Chargers that fit 20700-sized batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    I've been getting a lot of requests for a list of chargers that fit the new 20700-sized (20mm diameter, 70mm length) batteries that are becoming available.

Here's a list of chargers that fit the Sanyo NCR20700A/B, iJoy, and Ampking 20700 batteries. A couple are a tight squeeze though so you need to keep the wraps in perfect condition (good advice for any battery though).

Basen BS1 (barely fits)
    Basen BS-2
    Basen BS-4
    Efest LUC V4
    Efest LUC V6
    Efest SODA
    E-SYB S6
    HohmTech HohmBase
    XTAR SV2

Please note:
    - I have not tried any other chargers.
    - I do not know if I will be trying any other chargers or when.
    - I do not know if these chargers will fit any other 20700 or 21700 batteries, but they should.
    - I cannot guarantee that you will be able to use these chargers with these batteries, only that I was able to.

If you have personally used any other chargers successfully with 20700 batteries please feel free to respond below with the charger name/model number and which battery.

B2L

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 14, 2012
    Jacksonville, FL
    The XTar VP4 works great with Sanyo 20700As and IJoys. It's somewhat tight on the length and you can't fit 2 side by side in the middle bays however.

IMG_7045.JPG

dripster

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 18, 2017
    Belgium
    I purchased a Nitecore NEW i4 despite that my Ijoy 20700 batteries fit in my older Nitecore D4. It's because the wrap rubs slightly against the contacts of the D4, and, with four of these batteries in the D4 the whole thing kind of looks like it's all been molded into place, whereas in the NEW i4 (not to be confused with the i4) there is some actual breathing space around them.

100%VG

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 12, 2013
    Starbase 12 near Risa
    Thanks for the thread, @Mooch!!!
    The efest blu6 will also work.
    I have an Efest Luc Blu6 and I have 4 iJoy 20700 on the way. Were your 20700s a tight fit? The negative slide looks like it should open enough, but I'm just curious. I have to say that because of the way the slots are made, an 18650 can be hard to remove sometimes. I guess the 20700s should not be inserted side-by-side, to accommodate removing them. I don't want to damage the wraps. Or did you have to use the 26650 slots on the outer sides?

Thanks in advance!

When I get the 20700s, I'll test another charger. If it works, I'll make a post about it here. :thumb:

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015

I have an Efest Luc Blu6 and I have 4 iJoy 20700 on the way. Were your 20700s a tight fit? The negative slide looks like it should open enough, but I'm just curious. I have to say that because of the way the slots are made, an 18650 can be hard to remove sometimes. I guess the 20700s should not be inserted side-by-side, to accommodate removing them. I don't want to damage the wraps. Or did you have to use the 26650 slots on the outer sides?

Thanks in advance!

When I get the 20700s, I'll test another charger. If it works, I'll make a post about it here. :thumb:

I don't remember how tightly or loosely they fit. Only that they did.
    I did not fill up all the slots with 20700's. You'll have to experiment with that.

Reactions: 100%VG

dripster

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 18, 2017
    Belgium
    I did not fill up all the slots with 20700's. You'll have to experiment with that.
    At first I was going to experiment by using my XXX mod and XTension piece for a hammer to slam my 20700s back out of my D4, but then I changed my mind. :D

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 22, 2012
    virginia beach

Thanks in advance!

Not a tight fit as the blu6 charges 26650 batteries.

100%VG

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 12, 2013
    Starbase 12 near Risa
    Thanks! I'll do that and give details. :thumb: I didn't know for sure if your Efest LUC V6 was the same as the LUC Blu6. A concern of mine is the "multilayer paper top ring insulator" on these iJoy 20700s.

Vesh

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 17, 2017
    I've tried some just today as my captain with the twin ijoy 207000's arrived.

Nitecore D2/D4 - NO
    Efest LUCV6 - NO (this was a surprise as Luc4 and Blu6 have apparently very long springs that DO fit).

Opus 3100V2.2 - YES, recommended
    Soshine SH-C4 - YES, recommended
    Xtar VC4, VP4 Dragon, YES, recommended

EDIT: it seems in certain D4's, the 20700's do fit.. YMMV.. In mine they do not.

Last edited:

Vesh

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 17, 2017
    interesting, since the battery is literally longer than the springs. perhaps the new nitecores have lengthened the springs.. In mine, they are 2mm shorter at full open, than the battery itself.

Nope, i rechecked, it definitely won't go in my D2 (2014 bought).

I guess they have lengthened the springs now, so it should be amended to old model vs new model. Thanks for the update.

Last edited:
    Reactions: TheWestPole

madstabber

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 20, 2013
    Concoction Creating Cave
    Liitokala engineer lii-500, and its a great analytical charger also. Fasttech has them for $25 and free shipping plus I got mine in one week. China to Chicago in a week with free shipping and $25 for a $50 charger :shock: that fits 20700. That's a sweet deal and I'm happy as a clam. The $50 charger comment is just my estimation of what the charger is worth. Amazon has them for $79.95 just to give y'all some perspective.:2c:

dripster

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 18, 2017
    Belgium
    interesting, since the battery is literally longer than the springs. perhaps the new nitecores have lengthened the springs.. In mine, they are 2mm shorter at full open, than the battery itself.

Nope, i rechecked, it definitely won't go in my D2 (2014 bought).

I guess they have lengthened the springs now, so it should be amended to old model vs new model. Thanks for the update.
    Mine is indeed the 2016 version D4 (bought in January this year).

Reactions: Vesh

dripster

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 18, 2017
    Belgium
    They fit in mine to :) It's a tight fit. I can't remember when I got it but it was pre 2015
    So it would appear that the batch number (on the bottom of the charger) also makes a difference. I have batch D401210000E (the 'E' just stands for European, I guess).

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread