Clone: Private 2 (Grand Vapor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

moxiot

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2013
nyc
if anyone wants more pics of anything specific let me know, I can take some more (although my "real" camera isn't much better than my iphone :oops:)

me! me!

can you take a pic of the private in its smallest form factor. i got a 18500 and if you happen to have any lying around i'd love to see how it looks with it on.

thanks

Last edited:

the4thpower3

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2010
Northern Virginia
me! me!

can you take a pic of the private in its smallest form factor. i got a 18500 and if you happen to have any lying around i'd love to see how it looks with it on.

thanks

Here you go :)
Private V2 18500 button top.
Next to M16 in 18350 button top and sigelei 19 in 18350 button top.
SDC11124.jpg

I'm actually glad you asked because I haven't tried it in 18500 mode. It looks nice - But there's a BUT.
The battery vent holes are covered up. So it seems to me that the Private V2 should only be used in 18650...

It's little buddy - the M16 in 18350 - see how it doesn't close all the way? There's a vent hole in the middle. That's with a button top Efest 18350 - that gap/hole will get closed/covered up with an 18350 flat top.

Lando80

ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2013
Louisville KY
All brass m16 for $16 on fast tech now. I thought the preorder at vapor tek (aluminum/brass m16 for 22 bucks) was a great deal. This clone game is moving stupid quick. Makes me scared for the original boutique builders. What if they say to hell with it and quit innovating? There will be nothing left to clone and we know what happens when sigelei tries to r and d their own designs

the4thpower3

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2010
Northern Virginia
All brass m16 for $16 on fast tech now. I thought the preorder at vapor tek (aluminum/brass m16 for 22 bucks) was a great deal. This clone game is moving stupid quick. Makes me scared for the original boutique builders. What if they say to hell with it and quit innovating? There will be nothing left to clone and we know what happens when sigelei tries to r and d their own designs����

I don't see an M16, much less a brass M16 clone on Fast Tech - do you have a link?

the4thpower3

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2010
Northern Virginia

RawnGermy

Verified Member
Jul 2, 2013
I'm in your head

the4thpower3

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2010
Northern Virginia

Randy49ers

Moved On
Jul 28, 2013
Honolulu,HI
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

Randy49ers

Moved On
Jul 28, 2013
Honolulu,HI
  • Deleted by retired1

Lavaca5

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
anyone have a pick of the new flat top KTS? I keep hearing its chrome plated SS or chrome over brass? Is the chrome built tough, or will it wind up rubbing off after a month of continuous use? Ive never owned a chromed mod or accessory before because I've always been afraid of the chroming rubbing or chipping off. Or I've been worried the chrome would look tacky. Does the chrome or "gold" look tacky or fake?

Here ya go:

KTS Flattop.jpg

I've had it for a month or so, and it's my favorite, so it's in my hand all the time. It's hard to see the color in that picture, but it still looks good - I haven't noticed the gold color looking thin anywhere or brass showing through the silver chrome. I would actually buy another one of these before I bought another solid brass. With a solid brass mod, you either have to really like the "patina" coloring or you have to really like polishing brass cuz it won't stay shiny but a minute.

psycho bishop

Verified Member
Aug 4, 2013
Wichita, KS.
Alrighty thinking about ordering the Private from Fasttech but i have a couple concerns that maybe you guys can help me with..... Yes the top is alum. so therefor the threads are bad.... Would a Stainless steel air flow controller put on here take care of that as in not having to remove it etc. (where would i go about getting one) Also There is a lil debate if it actually can go down to 18350 mode.... The pics on FT the mid section looks awful long to go down to it, yet some people are saying on FT discussion about it that it actually does go down to 18350 can anyone verify this for me???? yeah its only $12 (But still don't wanna throw away $12)

Or should I just skip it all together?

I REALLY REALLY like the look of the private with trident combo but am afraid to get it cause of the horror stories of the threads :( wish i had the dispensable cash for a real one heh!!!

Thanks in advance for any help!

$12.71 Private V2 Telescoping Mech Mod E-Cigarette Battery Compartment at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

(call me dumb if you like but i have to have stuff that is visually pleasing and afraid that the I wont be able to put a IGO-l or something on the new M16 brass mod cause i don't think it will look that great.... correct me if Im wrong still pretty new to all this stuff)

henbone11

Verified Member
Feb 4, 2011
Indy
The m16 from vaportekusa is solid, but the 510 threading is very soft. I can only imagine that in time this will strip and there isn't much you can do about it. I try to be very careful when removing/adding anything to it and I can already tell that it has loosened. I really like the mod as a whole, but am glad that I have ordered something more solid and made of stainless steel. I don't imagine this will last very long. I have also found that the button backing itself out is pretty problematic as well. I find myself taking the switch off and tightening it back up at least two or three times a day. Aside from these issues, really not bad for a ~$20 mod.

BTW, this pic is from the fasttech PV2. http://fasttechcdn.com/products/142/1423000/1423000-4.jpg
That is what the button on the m16 starts looking like. I do not think that is correct, and if your button starts looking like that, be prepared for it to just come out and the spring to go flying. If you see that, take the button housing off and tighten it back down. I think the button should be mostly recessed when the lock is off with just a bit protruding. If you can see the entire button, and extra space behind it, it's too loose. At least this is my experience with it.

Last edited:

RawnGermy

Verified Member
Jul 2, 2013
I'm in your head
Alrighty thinking about ordering the Private from Fasttech but i have a couple concerns that maybe you guys can help me with..... Yes the top is alum. so therefor the threads are bad.... Would a Stainless steel air flow controller put on here take care of that as in not having to remove it etc. (where would i go about getting one) Also There is a lil debate if it actually can go down to 18350 mode.... The pics on FT the mid section looks awful long to go down to it, yet some people are saying on FT discussion about it that it actually does go down to 18350 can anyone verify this for me???? yeah its only $12 (But still don't wanna throw away $12)

Or should I just skip it all together?

I REALLY REALLY like the look of the private with trident combo but am afraid to get it cause of the horror stories of the threads :( wish i had the dispensable cash for a real one heh!!!

Thanks in advance for any help!

$12.71 Private V2 Telescoping Mech Mod E-Cigarette Battery Compartment at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

(call me dumb if you like but i have to have stuff that is visually pleasing and afraid that the I wont be able to put a IGO-l or something on the new M16 brass mod cause i don't think it will look that great.... correct me if Im wrong still pretty new to all this stuff)
I would go with the brass models the 510 connector is good. I'm sure the connectors on the v3, m16, and p2 would be interchangeable(dont see why not)...if anything just swap out that part.
In 18350 mode just adjust the throw a little bit longer..there is a little rattle but yes it makes contact
I don't have prob with not being matchy matchy as long as it fires haha performance over appearance

The m16 from vaportekusa is solid, but the 510 threading is very soft. I can only imagine that in time this will strip and there isn't much you can do about it. I try to be very careful when removing/adding anything to it and I can already tell that it has loosened. I really like the mod as a whole, but am glad that I have ordered something more solid and made of stainless steel. I don't imagine this will last very long. I have also found that the button backing itself out is pretty problematic as well. I find myself taking the switch off and tightening it back up at least two or three times a day. Aside from these issues, really not bad for a ~$20 mod.

BTW, this pic is from the fasttech PV2. http://fasttechcdn.com/products/142/1423000/1423000-4.jpg
That is what the button on the m16 starts looking like. I do not think that is correct, and if your button starts looking like that, be prepared for it to just come out and the spring to go flying. If you see that, take the button housing off and tighten it back down. I think the button should be mostly recessed when the lock is off with just a bit protruding. If you can see the entire button, and extra space behind it, it's too loose. At least this is my experience with it.
I might loctite mine

Last edited:

Randy49ers

Moved On
Jul 28, 2013
Honolulu,HI
  • Deleted by retired1

RawnGermy

Verified Member
Jul 2, 2013
I'm in your head

volume control

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2012
Mass
My Vaportek one came with a little carrying pouch so it doesnt get scratched up easily. I really like the look of this mod. Ive been playing with clones and considering a REAL mech, and i might go with the private since i like the clone so much. My main issue here is one of the reasons i like it so much is how lightweight it is =(

WP_000595.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread