Complete newbie with a few questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jasmine4567

Jun 7, 2017
OK, Im totally new to vaping, though been a smoker for many years, smoke mid strength cigarettes.

I bought a vape starter kit from the US (Im not in the US) with tobacco 12 mg e liquid. I have no vaping shops anywhere near me to go in and have a chat/purchase and dont really know anyone to ask.
My questions are;
1. It tastes awful, I mean really yuck. Not nice at all. Yes I can taste the nicotine. Would this just be the brand of e liquid I bought? It also kills my throat. I believe the e liquid is PG.
2. The vaporisor crackles/gurgles when I inhale, is this meant to do this?
3. I seem to have a strange residue feeling in my mouth after using the vaporisor. Im only inhaling 3 to 4 times at any given time. Ive probably only used the vaporisor 5 times since it arrived 2 days ago.
Thank you for any advice.

Reactions: Zutankhamun

ShannonA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 15, 2011
Tyler, Tx
1. E-Liquid is trial and error, you might like what I hate and vice versa. It's best to order some small bottles of different flavors at least in the beginning.

2. Depending on the pv and how hard you hit on it yes that can be pretty normal.

3. I hope someone more knowledgeable than me comes behind me on this one.

I've never noticed a residue feeling. You're not itching or swelling or anything? If something like that happens discontinue use right away.

Also in case you are not already aware if you start to feel nautious or get a head rush lay off. You can get nicotine sickness if you over do it.

Last edited:

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
Hi @Jasmine4567
I'm not very knowledgeable but I've been here a while so here goes...

Do you think you could let us know the exact setup your using? The mod (battery bit), the atty, the coil that your using inside the atty, the exact juice (maybe a pic?) and the ratio of pg/vg

If you can give all of those I'll/we'll do my/our best to help ;)

Oh yeah, welcome :toast:

Last edited:

Jasmine4567

Jun 7, 2017
Hi @Jasmine4567
I'm not very knowledgeable but I've been here a while so here goes...

Do you think you could let us know the exact setup your using? The mod (battery bit), the atty (where all the magic happens and you put your lips round), the coil that your using inside the atty, the exact juice (maybe a pic?) and the strength of the nicotine inside the juice and the ratio of pg/vg

If you can give all of those I'll/we'll do my/our best to help ;)

Oh yeah, welcome :toast:
Am I allowed to mention brands and links to what I purchased?

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
    Am I allowed to mention brands and links to what I purchased?
    You may not have made enough posts here yet for a link to be included in your posts, but simply mentioning a brand name is not a problem. Unless you're an unregistered supplier just trying to sell something, which I doubt is the case here.

Welcome to ECF. I'm positive that you will get all the help you need here.

Jasmine4567

Jun 7, 2017
    OK, before I post, just want to make clear Im not complaining about the products or the supplier. The products look great and arrived very quickly in the mail Its more than likely me not having a clue.

I bought this starter kit, after reading an intro to vaping article that suggested this was good for a total beginner;
    Tracer Starter Kit (Version 2)
    And this bottle of liquid, on the website, now I have no idea if its PG or VG, but my order states "
    1 x Tribeca E-Liquid - 12 mg/ml US30-TRIB-PG12-01"
    Tribeca E-liquid

Feeling so overwhelmed.

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
    I haven't looked up the juice you have, but it may have a 50/50 PG/VG ratio. It is extremely possible to have a different ratio. Look closely at the box or the label on the bottle itself, it most probably has the ratio printed somewhere. This 'residue feeling' in your mouth after a toke could well be, and probably is, indicative of too high a VG balance in the juice, although it could be due also to the flavor itself.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Jasmine4567

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    OK, before I post, just want to make clear Im not complaining about the products or the supplier. The products look great and arrived very quickly in the mail Its more than likely me not having a clue.

I bought this starter kit, after reading an intro to vaping article that suggested this was good for a total beginner;
    Tracer Starter Kit (Version 2)
    And this bottle of liquid, on the website, now I have no idea if its PG or VG, but my order states "
    1 x Tribeca E-Liquid - 12 mg/ml US30-TRIB-PG12-01"
    Tribeca E-liquid

Feeling so overwhelmed.
    Welcome to ecf. The kit from Halo is a good sub ohm mod. But it could be a bit much for a beginner.
    They are know for their tobacco ejuice and lots of people like them, but be aware that you will never find a tobacco flavor that comes close to a real cigarette.

You can cut down on the harshness if you can locate and purchase some vegetable glycerin(vg). Just make sure its says USP on the bottle at at very least food grade. You can add a mil to cut down the flavor(and shake the bottle like crazy to mix) but that will lower the nicotine a little. If that is ok with you it may help to make it more smooth.

:)

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 26, 2012
    Texas
    The tribeca comes in either 50/50 or 30/70 Pg/Vg ratio.
    The strange residue feeling leads me to think you got the 30pg 70vg.
    12 mg/ml nic is going to be harsh using sub ohm resistance & non adjustable power out put power device.

Did you prime the head before using? / thoroughly saturate the wicking material.
    The horrible taste most likley comes from burnt wicking material in the head.

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 22, 2015
    Rapture
    Right ok.

It would seem as if your setup is focused around dl (direct lung) vaping.
    That means you breathe straight into your lungs as opposed to mtl (mouth-to-lung) vaping, the way you smoke a cigarette, into your mouth first, then inhale to your lungs.

I found this;
    Halo Tracer SubOhm Mod Kit Delivers Big Vapor Big Value

Have a little read and it explains what is going on with your vape.

Jasmine4567

Jun 7, 2017
    Welcome to ecf. The kit from Halo is a good sub ohm mod. But it could be a bit much for a beginner.
    They are know for their tobacco ejuice and lots of people like them, but be aware that you will never find a tobacco flavor that comes close to a real cigarette.

You can cut down on the harshness if you can locate and purchase some vegetable glycerin(vg). Just make sure its says USP on the bottle at at very least food grade. You can add a mil to cut down the flavor(and shake the bottle like crazy to mix) but that will lower the nicotine a little. If that is ok with you it may help to make it more smooth.

Thank you so much, Ill go into the supermarket or pharmacy now (I want to use this vaporiser!), do I add one ml to the whole bottle of liquid or to the canister (cant think of the name sorry) on the vaporisor where I added the e liquid?

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    Thank you so much, Ill go into the supermarket or pharmacy now (I want to use this vaporiser!), do I add one ml to the whole bottle of liquid or to the canister (cant think of the name sorry) on the vaporisor where I added the e liquid?
    I would try 1 mil for the whole bottle. Do you remember the name of the juice you ordered? They give very little information on their website.
    The pharmacy would be a good place to look for vg.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread