Cuboid tank boiling (some user error involved)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redo

Feb 6, 2016
Hey guys. Wanted to post an experience I had with the cuboid. First, I like the device form factor, features, and performance.

However, I feel that the fire button is too easily depressed for the weight of the mod.

so what happened.... I was using the mod with a cleito .2 coil @70 watts. A phone call came and I put it in my fleece pocket that had a subox mini in it also. After a thirty second phone call, I reached into to my pocket to pull out the mod and there was extremely hot liquid spewing out everywhere. The weight of the mod caused the fire button to depress.

I usually turn off mods before putting in my pocket, so that's definitely my fault. The post is a PSA to remind myself and others to be mindful, especially in high power situations.

Asmo6

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2014
United States
Mechs will melt all the way down. You get lucky when the coil pops from heat stress. When it doesn't. It's not so good. Something that time and fatigue on switches teaches you when you've been doing this for a while. Even magnet switches will shatter when dropped or sometimes pop out of their groove and no longer repel. I switched to mods with internal buttons so I don't have to fool with safety rings and such - because I do set things down a lot as I go about my day. I've boiled 2 and my woman has boiled 3 killed one outright. Full meltdown from setting it down.

It happens.

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
I have the regular Cuboid, not the Mini and carry it in my pants pocket all day at work. I have had a couple of times that I forgot to turn it off, but I usually feel the warmth on my leg or someone comments about how good I smell and I realize that vapor is escaping from my pocket. I try to always lock it or power it off.
I have had zero issues with the way it performs and my brother has one too as his daily vape with no problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread