China Airmail (i need a straight up answer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

b00gym4n

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2009
I know this is an old post/topic, but in your experiences with Heaven-gifts.com (China) how long did it take you to receive your package using "Airmail". I already know EMS is within a week since i've used it before. It's been 13 days since my purchase and it says the package just got into New York. I live in california so i'm expecting another 500 days or so. :( Can anyone help me get a peace of mind here? I'm actually thinking about ordering another package so i can get what i need using EMS, most likely it will get here before my 1st order. Any Airmail experiences, please, preferably china to california airmail experiences. thanks in advance.

Btw don't use Airmail. I hope you read this if you're trying to figure that out.

Last edited:

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
I know this is an old post/topic, but in your experiences with Heaven-gifts.com (China) how long did it take you to receive your package using "Airmail". I already know EMS is within a week since i've used it before. It's been 13 days since my purchase and it says the package just got into New York. I live in california so i'm expecting another 500 days or so. :( Can anyone help me get a peace of mind here? I'm actually thinking about ordering another package so i can get what i need using EMS, most likely it will get here before my 1st order. Any Airmail experiences, please, preferably china to california airmail experiences. thanks in advance.

Btw don't use Airmail. I hope you read this if you're trying to figure that out.

If it's in NY it won't be long. Had an EMS shipment from Eastmall come through NY. It tracked in NY on Thursday and arrived here on Saturday. I know some vendors are rerouting to avoid certain cities but NY can be as bad on customs issues as Chicago.

BTW, the tracking never updated from being in NY until it showed up at my front door. USPS tracking is Much of the problem. I had one package from dietsmokes ordered late on the 15th showed 'processing' at Ft. Worth PO on the 16th until the 19th the night before the package got here. No update on tracking until after it was delivered.

I'll guess Wednesday at the latest and that will be on the 'fast side' of airmail. I have one from Sept 9th ecig24.com that hasn't arrived.

b00gym4n

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2009
If it's in NY it won't be long. Had an EMS shipment from Eastmall come through NY. It tracked in NY on Thursday and arrived here on Saturday. I know some vendors are rerouting to avoid certain cities but NY can be as bad on customs issues as Chicago.

BTW, the tracking never updated from being in NY until it showed up at my front door. USPS tracking is Much of the problem. I had one package from dietsmokes ordered late on the 15th showed 'processing' at Ft. Worth PO on the 16th until the 19th the night before the package got here. No update on tracking until after it was delivered.

I'll guess Wednesday at the latest and that will be on the 'fast side' of airmail. I have one from Sept 9th ecig24.com that hasn't arrived.

I don't know much about shipping processes, but i'm curious since you said you used EMS which landed in NY. My question is, would Airmail be using the same type of USPS ground delivery from NY to my destination? Or would it be different, if it's the same that's great news to me. Is the only difference from EMS & Airmail the overseas process?

Also if you dont mind me asking which state do you live in?

Thank in advance.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
I don't know much about shipping processes, but i'm curious since you said you used EMS which landed in NY. My question is, would Airmail be using the same type of USPS ground delivery from NY to my destination? Or would it be different, if it's the same that's great news to me. Is the only difference from EMS & Airmail the overseas process?

Also if you dont mind me asking which state do you live in?

Thank in advance.

I'm not certain if there is a difference in the mode used between EMS and airmail once it hits US soil but I'd guess it is the same. My Eastmall order was very small and I really don't have any idea of what the criteria is that customs uses to hold something up or whether it is random and luck of the draw, but mine must have moved right through. However just checking on my ecig24 order I now have tracking on it and it's been in NY since the 16th - not good news. Yet eastmall order sailed right through. I withdraw my previous predictions - it appears it's a crapshoot :)

I'm in Ohio.

tiiams

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2009
Roswell,NM
Ok well my experence in the last 60 days is 8 to 10 days from em my stuff comes to s.f. then I get it about 3 days after it is outbound from customs. usps treats it as express mail meaning 3 days del. by noon. But if it still shows inbound to customs it is being delayed by customs, either there behind or inspecting the package by hand.

If no show after 15 days contact em there real good on dealing with shipping issues. I have also ordered from health cabin and heavens gift there all good to deal with and have very fresh stuff.

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
because it say its in NY dosnt mean it is.. the poster who says it didnt update until it arrived is correct..

we get the same.. we use signed for airmail.. it tracks as leaving the UK.. it then updates as arriving in NY.. the next update is when a delivery attempt is made...

the period in between NY and delivery we call the USPS black hole.. things always pop out but you never know exactly when.. times in the US vary.. 3 to 14 days.. we think items just sit in a US customs shed.. or a USPS shed.. or sometimes the horse loses a shoe one the way.. he he he

sooo its reliable but the time taken is unknown.. you sit back and wait for arrival.. dont be fooled by the still in NY bit.. it isnt.. its in the black hole.. it will say NY until a few hours after its been delivered..

trog

ps... we ship from the UK but i think chinese stuff will get the same treatment..

EMS is chinese express.. the low cost HG option will be something they call china mail.. its not EMS express..

Last edited:

lordmage

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2008
Dundalk,Maryland, USA
Man i hate to say this Trog is right about the hole "black hole" . if it were to be ceased the update would read handed over to customs, or some such mess with a returned or refused, accepted status. this happened to me once. the other thing is the USPS Carriers only scan when needed which means when they first get it, if and when it is handed to another states carrier or delivery attempt is made either failed and or passed. with updates every 10 hours or so online so their is a second "black hole" called check back soon. :evil:

Last edited:

unknwn

Jul 7, 2009
My packages (quite small) from Heaven's Gifts and DealExtreme both took every bit of 25 days to get to me.
Once the tracking showed "New York" it was about 4 days to my door.
The pigeons that they employ for airmail in China are quite overworked, and probably the only workforce over there that enjoy union status. (and that means that they get something other than fish heads and rice for thier thrice monthly meal break).:D

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
basally we have shipped thousands of airmail items to the US.. we know what happens at the US end.. things hit the NY update two days after we ship...

after that there is no update until a delivery attempt is made.. the check back later is total bollocks.. if asked on the phone or in person USPS will say its still in customs.. this is also total bollocks.. its in the "black hole"..

now for the good news.. they always come out of the "black hole".. time in the "black hole" can be anywhere between 3 and 10 days... this is not location connected.. we have had stuff get to Hawaii in a total time of 5 days but stuff take over two week to be delivered to someone in New Yorke..

time in the black hole is totally unpredictable and seems totally random.. which is why we call it the black hole.. no one knows what goes on in there even the people that work for USPS..

trog

ps.. at the chinese end there is probably another unpredictable black hole..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread