Coughing from vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimson

ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2009
Arizona
vaping makes me cough, smoking does not.

It's not a long term symptom, just when I inhale the vapor, I cough.

Thought it might be due to nic levels and so tried a 0 nic liquid, still coughed.

I'm using a 50-50 mix, so now I need to start experimenting with the mix.

Which is more likely to cause coughing, PG or VG?

Anyone else experience this and were you able to solve it?

jj2

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Hundred Acre Wood
If you're using a three piece model, you're using a cartridge. Inside the thing that looks like an analog filter there is a liquid cart. Take it out. Cut out a small piece out of paper towel (preferable white) the shape of the top of that cart. Get that small piece wet (distilled water) and then put it on top of the filler, put the cart back in the thing that looks like the filter and try it.
This has to be repeated several times.

It helps (sometimes).

If you're using a two piece model this will not work. :(

Robin Macri

ECF Veteran
Sep 20, 2010
Rochester New York
My friend who smokes coughs every time she tries to vape.I think her lungs just cant take it.I have been trying to get her to quit analogs for over a year.The sad part of this is her mother has throat cancer. I think your coughing will go away when you quit the cigs.Good luck, I hope you solve your problem.Vaping saved my life.

NanoVapor

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2009
Western Canada
www.grbc.co
Cheeple, do you speak of the weird "powdery" tickle in the back of your throat and odd slightly cool sensation in the very upper airway followed by no apparent pain or irritation thereafter coughing? When ive gotten this its the result of either too much flavoring % in the mixture (try different vendor or flavor perhaps), or its the result of a bad flavoring choice to begin with (some flavors suck for vaping and are prone to this powdery tickle/cough - dont know how else to describe it).

When coughing is related to nicotine %, the cough feels like a very deep piercing into the lungs, really like a knife and it makes you cough while also rocking your noggin (you usually feel wobbly for a few seconds). This sort of cough can be resolved by lowering the nicotine %, OR, just toughing it out with more conservative puffs as a tolerance will rapidly accumulate to this.

Im unsure of what indicators there are for a PG/VG related cough as ive never encountered coughing or any noticeable feeling whatsoever from even 100% PG or 100% VG or any blend there inbetween. Without nicotine or certain flavors its like inhaling air to me. With no nicotine but excess amounts of flavor, its the powdery dry throat tickle, with too much nicotine its knives to the lungs :)

HzG8rGrl

Trippy Tip Hoarder
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2009
*The Swamp*
www.youtube.com
I coughed in the beginning. It should go away soon. You are introducing something unfamiliar to your lungs and therefor you cough in the beginning. This is how it was explained to me and it seems to have been true for me.
What I did for a while was to take shorter draws and only into my mouth, then inhale slowly. It helped a bit. Seems to be a few that have some great ways to try and alleviate the cough.
Good Luck and persevere.

SloHand

Eh?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 8, 2011
Kingston, Ontario
NanoVapor, Love your descriptions. I have the 'too much flavor' cough by your description. Being Canadian as well you know that supply is iffy. I tried to order from afar to start my own mixing but never got the package. Spending a ton o cash now trying to find a Canadian supplier with a vape I can live with. I'll have to add yours to my list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread