China Airmail (i need a straight up answer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
No, it isn't wrong.

EMS is an International Cooperative. China is a member and the carrier used there is China Post. The US is a member and the carrier we use is USPS. The UK is a member and the carrier they use is Parcel Force.

they are still entirely different postal services (companies/orgaizations) tho.. the fact they cooperate with each dosnt make them the same..

but we are talking definitions.. by yours most of the worlds postal services could be considered the same.. Royal Mail international airmail in the UK swaps over to USPS in the US and god knows who in the forty odd countries we have shipped to..

but i wouldnt say Royal Mail is Royal Mail in any country in the world and Royal mail certainly aint USPS just like EMS isnt USPS..

mind you in the sense they all deliver mail they are all the same.. i am waiting for a couple of parcels to arrive today from china.. for some odd reason they have used USP not EMS.. unusual but they must have their reasons.. USP seem to handle the entire China to UK journey no swap overs with them..

quite why someone in China would use USP to ship to the UK is a wee bit odd to be but who knows.. he he..

trog

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
we aint argueing really just misunderstanding standing each other.. :)

in my simple way of seeing things if a parcel force guy delivers to my door i get parcel force.. it might have starting with EMS but when it hits the UK shores it becomes Parcel Force... just like when it hits US shores it become USPS..

we are just seeing things differently..a nice list that one i have bookmarked it.. i wish Royal Mail had a similar one.. i know they hand over to USPS in america but elsewhere i dont have the faintest idea...

trog

I went to the Parcel Force site and it really isn't very helpful for determining anything, Trog. At least not for non-customers poking around from outside the country. :D

It does seem though, that the EM committment for Parcel Force is pretty much the same as it is for the USPS.

Glad we aren't arguing:)

Deathbox, I really hope you do get your package. I think you will. Just sit tight.

Deathbox

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Florida
ok a final update from mr on this topic:

i placed an order with a second (reputable) Chinese company and the order was posted on the EMS site the very next day. however, it is only now that the original order i posted and was worried about posted on the EMS site. it took the razzin' frazzin' company a week and a half just to get the order out the door. suckity suck suck.

now, i wonder how long before it arrives

case closed ... for now!

Kurgan

Sep 28, 2009
South Wales, UK
Update:

It's Nov. 3rd and I still have not received the package i ordered on Oct. 13th. I wish i spent that extra 10 ****ing dollars and used express EMS. WOW ****ing WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

someone shoot me, i've been back on analogs and im starting to enjoy them once again like before.

Damn.. Since you already posted the link to the ?????????????????? - then I assume you've tried entering your Waybill number into the tracker and used a language translator on the Kanji text? If so, what did the entries say exactly?

I made an order with HG on the 23th Oct, it was my first time taking the cheaper airmail option, but since it was a weekend I took into account that my order wouldn't be processed until monday the 26th.

Still, for me it says that the package was accepted in North Hongkou on the 28th, and then followed by two barely legible entries about it being accepted to Shanghai International on the 29th.

Do you have anything like that? Obviously it's only a little over a week for me so i'm not expecting it for a while yet, but it at least seems to be going to plan on my end.

Last edited:

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Update:

It's Nov. 3rd and I still have not received the package i ordered on Oct. 13th.

Like Kurgan says, you might post your tracking data - The one from ecig24 that took so long for me sat in NY from the 13th to the 25th. Perhaps yours has been in the states for a few weeks already.

googled

ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2009
ukvapers.com
RE: DX. They have a huge problem with stock and suppliers. I've ordered from them a few times and it's taken 2 weeks plus just to leave their store. They say they will split orders if some items are unavailable or waiting for stock but they haven't every time I've ordered, I ended up cancelling one order that was 'waiting for supplier' for over a month. I'm going to use Trog's tip and take free delivery from now on too since an extra week on top of a month isn't going to matter much :).
Anyone know if FocalPoints is any better?

b00gym4n

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2009
Damn.. Since you already posted the link to the ?????????????????? - then I assume you've tried entering your Waybill number into the tracker and used a language translator on the Kanji text? If so, what did the entries say exactly?

I made an order with HG on the 23th Oct, it was my first time taking the cheaper airmail option, but since it was a weekend I took into account that my order wouldn't be processed until monday the 26th.

Still, for me it says that the package was accepted in North Hongkou on the 28th, and then followed by two barely legible entries about it being accepted to Shanghai International on the 29th.

Do you have anything like that? Obviously it's only a little over a week for me so i'm not expecting it for a while yet, but it at least seems to be going to plan on my end.

Detailed Results:

Inbound International Arrival, October 20, 2009, 10:23 pm, ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)
Origin Post is Preparing Shipment
Foreign International Dispatch, October 16, 2009, 1:09 pm, SHANGHAI, CHINA PEOPLES REP
Foreign Acceptance, October 15, 2009, 4:33 pm, CHINA PEOPLES RE\

I'm just going to forget i ever even ordered it.
Marlboro Reds. MMMMMMMMMm....:mad:

b00gym4n

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2009
Btw just for other people who are reading this...

Heaven Gifts is a great company and will take care of you.

It's China's cheap airmail service that you should hate.

Go with Chinas Express mail service and you wont have a problem.
So if you're wondering EMS or Airmail? I say EMS 100% and if you choose airmail, prepare to wait 1-2 months (not exaggerating) thank you.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Detailed Results:

Inbound International Arrival, October 20, 2009, 10:23 pm, ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)
Origin Post is Preparing Shipment
Foreign International Dispatch, October 16, 2009, 1:09 pm, SHANGHAI, CHINA PEOPLES REP
Foreign Acceptance, October 15, 2009, 4:33 pm, CHINA PEOPLES RE\

I'm just going to forget i ever even ordered it.
Marlboro Reds. MMMMMMMMMm....:mad:

Actually 6 days to NY via the airmail option isn't that bad. It's NY. That's where mine was stuck too. First people were saying don't go thru Chicago and now it's going thru there like butter it seems. NY is the hold up. EMS, comes through LA or SF on it's way to me in Ohio.

ExDee

Moved On
Oct 13, 2009
  • Deleted by Jim Davis
  • Reason: Underage Poster

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Update:

I received my package today. WOOT!

Everything was fine, except I was given a dud atomizer. I guess I have to go through this whole process again, for an atomizer. Lol.

Anybody know any U.S free quick shipping companies? I just need to purchase a few atomizers. Thanks.

Good! No PM necessary ;-)

Are you sure it's a dud? Do you have a multimeter?

There's a good reason why the sticky in the new member forum says to put your location in your profile.

That way we can tell you where the 'fastest shipping may be for you!' But cignot is centrally located and have fast shipping if you're talking a 510?

More info needed...

mELIANTE

ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2009
Portugal
Heyhey! Well I ordered my parcel from Heaven-Gifts air mail on 10/22/09. Received a paper today to receive and it said my parcel is waiting in the post office and can be picked up tomorrow. It's pretty fast! 13 days in all. Pretty fast to the others.
I'm happy for you :)
I just wish I had the same luck. Made my order on the 19th and still nothing. I suppose Portugal really is Europe's bottom:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread