Not open for further replies.

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
lol,,i dont have an imgur account

i was looking to go from phone straight to forum... may be able to do that without tapatalk now that i think about it. right now my phone is beeping everytime someone posts.. i muted 1,, i guess it doesnt mute all....

i dont do much internet on my phone,, its more a leisure activity on my laptop
I post pics straight from my phone or tablet or laptop just by clicking the square photo image. It opens the picture gallery on whatever device you're on, select your pic & there you go. Easy.

Sent from my LG-V700 using Tapatalk

kross8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2016
stuck in a squishy pod called my brain
I often wonder if you have compared this method to just allowing them to age naturally? Do they taste the same and the aging process is just speeded up? Or is something lost in the process?
:)
i have tried the 'aging'.. and yes over time most juices have a blend quality that is tasty..........i look at it this way.. i use the electric frother on my large batches (milk frother on tiny) and it takes me a month to vape the large batch so 'that month' is when the aging happens. the juicer gets it there much faster.. i figure the dif is like i bypassed 3 weeks of waiting---hope that helps.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
i have tried the 'aging'.. and yes over time most juices have a blend quality that is tasty..........i look at it this way.. i use the electric frother on my large batches (milk frother on tiny) and it takes me a month to vape the large batch so 'that month' is when the aging happens. the juicer gets it there much faster.. i figure the dif is like i bypassed 3 weeks of waiting---hope that helps.
I understand the difference in terms of time. I was asking about in terms of how it tastes?

kross8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2016
I understand the difference in terms of time. I was asking about in terms of how it tastes?
to me it tastes the same as aging,,i used to mix, crockpot and wait. now i just mix and use,,, and my batch sizes naturally create all the 'wait' lol

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Ithink it shortens the steep time. I vape creams & custards & the steeping has to happen for them to get good. Heat & a really good shake work for me. Mine are usually pretty good after 3 days. Better with more time. I tried some new brands this month, so did some experimenting time wise.

kross8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2016
what do you keep in the ss bottles? e-juice? wow... that's a lot of juice.. :D
I make 500mls in the 2 small bottles (600mls in big bottle),, I also have ss whisky flasks of various sizes for travel or storing smaller mixes. (the Walmart in Kemah has them on sale for $1 on the discount row)-- I use a tiny one for all day carry.. 30ml=1oz

dobroeutro

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2016
North Carolina
Well it's tomorrow and just finished giving the 2 concoctions I made a taste. Both turned out pretty well & taste good but I think they need a few more days to come into their own, possibly needing a tweak or two. Here's what I made...

ButterNut Cream:
Butterscotch (FW) 8%
Hazelnut (FW) 4%
Vanilla Custard (CAP) 3%
Vanilla Whipped Cream (CAP) 3%
Bavarian Cream (CAP) 2%
Marshmallow (CAP) 2%
Sweetener (Sucralose) 1%

Coconut ButterCream:
Butterscotch (FW) 8%
Coconut Candy (FA) 2.5%
Coconut (FA) 1.5%
Vanilla Custard (CAP) 3%
Vanilla Whipped Cream (CAP) 3%
Bavarian Cream (CAP) 1.5%
Marshmallow (CAP) 2%
Caramel (CAP) .5%
Sweetener (Sucralose) 1%

I'll update again after a week... :)

Just a quick update of the two mixes I posted a couple of weeks ago. The Butternut Cream is perfect. I've practically vaped all 15ml I made & will make again. The Coconut ButterCream didn't fare as well. Although still very good, the coconut has completely taken over the butterscotch. When I remake it, I will reduce the coconut by 50%, use only Coconut Candy and give it another go. Also I made a mistake :eek: in transcribing the Coconut Candy component. It was DX Coconut Candy (TFA) not (FA). Sorry... :(

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
I tried RF Cherry Pie, I like it! Mine is a bit weak tho so will have to up the %. Best cherry I ever tasted tho for vape :)
How long did you let it steep?I have some that's been going just over a week,but i've put off trying it so far so i don't try it to early and get disappointed haha.

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
How long did you let it steep?I have some that's been going just over a week,but i've put off trying it so far so i don't try it to early and get disappointed haha.
I just mixed it and did a quick hot water bath and vaped it :) I will see how it is later as it ages, I always try juice fresh, then decide how it does as it ages so I know what I like best :)

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
My 12% RF Banana Bread I made on 23Sept is really starting to come around now. I wasn't very fond of it when shake n vaped or earlier in the steep. I will be mixing a bigger batch at 15% next time I do some big batches but I have 4 120ml and 1 220ml batches of other stuff steeping already in addition to the 200+ ml of already steeped juice I am vaping on so it will be a while before I need to mix up some new big batches for steeping.

ckquatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Milledgeville, GA
I've been subbed to this thread since it started. Good stuff here!

I just made a tester of Butter Beer (what self respecting Harry Potter fan wouldn't!). The "drop on the finger" taste test tastes great! We'll see in a week or two how it vapes!

I've been a huge fan of The Vapor Hut's "Java the Hutt" for a while. My local Stormy's is discontinuing it so I thought I'd try my hand at making a similar juice. The profile is rich coffee with milk and PLENTY of sugar! It's fantastic! The only problem is it's so black it kills my coils within an hour!

I've tried several different coffee flavorings even a naturally extracted coffee from fresh ground beans. NOPE! I was trying to find a coffee flavoring that wasn't black as fresh coffee so it would be a little easier on the ole' coils. I think I've found it!

I just made it two days ago granted but the finger taste test is VERY promising and it smells AMAZING!! Here's the recipe if anyone wants to give it a shot and play around with it!

(FA) Dark Bean 2%
(FA) Fresh Cream 3%
(Cap) Sweet Crean 2%
(Cap) Super Sweet 2%

(Just a side note: if you just have regular Sweetner and not SS, use Sweetner at 4%)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread