Status
Not open for further replies.

Vchick

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2010
NE Ohio
I don't have one in particular, but all that involve my moms finicky way of hanging tinsel on the tree....

one... painstakingly... strand.. at a time

I remember one year grabbing a handful and lobbing it onto the tree.....whee the guts I had :facepalm:

with lightning fast speed (you'd of thought she was a cheetah or something) she managed to grab it mid-air and give me that look
you know the one with one eyebrow lifted in disgust...

I now have that same eyebrow...permanently arched higher than the other and it makes it damn near impossible to get the other drawn on symmetrically

My mom has been gone since 12/23/98...I miss you terribly and may you always have lots of sunshine & roses...

Barbii

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2013
Gulfport, Florida, United States
Hi Dawn thank you for the contest for Christmas, here is my story, I hold it very close to my heart.

My best Christmas was not too long ago. My husband was in a very bad motorcycle accident Nov. 9 2011 that first night when they brought me, my parents and our daughter into a private ER waiting room I knew it wasn't going to be good but I never imagined they were going to tell me "he likely wont make the night if you want to go see him and say goodbye please come with me". Well of course I didn't say goodbye, instead I went back and told him he needed to fight because we weren't done yet we had lots more thing to see and do together...it was very bad though, broken C-1, traumatic brain injury (no helmet) and his face was totally crushed among many other things. He was on life support for 3 weeks and then in a drug induced coma for about 2 1/2 more. On Dec 18 he "woke up" but still wasn't able to communicate from the brain injury and he had a trach but he was still here with us when they all said he wouldn't be. So instead of decorating our home for Christmas (why would I, I was never there I spent all my time with him at the hosp) our daughter and I decorated his room, Christmas lights all around the window, decorations on the walls but the Christmas Tree was the best part...it was very small about 1 ft high, it had lights and played music...really loud music, It was so beautiful all lit up in his room, the Christmas music from the tree playing. It was enough to get his attention for the first time since the accident. Randy wrote on a piece of paper that night (that I still have up on my refrigerator) I luv you both. It was all up hill from there and he was finally sent home Jan. 5th 2012. Its been a bit over 2 years now and hes almost fully recovered and our tree this year, its the same tree we had in the hospital, it actually stays up all year to remind both of us how precious life really is. I was never a big Christmas fan it always seemed so commercialized but now...well its my favorite Holiday. Enjoy our little Tree as much as we do. Merry Christmas to everyone.

20131221_215516_LLS.jpg

Last edited:

abower911

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2013
Oklahoma
My best Christmas, at least since I have been married would be this one. We managed to get my wifes sister and niece down from Washington State that she has not seen in over 10 years. On top of that we have gotten almost our entire family up and into one house, which is a rare occurrence by itself. And it is my birthday on Monday, soo it is a birthday/Christmas gift. :) And the wife is happy happy happy so that is of course always good also. ;)

DocTonyNYC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2013
San Juan, Puerto Rico (and NYC)
Probably the most memorable Christmas that I ever had was in 1988. I was a sophomore in college, and I was spending the year studying abroad (living in Florence).

For Christmas, several of us took a train to Interlaken, Switzerland. We all stayed at a youth hostel in this idyllic little mountain town in the Swiss Alps. On Christmas Eve, the hostel showed The Sound of Music, and it was a complete blast spending time with 20-somethings from around the world drinking beer and singing along with the movie. . . I'll never forget it.

A photo of Interlaken.. .

boedeli2012_063.jpg

skydragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2009
Mountain Cave
I remember when I was young my Grandfather got me a guitar for Christmas. I had so wanted one and I was ecstatic. But then my brother and sister decided they should also get to play it so in order to keep the peace, it was then made into a present for all of us. Frankly that sucked and I don't even remember what happened to it.

skydragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2009
Mountain Cave
My Best Christmas was the year I got accused of being Santa Claus :laugh: yep, me a monkey was Santa Claus :laugh:

A friend I worked with had just moved into a new home they got on a deal. It took all their money but they just had a 'surprise' baby (a 3rd,an unexpected boy). They weren't going to be able to have a Christmas in their first year in their new home. I was able at the time to go shopping and I bought Christmas gifts for the whole family secretly. I drove to their house rite before Christmas and had unloaded the car of gifts into their master bedroom closet without the kids seeing me :D The parents cried, I told them to Sshhhhhhh so the kids wouldn't hear us :laugh: That Christmas morning Santa had visited them. Smiles Abound All Over the House ! When I went to visit Christmas day, the kids were having a ball with all their gifts. Then the oldest son cornered me and whispered in my ear..."I know you were Santa Claus this year. It had to be you, My mommy and Daddy had no money to buy us gifts. I want to Thank You "Santa", he said with a kiss to my cheek, Don't tell my little sister. It'll be OUR secret forever."

Of course I denied it as I didn't even have ANY gray hair at the time :lol::lol:

Now that is what Christmas is supposed to be about. Good for you AG.

36tinybells

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 30, 2011
Right Over Here
Not an entry,
Dawn, just thanks. You are a lovely person and I want to thank you for being you. You have given me presents/prizes in the past and though I don't stop by ECF so often now, I think of your kindness often and appreciate what you do/give and wanted to let you know how much it touches me. I mix all of my own mellow juices now, with very little flavorings and I learned a lot from your words- and your flavors. I have not smoked a cig since May of 2012. My health and life and finances are way better. Thank you, sincerely. Keep on gifting what you can with these prizes and contests- you are making us healthier and happier and I hope you have a very Merry Christmas and awesome 2014! Hugs!

liblue1

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I think my best Christmas ever was just a few years ago....I was at school most of the day taking finals & when I returned home it was dark in the house... When I unlocked the door the lights came on & there was the decorated tree with a mini village all set up and outside the back door was a beautiful snowman all lit up with decorations. It was the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. Just that someone worked so hard all day to make it beautiful for me made it the best Christmas ever.....

kritter

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2011
western north carolina
Well I wuz a young whippersnapper, I had wimmens kissin me an tellin me how handsum I wuz, even brought me a bottle of mah favorite stuff an all tha purdy lites! I had jest been borned in tha hospital! Thawt I mite like it HERE, so I stayed round!

yepper, fergot ta thank Dawn an all she's done fer everbody an these here contests too! When ya git old, ya lucky ta member whur ya false .....

Last edited:

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
The Best Christmas I ever had actually started Christmas Eve and lasted all Christmas Day long when I and the person I would spend the rest of "My" life with made a personal comitment to each other (that was in 1982) . . . :D

Well - Boy was I wrong :facepalm:, it only lasted about 3 years :( , but it still was the best Christmas I had while it lasted . . . ;)

Now - Before Everyone gets so busy with Real Life and all that is happening in Your Personal Lives . . .

No Matter What "You" Celebrate - I wanted to Wish YOU ALL . . .

christmas04.gif

ALSO - A Joyest and Prosperous . . .

animated-happy-new-year-banner.gif

skydragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2009
Mountain Cave
Omg thanky ou all sooo sooo very much

i love doing what i do... As i have sat here with my mom and i am crying...... Your stories touch our hearts..

And you all thanking me sends me to tears also because i hope we do help...

With love diyflavorshack
dawn santina and mom

Never doubt that Dawn.

aceswired

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Minnesota
Really good reading this thread. Doesn't even matter who wins, just reading things here should make anyone feel better. That said, here's mine.

A little more than two years ago, my wife gave birth to twins. They were almost two months premature, so we knew we had a long hospital stay in front of us. We spent the month of November basically living in the neonatal intensive care. For those who haven't experienced premature babies, I'll tell you the first problem. They really need to spend their time in the incubator. Everything you think you know about babies is wrong. Being held is actually very stressful to them, and it was almost two weeks before I held my daughter, who was the more ill of the two. You're not supposed to stroke them. Basically, what's best for them is conditions that mimic the womb.

Still, we made steady progress throughout November into December. They were breathing unassisted. Soon, the feeding tubes came out and we could hold them without being attached to any medical devices. ;) My wife and I basically took shifts. She would go early in the morning and stay through late afternoon. I'd work in the morning, go to the hospital after lunch, and usually stay until 10 or 11 at night.

We really hoped to have them both home by Christmas, although one of them was having a hard time getting the hang of feeding, and our release kept getting pushed back and pushed back. For a time, we were resigned to it not happening. But ... long story short, we did finally get out of there, 40+ days after they were born, and had two lovely, albeit demanding, presents under the tree. Come to think about it, I don't remember a lot about that day (lack of sleep does that to you), but I do remember two babies in oversized santa hats under the tree.

Anyway, now they're two and Christmas promises to be a lot more fun. The whole Santa thing is still a bit of a puzzle to them, but I have a feeling they'll have it all worked out by tomorrow morning.

Ding

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
Molon Labe
Maybe over the top a little and so I'll make it short.It was in dec of 1969 and we were on a mission to retrieve a downed pilot in a place where we had no chance of getting in,it was a volunteer mission.He was injured and we were asked if we would go cause no choppers could get to him,had lost two tryin and the crews.

Everyone,with not a word said,nodded our heads yes.We got to him in three days,patched him up to travel and packed him out,took four and a half days.He was able to get back stateside the day before christmas to his family we heard later, on christmas day.That was the best christmas I ever had knowing he was home safe with his family.

Sometimes I forget my manners.Thank you

Last edited:

morri

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2012
Texas
((((((((Dawn))))))))) Precious precious person. Hugs to you and Santina and Mom. Every day I come in here and read the stories and every day, I cry. It has meant a lot to me, just to read all these bits and pieces and memories of my friend's lives. So many beautiful and precious stories........

I love them all.

And we love you and you do so much to help all of us and all of our community. Of that, there is no doubt.

Happy Christmas, dear friend.

much love,
morri

Omg thanky ou all sooo sooo very much

i love doing what i do... As i have sat here with my mom and i am crying...... Your stories touch our hearts..

And you all thanking me sends me to tears also because i hope we do help...

With love diyflavorshack
dawn santina and mom

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
NAE . . .

Just wanted to stop by and say to "Dawnmarie" and Everyone here . . .

What a Bright Sunny Clear Crisp Warm Day Here to Celebrate a Holiday with Friends & Family . . .

JMH1l25.gif

AND - Although it has been said many times already and in varied ways . . . ;)

Once, Again to One & ALL . . .

5ebVmNw.gif

May the Day For "YOU" & "Yours" be Filled with nothing but . . .

"PEACE" ~ "JOY" ~ "HAPPINESS"

5f6af-christmas_animated_gifs_05.gif

dawnmarie

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Las Vegas Nevada
www.diyflavorshack.com
HI Guys

well im late.. os orry xmas season has been so busy.. BUT i would like to thank you all for taking a minute and writing these stories as i read them and cryyyyyyyyyyyyy omg happiness ... happy tears touching tears....

love you alllll

the grand prize winner is

POST 15
RANDOMLY PICKED..

i could never pick one in particular as you all had such touching stories..

please email for code....
dawnsflavors@gmail.com

and share our forum with your friends that would be a great present for me
also like my face book page please

love and hugss dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread