Status
Not open for further replies.

Dconnor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2013
Las Vegas
So I just ordered an Origen clone (looks like a V1) to bf...

1st, I like a challenge and 2, I've always liked vertical coils.

even though I do have a plan of attack...we'll see how badly I fail :facepalm:

I just did my first vertical coil for my Reo. It is on a YK1 from fastech. Used 28ga and eight wraps on an infinity coil. Used 2mm Ready x wick. So far I like it a lot. Much like you I have fiddle-itis :)
detugyba.jpg
bana8uzu.jpg

jwat82

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
The Land of Lincoln
Why didn't he call it a Norbert? Origin is a boring name Norbert sounds like a quirky OCD fellow that would make meticulously engineered atomizers. If I were king this atty would be referred to as simply The Norbert". But alas......

Are ye not king of thine own castle?

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk

rhean

ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2013
Madison, Wisconsin
Why didn't he call it a Norbert? Origin is a boring name Norbert sounds like a quirky OCD fellow that would make meticulously engineered atomizers. If I were king this atty would be referred to as simply The Norbert". But alas......

Origen is the name of an early church father who castrated himself. He may have been odd, possibly a tad fanatical, but boring he was not.

I love the clone dripper, btw, but the sleeve on mine comes off too easily :(

Last edited:

jwat82

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
The Land of Lincoln
I got bored awaiting my dremel and did my Omega with a power drill. A pain in the ...., but it works! I almost immediately went back to the rm2 because I never really liked the vape of the omega anyway, but just knowing it worked motivated me!

Thanks for the guidance all!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
Clarksburg, Maryland, United States
I got bored awaiting my dremel and did my Omega with a power drill. A pain in the ...., but it works! I almost immediately went back to the rm2 because I never really liked the vape of the omega anyway, but just knowing it worked motivated me!

Thanks for the guidance all!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

What exactly did you do to your Origen when you "did" it. Bottom feed kit is available..

Quigsworth

Just some guy...
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2011
The Republic of Cascadia
So I decided to stay out of the shop on this one and take it down old school...kitchen table, dremal with a cut off wheel, "C" clamp...just to give some peeps on the edge as to whether they can bf an Origen (or almost any RDA for that matter) some confidence.

unnamed.jpg

I started by taking it all apart then pressing out the center pin with the "C" clamp, I then grooved the 2 kidney shaped wells to the center, then grooved the pin up to the thread line (I did both sides but it's probably not necessary)...give the pin a soak in some peroxide and vinegar then press it back in and put it all back together works great...if you have a dremal, 10 mins work maybe?

Vapeaholic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2014
NE Texas
So I decided to stay out of the shop on this one and take it down old school...kitchen table, dremal with a cut off wheel, "C" clamp...just to give some peeps on the edge as to whether they can bf an Origen (or almost any RDA for that matter) some confidence.

View attachment 334165

I started by taking it all apart then pressing out the center pin with the "C" clamp, I then grooved the 2 kidney shaped wells to the center, then grooved the pin up to the thread line (I did both sides but it's probably not necessary)...give the pin a soak in some peroxide and vinegar then press it back in and put it all back together works great...if you have a dremal, 10 mins work maybe?

That's pretty much what I did with the Omega. I left the screw in the center post at first to protect the top of the post and rested a small piece of hardwood on top of the screw head and tapped it down with a hammer. I removed the screw when it was down close to the deck and used an Allen wrench about the same size as the post to tap it the rest of the way through. Grooved one side of the pin with a Dremel, cleaned it up and pushed it back in. Entire operation was about 15 minutes.

Quigsworth

Just some guy...
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2011
The Republic of Cascadia
...and tapped it down with a hammer...

Hammer works to...hope I didn't come across all "leet" with my high tech "c" clamp...

I'm changing the front pads on the pick-up this weekend...it was handy and I thought the floor jack was over kill. :laugh:

Reactions: thetrucker

Vapeaholic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2014
NE Texas
Hammer works to...hope I didn't come across all "leet" with my high tech "c" clamp...

I'm changing the front pads on the pick-up this weekend...it was handy and I thought the floor jack was over kill. :laugh:
You got one o them hi tek c-clamps? Down here in Texas we use a hevy buket an a rope tu hold things down with:blink:

Vapeaholic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2014
NE Texas

View attachment 334165

Actually you had to groove both sides since you had two separate reservoirs, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread