Coppervape BF Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

VladK16

ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2013
Toledo, OH USA
Wow, all those rda's and you still can't get a decent vape , thats weird. When i started using it i got a very weak vape myself but figured out that the topper that comes with it is an awful single coil atty .

I also made a big mistake of using a higher OHM coil than most do . I believe it was around 1.1 ohm's and still no good at all .

Finally i said i will add another coil to it and try it with duals, while at it i also dropped down to around .6 ohm and BINGO .

The beast came to life immediately and almost knocked my socks off , dang man that was awesome.

Yeah I finally threw on the Velocity Mini that tops my Dripbox60 in desperation and it is much better..that one runs around .24 ohm with dual 6 wraps of 26g SS. Performance is similar to the DB. Was hoping to get some better performance with some higher ohm builds. Obviously a lot of playing around to do yet.

Reactions: herb

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I've got one and it won't fire. Any ideas? I tried raising the 510 with the washer. It gave me a 1mm gap between rda and mod and still didn't fire. Got two freshly charged batteries. That 510 is deep.

Did you figure out what was the Problem?

TheWestPole

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015
Los Angeles
Pico Squeeze came in yesterday. Working just fine. Only flaw with the manufacturing on my particular unit is the 510 threading, which is sloppy and rough though functional. Will probably keep the Origen Little paired with it and spare those threads a lot of atty changes. For $18, I'm not complaining. Besides that, a couple of notes:

-The bottle is not interchangeable with Dripbox. Same style, which I like, but shorter with softer plastic. Mod only does not come with a spare bottle.
-The white LED above the USB port monitors battery level, but it's too bright and persists after each firing. I will be plugging up that little hole.
-Tiny and light? Um, yeah. Compared here to Dripbox 60 and Coppervape. Same weight as Dripbox; 2 oz. lighter than Coppervape.​

IMAG2132_picmonkeyed.jpg

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Pico Squeeze came in yesterday. Working just fine. Only flaw with the manufacturing on my particular unit is the 510 threading, which is sloppy and rough though functional. Will probably keep the Origen Little paired with it and spare those threads a lot of atty changes. For $18, I'm not complaining. Besides that, a couple of notes:

-The bottle is not interchangeable with Dripbox. Same style, which I like, but shorter with softer plastic. Mod only does not come with a spare bottle.
-The white LED above the USB port monitors battery level, but it's too bright and persists after each firing. I will be plugging up that little hole.
-Tiny and light? Um, yeah. Compared here to Dripbox 60 and Coppervape. Same weight as Dripbox; 2 oz. lighter than Coppervape.​

imag2132_picmonkeyed-jpg.609423

The Pico Looks Great.

But it is a Little Discouraging to hear about the 510 Threads. Would think that be Now, putting Decent SS Threads in something wouldn't be Rocket Science.

I was Hoping that the DripBox Bottle would work in the Pico Squeeze. But had a Hunch that it wouldn't. I'm sure Spare Bottle will surface soon.

What seller did you get you Pico Squeeze from?

Reactions: TheWestPole

TheWestPole

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015
Los Angeles
The Pico Looks Great.

But it is a Little Discouraging to hear about the 510 Threads. Would think that be Now, putting Decent SS Threads in something wouldn't be Rocket Science.

I was Hoping that the DripBox Bottle would work in the Pico Squeeze. But had a Hunch that it wouldn't. I'm sure Spare Bottle will surface soon.

What seller did you get you Pico Squeeze from?

Mine came from Fasttech. The threads could be this unit only. Wouldn't apply that con to the product line. First Eleaf product that's I've had the issue with.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Mine came from Fasttech. The threads could be this unit only. Wouldn't apply that con to the product line. First Eleaf product that's I've had the issue with.

Yeah... I have an iStick 40w TC and a Regular Pico. The 510 Threading on Both are Great.

My Pico Squeeze shipped from FT Yesterday. So I should have it in 10 ~ 12 or so.

TheWestPole

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015
Los Angeles
Not an Eleaf or Joytech fan at all , would choose a CV over any Eleaf or Joytech but thats just my personal opinion.

It's the nature of the beast with full mech mods like Coppervape that you have to tune-up, clean and otherwise maintain all the electrical contact points. Not everybody is inclined or able to do that. We've already seen a few people in this thread who need to troubleshoot theirs but aren't quite sure how to. A wired/MOSFET mod doesn't have those full mech issues and may be better suited to some vapers.

That said, Coppervape is by far the nicer hunk of machined metal and my favorite of those three. :)

Last edited:

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Can anyone suggest some builds on the Narda for the CV? I've only tried single cores, Kanthal 28g 10w,3mmID and a 26g SS 10w, 3mmID and those didn't seem to work very well on it.

A 26ga NiChrome 80 @ .6 Ohms or a 26ga SS @ .35 Ohms coil works Very Well for me in a NarDa.

And I like to Place the Coil so the Coil Bottom is at the same height as the Bottom of the Airflow opening.

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
It's the nature of the beast with full mech mods like Coppervape that you have to tune-up, clean and otherwise maintain all the electrical contact points. Not everybody is inclined or able to do that. We've already seen a few people in this thread who need to troubleshoot theirs but aren't quite sure how to. A wired/MOSFET mod doesn't have those full mech issues and may be better suited to some vapers.

That said, Coppervape is by far the nicer hunk of machined metal and my favorite of those three. :)

I didn't know you were talking about the safety & ease of use factor , in that case i agree 100% .

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
A 26ga NiChrome 80 @ .6 Ohms or a 26ga SS @ .35 Ohms coil works Very Well for me in a NarDa.

And I like to Place the Coil so the Coil Bottom is at the same height as the Bottom of the Airflow opening.

Go with a single that ohm's around .5 or .6 like Zoidman says , it works great . I tried 27 and 28 gauge wire , doesn't work nearly as well as 24 or 26 on this mechanical in my opinion.

TheWestPole

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015
Los Angeles
Can anyone suggest some builds on the Narda for the CV? I've only tried single cores, Kanthal 28g 10w,3mmID and a 26g SS 10w, 3mmID and those didn't seem to work very well on it.

For NarDa I'm using a slightly spaced Kanthal 24g 3mm 6-wrap coil, positioned so the bottom is midway up the air hole. Not sure what you like, but it vapes well for me.

Last edited:

Sickbabies

Verified Member
Aug 15, 2016
New York
I run an 8 or 10wrap (the 8wrap has more oomph which can be a little much with a fresh battery but the 10 wrap is perfect the whole time imo) of 26g 316L (2.5mm ID), Airflow halfway closed

benley73

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2016
Did you figure out what was the Problem?
Its most likely the button an low down 510 pin mine was like that on the 1 version i had. and had play in the button too ,which is why some say they have a problem with it , when you use a v1 an v2 side by side although looks identical there's deffo quite a big difference between them , the v2 fires instantly no buttons wobble very sturdy , compared to 1st version i had , buy the v2 kit an swap it over an hey presto its working fine with no wobble no slight catching an hits perfect each time wonder if was a defective part ?, i didnt know why some complaints about buttons while other where perfect , so there is slight difference between the buttons and also slight play in 2 i bought , v1 an v2 has fixed it ,
Even if everything is screwed tight there is play in v1 since its slightly thinner on the under side neck of button causing a slight wobble idk , So im assuming the ones with a problem is possibly the ones with a V1 button possibly ? , which is fixed via a 2£ purchase of the V2 kit , im glad i ordered two from two different sites or wouldnt of known either but the second one has a lot better button no play at all , So now pretty perfect bit wasnt that big of a deal , but the second one takes a lot more tork to switch it to lock , The first one a gentle flip of one finger turned it , and its as tight as can be screwed without ruining threads , now will i think order a few spares since this is going to be a daily mod for me ,

View attachment 609423

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Its most likely the button an low down 510 pin mine was like that on the v1 version , and had play in the button too ,which is why some say they have a problem with it , when you use a v1 an v2 side by side although looks identical tjeres deffo quite a big difference between them , v2 fires instantly no buttons wobble very sturdy , compared to v1 , buy the v2 kit an swap it over an hey presto its working fine with no wobble no slight catching an hits perfect each time , i didnt know why some complaints about buttons while other where perfect , so there is different buttons an play in v1 an v2 has fixed it ,
Even if everything is screwed tight there is play in v1 since its slightly thinner on the under side neck of button , So im assuming the ones with a problem is a V1 button , which is fixed via a 2£ purchase of the V2 kit , im glad i ordered two from two different sites or wouldnt of known either , now will i think order a few spares since this is going to be a daily mod for me ,

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
Does the V2 button fit on the V1 mod? I have heard that it won't without modification to the button hole.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread