Status
Not open for further replies.

crunchie812

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2014
Key Largo, FL USA
Likewise the mating surfaces of the top & bottom, which are the main conductors, and everything else along the electrical path, for instance the brass flathead screw that closes the circuit. Probably couldn't hurt to put a small drop of conductive goo (e.g. Noalox) down the magnet holes, provided it doesn't goosh out & make a mess elsewhere. I haven't had any such problems with either of my units, which suggests yours is curable.

And yes, it is too nice to give up. :cool:
I had problems with my aluminum CVs not firing when I first got them. Took 'em apart, put 'em back together, tightened 'em up, couldn't figure it out. I'd rap it against the heel of my hand and they'd start firing again. Took me a while to figure out that it was the top and bottom surfaces. I mean, that's a lot of surface area, how could it NOT make good contact? I cleaned them up with alcohol and a nylon scrub pad, and they hit like champs.

One thing to watch out for is filling the bottles: they are a tight fit going back into the base and any juice on the outside of the bottle will scrape off and onto the top surface of the base. This is probably what started the problem in the first place, e-juice not being a good conductor and all.

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
I think the juice bottles fit perfectly, nice and snug , never even had a drip come off mine. I only fill the bottle to 75 % 80% anyway .

Only time i had juice leak of any kind is when i oversquonked once and it came out over the top of the wall of my atty .

This mod when in usage is an amazingly dry vape , i thought juice leakage would be an issue , not a problem at all . Superb functionality.

Reactions: TheWestPole

woodhippy

Master of Know Place
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2014
New Bloomfield MO
Just got mine today. Put my velocity 0.40, off my reo on it. Way more than I need. Built another velocity at .7,
Wish it had a bigger juice hole. It is a little hard to get juice up.
All in all it's a keeper.

Edit to add. I switch out toppers and she sqounks like a dream.

Last edited:

VladK16

ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2013
Toledo, OH USA
Still haven't found a build I like with the Narda yet..thanks for all of the suggestions. Plus I'm really having issues installing any coils in it. Put a single twisted SS 26g 8 wrap 3mm ID measuring around .4 in my No Pity and it's vaping beautifully. Been preferring single coils in the No Pity over the duals lately. Love how the Narda looks on the CV but it's function over form for me. Curious to see how long an HG2 will last with this build.

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    Still haven't found a build I like with the Narda yet..thanks for all of the suggestions. Plus I'm really having issues installing any coils in it. Put a single twisted SS 26g 8 wrap 3mm ID measuring around .4 in my No Pity and it's vaping beautifully. Been preferring single coils in the No Pity over the duals lately. Love how the Narda looks on the CV but it's function over form for me. Curious to see how long an HG2 will last with this build.
    Try this method, next build:
    Angsty's Guide to the NarDA by NarMods

herb

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 21, 2014
    Just got mine today. Put my velocity 0.40, off my reo on it. Way more than I need. Built another velocity at .7,
    Wish it had a bigger juice hole. It is a little hard to get juice up.
    All in all it's a keeper.

Edit to add. I switch out toppers and she sqounks like a dream.

How is the size and feel for you ?

jifjifjif

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 11, 2011
    Vape Canaveral, FL
    I cut a black rubber pad (like the foot from the bottom of a blender or something) into a circle the same size as the fire button of the CV and then superglued it on top. I find it way more comfortable to press as well as lock and unlock the button.

Attachments

• 20161026_191442.jpg
      913.5 KB · Views: 90

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    ... Plus I'm really having issues installing any coils in it. ...

Something that I found that Really Helps is to removed the Negative Post Screw Completely when you go to mount the Coil.

I don't try to Align the Coil all that much. All I do is to is get the Coil Leg secured on the Positive Post.
    Once the coil is secured to the Positive Post, I put the Negative Post Screw 1/2 way back in and pull the Leg around it.
    Clip the Legs, Dry Burn, Strum, ya da ya da ya da, the Coil is Mounted, but it is Low.
    So I take the Smallest Coil Mandrel I have, 2mm, and push it thru the Coil to lift it.
    Then I give it a Slight Diagonal tug so that the Cotton will be on One Side of each screw.

Now I have something that looks like this...

NarDA_10.jpg

... but with a Tad Less of a Diagonal. And a Slightly Higher Coil.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    I cut a black rubber pad (like the foot from the bottom of a blender or something) into a circle the same size as the fire button of the CV and then superglued it on top. I find it way more comfortable to press as well as lock and unlock the button.

That Looks Awesome. Nice DIY Modification.

Reactions: jifjifjif

herb

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 21, 2014

I was considering the super glue method but will at some point just make a hole a hair larger than the diameter of the original button switch and press fit it on . Don't know of it will be exotic wood or something else yet .

The height you have made the button is about the height i would have preferred for the CV to come with , just a little too thin in diameter for me .

herb

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 21, 2014
    Something that I found that Really Helps is to removed the Negative Post Screw Completely when you go to mount the Coil.

I don't try to Align the Coil all that much. All I do is to is get the Coil Leg secured on the Positive Post.
    Once the coil is secured to the Positive Post, I put the Negative Post Screw 1/2 way back in and pull the Leg around it.
    Clip the Legs, Dry Burn, Strum, ya da ya da ya da, the Coil is Mounted, but it is Low.
    So I take the Smallest Coil Mandrel I have, 2mm, and push it thru the Coil to lift it.
    Then I give it a Slight Diagonal tug so that the Cotton will be on One Side of each screw.

Now I have something that looks like this...

NarDA_10.jpg

... but with a Tad Less of a Diagonal. And a Slightly Higher Coil.

What wire is that 26 gauge stainless ? With the coil being higher up you can squonk and the juice will reach that height ?

zoiDman

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    What wire is that 26 gauge stainless ? With the coil being higher up you can squonk and the juice will reach that height ?

Not sure what Wire that is? Looks like SS. I grabbed the photo off the Internet. Mainly just wanted to show the way I wick using Non-Split Tails.

No problems running the Coil Higher. I like to run the Bottom of the Coil at the same level as the Bottom of the Air Channels. Or even a Tad Higher. Just have to have Cotton Tails that can reach the Deck.

Last edited:

jifjifjif

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 11, 2011
    Vape Canaveral, FL
    This rubber pad really makes it easy to lock and unlock the fire button. It is really effortless now.

I'm an index finger presser, by the way. I hold the mod with the squonk hole cutout toward my chest and airhole on the atty is at 1:00 when vaping. It's so much more comfortable now too. It's as comfortable as firing my other LP SL mods from another manufacturer in the northeast.

herb

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 21, 2014
    Not sure what Wire that is? Looks like SS. I grabbed it off the Internet. Mainly just wanted to show the way I wick using Non-Split Tails.

No problems running the Coil Higher. I like to run the Bottom of the Coil at the same level as the Bottom of the Air Channels. Or even a Tad Higher. Just have to have Cotton Tails that can reach the Deck.

I missed the "something that i found" part , thought you took the pic lol.

herb

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 21, 2014
    This rubber pad really makes it easy to lock and unlock the fire button. It is really effortless now.

I'm an index finger presser, by the way. I hold the mod with the squonk hole cutout toward my chest and airhole on the atty is at 1:00 when vaping. It's so much more comfortable now too. It's as comfortable as firing my other LP SL mods from another manufacturer in the northeast.

Yeah that thin button is not the easiest to lock & unlock , excellent point.

herb

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 21, 2014
    As used to a Reo as I am. It's great

There is just something about the solid Aluminum & Brass that i am drawn to , i never had any interest in the other cheaper priced squonkers . I know a lot of people are though.

You got to love how inexpensive they are .

b.m.

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 30, 2014
    Ohio
    There is just something about the solid Aluminum & Brass that i am drawn to , i never had any interest in the other cheaper priced squonkers . I know a lot of people are though.

You got to love how inexpensive they are .
    I have a lot of the cheaper ones,the Smokeless owl,even though it really isn't a good mod haha,it still holds a spot on my sentimental shelf because it was the very first sqounker i ever got,and is the one that got me hooked on bottom feeders,then i got a Kui which is ok,then 2-3 other cheap ones,but none even come close to the Coppervape mods in performance or quality,you just can't beat these mods for the price,and i agree especially the brass,that is the one that first caught my eye and made me want these.

Reactions: herb

herb

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 21, 2014
    I have a lot of the cheaper ones,the Smokeless owl,even though it really isn't a good mod haha,it still holds a spot on my sentimental shelf because it was the very first sqounker i ever got,and is the one that got me hooked on bottom feeders,then i got a Kui which is ok,then 2-3 other cheap ones,but none even come close to the Coppervape mods in performance or quality,you just can't beat these mods for the price,and i agree especially the brass,that is the one that first caught my eye and made me want these.

When people said the brass one was built like a brick sh_ _ house they weren't kidding .

It's an absolute beast , everyone should at least pic up one brass one but as far as practicality and carrying it around , the plain aluminum or black aluminum are much more carry friendly.

b.m.

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 30, 2014
    Ohio
    When people said the brass one was built like a brick sh_ _ house they weren't kidding .

It's an absolute beast , everyone should at least pic up one brass one but as far as practicality and carrying it around , the plain aluminum or black aluminum are much more carry friendly.
    Yeah,when i got mine,i got an aluminum and the brass at the same time.Before i even opened the boxes,there was no question as to which box had the brass one in it haha.My brass is an at home only mod,not really because of the weight,but simply because it's such a nice mod that i don't want to chance losing it,dropping it,or getting it scratched up.On the other hand though,if i ever find myself needing to go into a bad neighborhood,i will definitely be toting that heavy thing with me as a potential self defense weapon haha.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread