Christmas Gift Recommendation for heavy vaper?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Count Vapealot

Nov 4, 2015
I'm looking to buy a new vape for my girlfriend for Christmas. This question is specifically about the rba though. What RBA would you recommend, given the below details?

Mandatory Requirements:
It must be RDTA or RTA (due to work and so forth, she doesn't have the luxury of dripping whenever she needs to).
It must be very user friendly in terms of cleaning and replacing the coil and wick (not the making of the coil and wick mind you, just the actual opening up, cleaning, replacing, etc.).
It must be suitable for someone who vapes almost constantly.

Non-Mandatory Requirements:
Would strongly prefer a top-fill model, if only because it's convenient and easy.

Christmas Target: My girlfriend, 30 years old, very heavy smoker and now a very heavy vaper. She started vaping about 9 months ago and has progressed up from a starter pen/cig vape to an Eleaf 30W. It's not bad, but she puts it through hell and it just wasn't made for someone who vapes as heavily as she does. She seems to fluctuate between MTL and straight lung hits. She is big on flavor, but not at the expense of convenience and ease-of-use.

Looking forward to hearing your input! :)

Freedom2Vape

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 8, 2015
Texas
The Squape R(s) can be difficult to fill with a dropper bottle too. The Calix byLeo is a great Flavor RTA with juice control and top fill. It is great as a MTL and/or restrictive lung hit. GG Tilemahos V2 is another great flavor RTA with top fill, juice control, and adjustable AF to get MTL or restrictive lung hit.

Count Vapealot

Nov 4, 2015
Thanks for the replies all! One thing I probably should have pointed out is my price range. I really wasn't looking to go beyond 50 US dollars for the tank (I'm already dropping a fair chunk on other stuff). But anyways, here are my thoughts so far...

Kraken v2, Squape R, Calix byLeo, GG Tilemahos V2 = While absolutely gorgeous RBA's, the prices are just too high.

OBS Crius = Pretty awesome. The only thing that pops out as a potential problem is the "top side" fill. I have a feeling it'd be tricky/messy without a plastic dropper bottle (for whatever reason, her preferred juices tend to come with the glass squeezy tube thing).

Uwell Crown = This was the one I was going to go with...but then I saw that you have to buy replacement atomizers? I.E., I can't seem to find a model that allows you to mount your own coils? Are my google skills failing me?

Thanks so much for the input folks!

entropy1049

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Apalachicola, FL, United States
Thanks for the replies all! One thing I probably should have pointed out is my price range. I really wasn't looking to go beyond 50 US dollars for the tank (I'm already dropping a fair chunk on other stuff). But anyways, here are my thoughts so far...

Kraken v2, Squape R, Calix byLeo, GG Tilemahos V2 = While absolutely gorgeous RBA's, the prices are just too high.

OBS Crius = Pretty awesome. The only thing that pops out as a potential problem is the "top side" fill. I have a feeling it'd be tricky/messy without a plastic dropper bottle (for whatever reason, her preferred juices tend to come with the glass squeezy tube thing).

Uwell Crown = This was the one I was going to go with...but then I saw that you have to buy replacement atomizers? I.E., I can't seem to find a model that allows you to mount your own coils? Are my google skills failing me?

Thanks so much for the input folks!

This will help. Rebuildable coil head sold separately :)

Crown RBA Kit by UWELL

Reactions: Freedom2Vape

sig-cmt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2015
HoustΩn, TX
The Indulgence MuTank is one of the more anticipated sub-ohm tanks right now. A bottom airflow, four-post RBA which can run in true single coil mode with the included silicone port plug. The MuTank appears to be, by all accounts, the sub-ohm tank to own this holiday season. My only reservation is its recommended 150W ceiling = o-rings and seals may not be able to handle the heat load from super sub-ohm builds. O-rings can always be replaced with Kalrez/Simriz equivalents, but the custom seals are another matter. Unless StattQalm or SvoëMesto release something along these lines within the next couple of months, I am in for a MuTank myself.

Last edited:

Tommy-Chi

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
    I'm looking to buy a new vape for my girlfriend for Christmas. This question is specifically about the RBA though. What RBA would you recommend, given the below details?

Mandatory Requirements:
    It must be RDTA or RTA (due to work and so forth, she doesn't have the luxury of dripping whenever she needs to).
    It must be very user friendly in terms of cleaning and replacing the coil and wick (not the making of the coil and wick mind you, just the actual opening up, cleaning, replacing, etc.).
    It must be suitable for someone who vapes almost constantly.

Non-Mandatory Requirements:
    Would strongly prefer a top-fill model, if only because it's convenient and easy.

Christmas Target: My girlfriend, 30 years old, very heavy smoker and now a very heavy vaper. She started vaping about 9 months ago and has progressed up from a starter pen/cig vape to an Eleaf 30W. It's not bad, but she puts it through hell and it just wasn't made for someone who vapes as heavily as she does. She seems to fluctuate between MTL and straight lung hits. She is big on flavor, but not at the expense of convenience and ease-of-use.

Looking forward to hearing your input! :)

I would strongly recommend an Aspire Triton tank, and a 488 Ferrari. She will never forget the tank! I promise. :lol:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread