bad after 3-7 days and have a couple milliliters of good juice left in them. At least I won't have a bunch of wasted juice when one of these go bad.

DMF

ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2010
Slower Lower Delaware
I use only vg. I have 0 issues with them, in fact, they go through liquid so slowly it's more economical to use them for me. SO easy to clean . warm water flush shake around rinse repeat, dry burn , vape away.
As far as the "having to vape with the thing sideways" , I just roll the liquid around in the carto before I take a drag. Especially with vg, it sticks to the wick and gets drawn in nicely.

MPage

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2011
Warsaw, Indiana
I am not sure, tho your supplier will know- and there are inexpensive adapters for alot of things.

These will develop hair line cracks along the base, which is when I tossed mine. I just read that someone puts superglue on hers to stop those, so I will try that next. I had only used the clear ones, and my first blue one lasted the shortest amount of time- not sure if there is a color issue involved in that, tho I don't see how. If the superglue works that is awesome!

Miira

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2012
Seaside, CA
I am not sure, tho your supplier will know- and there are inexpensive adapters for alot of things.

These will develop hair line cracks along the base, which is when I tossed mine. I just read that someone puts superglue on hers to stop those, so I will try that next. I had only used the clear ones, and my first blue one lasted the shortest amount of time- not sure if there is a color issue involved in that, tho I don't see how. If the superglue works that is awesome!

The newest version is supposed to use a different plastic to fix the cracking issues with cinnamon and other problem juices.

mostlyclassics

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
You can also use a plastic solvent type "glue" such as Ambroid on the cracks to seal them. Ambroid dissolves the plastic and "welds" the sides of the crack together. Once it's dried completely, there's no residue. Ambroid is available from well-stocked hobby supply stores and on the internet. A several-ounce bottle will cost about six bucks and last for years. Here's the method:

1. Clean the Stardust using your favorite method, then let dry thoroughly. It must be totally dry. If you used water to clean them, I suggest letting them dry for several days. If you used alcohol, then overnight is generally long enough.
  2. Using the brush in the bottle cap, baste the cracks with Ambroid. Make sure the basted area is twice the length of the crack.
  3. Let dry for several hours (this may be overkill, but you want all the Ambroid to diffuse to the surface of the plastic and evaporate).
  4. Fill the Stardust as you normally would and puff away!
Warning signs:

1. Ambroid dries clear. If it dries milky, then you didn't let your Stardust dry completely, inside and out, after you cleaned it. The Ambroid is miscible in water and alcohol, so your plastic weld(s) won't hold. Let the Stardust dry thoroughly, then rebaste the cracks.
  2. If a hard toke produces bubbles rising through the e-liquid from the base of the Stardust, you didn't seal all the cracks. Dump the e-liquid into another Stardust, clean the bubbling one, let dry and rebaste with Ambroid. Sometimes, basting the contact edge of the plastic and metal will seal the little cracks at the very base of the Stardust.
My first two Stardusts are now almost three months old and have had much more than 100 ml. of e-liquid run through each of them. Needless to say, I've cleaned them and basted their cracks with Ambrol repeatedly. They still vape like new.

chewie

Verified Member
Will these work on a KGO with the 510 set Up??

I use them with a KGO, no issues at all. Sometimes I get a CE4 with a tight draw, and I bought a shorty 510 adapter which just lifts the clearomizer a little bit (1/4" or less). It lifts the eGo skirt and lets more air get in through the bottom, the only drawback is that leaves your outer threads exposed, which is only a visual issue, than a practical issue.

You can hide the threads with the shorty cone, and you will still get the extra height offered by the shorty 510 adapter. It's just a little screw that you screw into the 510 threads at the top of the KGO, and then you screw the CE4 into the adapter. It allows the power to go through the higher threads when you push the power button on your KGO as well. Again the adapter is not necessary at all, but I just think it lets more air in when sometimes you get CE4s with tighter draws than others. I hate pulling on a clearomizer until my cheeks cave in, and it looks like I am trying to suck a grape through a straw. Most vendors have them under the heading "Accessories" or "Adapters."

I am still confused what the difference is between a CE4, and Vision Stardust. I can only imagine they are from a different manufacturer/supplier, but what physical and practical differences in performance exist I do not know. I believe that I have some of both, because I ordered from 2 different vendors when one was out, and one used the name CE4, the other eGo Vision clearomizer, with a footnote that these were the same clearomizers other vendors sold as the Stardust, which is a name that has been trademarked by some suppliers and vendors.

I don't know why so many people are complaining of dry hits and flavorless e-liquid. I have not experienced that, even with 2 months of use, I have only had one clearo that dropped in performance that I poured the liquid into a brand new clearo, and it tasted brand new and produced brand new vapor again. I am trying to decide if it's worth the trouble of cleaning and dry burning, as opposed to disposing and replacing. I am on a limited budget for this habit, which has gotten more and more expensive the more I learn what is out there for my vaping pleasure. If I allowed myself to spend unfettered, I could easily spend more on vaping than I did on analogs.

In 5 months of vaping, I have already spent more than my previous monthly analog budget more than once. I haven't bought any analogs since I bought a carton of them while I was waiting for my first e-cig in January, 2012. I got a refund on the e-cig once I learned you could get a PV and fill the e-liquid yourself, without using those little cartridges, which didn't last me for long at all since I was a heavy smoker, thus a moderately heavy vaper.

Have you seen at DiscountVapers the CE5? It's like a CE4, but you can discard the coil and wicks, and replace the innards, without discarding the tube. That just seems more green and environmentally responsible to me, than throwing away all those used up clearomizers that don't get recycled. Some reviews have been promising, and others have been less so, showing a narrow opening that is difficult to get the e-liquid in. RockingRobbie on YouTube said that his e-liquid did not taste as strong as it should, like it did with the Stardust either. His theory was that "the wicks possibly filter out particles that give the user the best flavor."

Give them a try on your KGO. Always start with one, then if you like them get more.

chewie

Verified Member
just got a new vtube and wanted to try these tanks.. will they work with the 510 threading on it?

I just got a Variable Volt tube mod myself. 510 to 510 adapters are always good to have with a tube mod, for accessories that won't clear the juice well, or top of the device. For the Vision CE4 clearomizers, I prefer the 510 Battery to eGo Atomizer Adapter myself. It provides a little bit of width at the bottom, to prevent the skirt at the bottom of the clearomizer from bending back and forth, possibly weakening the 510 connection underneath. If it bends too many times it may eventually snap. This adapter is too wide at the bottom to allow that.
510 Battery to eGo Atomizer Adapter - E Cig : Joye eGo & eGo-T | Boge Leo | Cartomizers | E-Liquid | Electronic Cigarettes | eGo Tank
Big photo here: Big Photo 510 Battery to eGo Atomizer Adapter

A few vendors who sell eGo or Joy-e-tech products, KGOs, tube mods, and Rivas, carry them. Then you just need 1 adapter at a time only, when using the CE4 Vision Clearomizer.

Last edited:

Durangler

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Peoria, AZ
You can also use a plastic solvent type "glue" such as Ambroid on the cracks to seal them. Ambroid dissolves the plastic and "welds" the sides of the crack together. Once it's dried completely, there's no residue. Ambroid is available from well-stocked hobby supply stores and on the internet. A several-ounce bottle will cost about six bucks and last for years. Here's the method:

1. Clean the Stardust using your favorite method, then let dry thoroughly. It must be totally dry. If you used water to clean them, I suggest letting them dry for several days. If you used alcohol, then overnight is generally long enough.
  2. Using the brush in the bottle cap, baste the cracks with Ambroid. Make sure the basted area is twice the length of the crack.
  3. Let dry for several hours (this may be overkill, but you want all the Ambroid to diffuse to the surface of the plastic and evaporate).
  4. Fill the Stardust as you normally would and puff away!
Warning signs:

1. Ambroid dries clear. If it dries milky, then you didn't let your Stardust dry completely, inside and out, after you cleaned it. The Ambroid is miscible in water and alcohol, so your plastic weld(s) won't hold. Let the Stardust dry thoroughly, then rebaste the cracks.
  2. If a hard toke produces bubbles rising through the e-liquid from the base of the Stardust, you didn't seal all the cracks. Dump the e-liquid into another Stardust, clean the bubbling one, let dry and rebaste with Ambroid. Sometimes, basting the contact edge of the plastic and metal will seal the little cracks at the very base of the Stardust.
My first two Stardusts are now almost three months old and have had much more than 100 ml. of e-liquid run through each of them. Needless to say, I've cleaned them and basted their cracks with Ambrol repeatedly. They still vape like new.

I find this information invaluable!!
Thank you for sharing. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread