Status
Not open for further replies.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
Anyway I'm looking forward to trying this thing because I like the brass look and "feel" of brass.
Going to strip the clearcoat and let it do it's own thing for a few and then seal it again
I agree,nice shiny brass looks good,but a nice aged patina takes it to a whole new level.We have brass knobs on our door,and my wife is always on me to polish it,but it looks so much better after a month or so,so i just keep forgetting to polish it haha.
I haven't gotten around to stripping the clear coat off my brass cv yet,but definitely plan to.

TheWestPole

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015
Los Angeles
I agree,nice shiny brass looks good,but a nice aged patina takes it to a whole new level.We have brass knobs on our door,and my wife is always on me to polish it,but it looks so much better after a month or so,so i just keep forgetting to polish it haha.

In an architectural context (door knobs, handles, hinges, etc.) solid brass is referred to as a "living finish." When I first heard that term I adopted it immediately: "No, dear, we shouldn't polish the brass because it's a living finish and is supposed to be that way."

Worked for me. ;)

For anyone who has Stripped the Clear Coat off their Brass CV, does the Brass leave any Smell on your hand if you Hold the mod for awhile?

Yes, a little. But it's a living finish and is supposed to do that. ;)

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
In an architectural context (door knobs, handles, hinges, etc.) solid brass is referred to as a "living finish." When I first heard that term I adopted it immediately: "No, dear, we shouldn't polish the brass because it's a living finish and is supposed to be that way."

Worked for me. ;)
That's a good one,i'm sure she will be reminding me here soon so i'll have to use that one haha.

Reactions: TheWestPole

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

Worked for me. ;)

I tried using that "Living Surface" reasoning once an Old Ice Chest when I was getting the Gear ready to go camping.

She Didn't Buy it.

LOL

TheWestPole

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015
Los Angeles
Yeah... She wasn't exactly a Seasoned Camper. And kinda had an Aneurism when she looked inside the Coleman Stove.

LOL

Definitely not seasoned. :D Experienced campers know never to look inside the Coleman stove. :eek:;)

Last edited:

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Definitely not seasoned. :D Experienced campers know never to look inside the Coleman stove. :eek:;)

I told her that Every One of those Burnt Beans stains, or Candle Wax drips, or Melted Nylon Rope Globs (at least... I think they are Melted Nylon) had a Story to Tell. And it would be a Sacrilege to remove them.

You just have to Draw a Line some times when it comes to Camping.

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
For anyone who has Stripped the Clear Coat off their Brass CV, does the Brass leave any Smell on your hand if you Hold the Mod for awhile?
The only time my brass CC does that is when I'm extra sweaty, think it's the salt interacting with the brass.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
The only time my brass CC does that is when I'm extra sweaty, think it's the salt interacting with the brass.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

The Reason I asked was I have a Non-Sparking Brass Hammer. No Clue what type of Brass it is? And until I wrapped the Handle in Athletic Tape, it would leave a Funky Smell on my hand after using it.

Not a Strong Odor. Just something I noticed.

Just wondered if Anyone else noticed this?

Reactions: TheWestPole

TheWestPole

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015
Los Angeles
I told her that Every One of those Burnt Beans stains, or Candle Wax drips, or Melted Nylon Rope Globs (at least... I think they are Melted Nylon) had a Story to Tell. And it would be a Sacrilege to remove them.

Amen to that. Have these neat freaks no respect for history? :D

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Amen to that. Have these neat freaks no respect for history? :D

I hear ya.

She was actually a Good Camper. And a Remarkably good shot with a Handgun or a Scoped Rile. She just had a Thing about Food having to be Kept/Prepared in near a sterile setting.

She was also a Great Co-Pilot when in the Car.

TheWestPole

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015
Los Angeles
I hear ya.

She was actually a Good Camper. And a Remarkably good shot with a Handgun or a Scoped Rile. She just had a Thing about Food having to be Kept/Prepared in near a sterile setting.

She was also a Great Co-Pilot when in the Car.

:thumb:

eGoinMD

ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2014
MD
Ok, didn't mean to start a war about who killed who....lol (sorry, monty python reference).

Didn't get the kit, unfortunately. However I now have 2 parts kits coming, from slow tech....

Otherwise, happier than a clam with the Coppervape. I miss it, as my KFL+'s are waaaayyyyyy too tight now. But thankfully they are there as a stopgap.

No Reo for me, at least right now.

BrentMydland

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2014
SE US
I have a REO but this isn't about them,,,,,,,,:vapor:

Honestly, I love reos and they certainly are tanks but I haven't pulled out a REO since I got my first CV. I just love these little CVs and have found I much prefer a front squonk compared to the REO side squonk and it fits much better in the hand IMO no matter which way I squonk or fire. Not a whole lot I would change about the CV just a few minor things. IMO the only decent squonker under 100. At the 22 I paid for them its a steal. I wish more companies would follow suit and put out more reasonably priced bf mods that were actually worth a dang. Its not like it would be that difficult. All the other cheap/mass produced BF mods just have to many negatives for me. If Wismec would have took the Rx, swapped the 510, and put a bottle in the 3rd battery spot a year ago they would have made a killing. The chip isn't great for tc but plenty good enough at the RX200 price point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread