Chest pain help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris sylvain

Sep 3, 2015
Chest pain for alest a week or two if not longer each month for five months, I been vaping 5 years now and nothing has ever happen like this till recently and vaping seem to make it wrose at time, the pain in my chest is a sharp pain in the mid of my chest at time, congestion and ether burning or cold feeling it chest, I thought was pg cause I was vaping 50/50 for a while, but now I vape max vg and or 80/20 through 90/10 but the pain is back going on for 2 weeks now, doctor see nothing on chest ex ray to explain the pain.

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
Hi Chris and welcome to the forum. Seeing a doctor is the only advice I can give you. I did a search using the search box in the upper right above your name and avatar. It's keyword activated and I used "chest pain" :Search Results for Query: chest pain | E-Cigarette Forum

You might find something in one of the threads. I wish you the best of luck.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Chest pain for alest a week or two if not longer each month for five months, I been vaping 5 years now and nothing has ever happen like this till recently and vaping seem to make it wrose at time, the pain in my chest is a sharp pain in the mid of my chest at time, congestion and ether burning or cold feeling it chest, I thought was pg cause I was vaping 50/50 for a while, but now I vape max vg and or 80/20 through 90/10 but the pain is back going on for 2 weeks now, doctor see nothing on chest ex ray to explain the pain.

how much do you vape?

Reactions: zoiDman

dbrandt01

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2014
Alabama
If your doctor just did an x-ray for chest pain you need a different doctor. My doctor would've done blood work and EKG at least. It's like using an x-ray for stress fractures like I had from the Army when a bone scan is needed to show them. It doesn't show results.

I've never had chest pain personally so I can't speak from personal experience. Your doctor could explain your chest pain better if he did the tests that would help show something than random vapors on an online forum

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Something to consider- more and more of us are using Unflavored eliquid lately. It's a pleasant vape, but if you think you can't handle it, a few drops of your favorite flavors with it works also.

Consider also switching out your coils more frequently.

Either way, give us your whole story here. When your chest hurts, what equipment you use and your vaping style.

Reactions: Rossum

Baditude

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    What is your age? Any family or personal history of heart disease, high blood pressure, peptic ulcer or gastric reflux?

I agree you need more than just an X-ray of your chest. An EKG read by a cardiologist, a routine blood chemistry profile, and perhaps a stress test is necessary for your symptoms.

Sorry for the rant, but I was a physician assistant and registered nurse.

Last edited:

WindyCityJoe

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 6, 2013
    Phoenix, AZ
    3 years ago I had pains in my chest, cardiologist found an artery 83% blocked. I was lucky because I got by with having a stent put in. Btw, thats when I quit smoking, 10 mos after quitting got the urge for a cigarette and thats when I discovered vaping. Do yourself a favor and see another doctor.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal

I'm not a Doctor.

But the type of Chest Pains you are Describing sounds Above and Beyond the Minor Problems that people have Posted about PG/VG Ratios. And since you have been Vaping as long as you have, I think you would know if it was Too Much Nicotine.

My Advise is to not Dilly Dally. And to go Back to your Doctor. Or Another Doctor ASAP.

Reactions: RosaJ

Jeebuz

Sep 4, 2015
    I'm new to vaping, so I can't say whether I've had any pains associated with this, but this isn't something to play around with. I work with medical professionals all day and catching stuff as early as possible is always the best bet. It's better to get peace of mind if it turns out to be nothing than to put it off.

Even if you just call them to at least describe what's going on they can at least give you a recommendation on what to do. Best health to you.

Reactions: CraigStoke

Chris sylvain

Sep 3, 2015
    If your doctor just did an x-ray for chest pain you need a different doctor. My doctor would've done blood work and EKG at least. It's like using an x-ray for stress fractures like I had from the Army when a bone scan is needed to show them. It doesn't show results.

I've never had chest pain personally so I can't speak from personal experience. Your doctor could explain your chest pain better if he did the tests that would help show something than random vapors on an online forum
    He did a Ekg and blood work, they still said the see nothing out of the normal

Canadian_Vaper

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 30, 2015
    ON. Canada
    I am definitely not a doctor but it sounds gastrointestinal, have you been eating something different lately? I eat onions all the time, soups, perogies, sauces, raw on sausage on the bun with no problems, this one time I bought a bag of onions that gave me huge problems, I really thought I was having a heart attack(there's a history of it in my family so I was worried about it since I was a heavy smoker at the time), went to the ER, sitting in the waiting room burped like really really loud and like half the pain went away, laughed it was so loud and the ppl in the waiting room which was packed were all staring at me, checked out and left the ER, didn't realize what it was till the next time I ate those onion's..

Avoid these Gas Causing Foods to see if it helps and chew your other food better if you don't..
    • Baked beans
    • Vegetables: Brussels sprouts, Cabbage, Cauliflower, broccoli, onion
    • Chewing gum
    • Whole grain: whole wheat
    • Fruits: apples, peaches, pears
    • Sorbitol: Sugar free candies, gums
    • Carbonated drinks

Oh and if you're worried go get a second opinion!

Edit****

Also if your taking deep lung hits it may add to the problem because of extra pressure.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Liskrig
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread