Status
Not open for further replies.

sonicdsl

Wandering life's highway
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2011
A quick and effective way too speed up the site would be to remove the Facebook integration on the ECF site. I'm always ending up looking on the FB buttons and links loading.. :mad:
Why does everything have to end up on FB!!?

(posting for future reference :) )

Both FF & Chrome have a fix for hiding away the FB/social buttons. Try Ghostery & AdBlock. I've got both, and both together are fantastic for me. :)

BTW, this whole thing w/closing threads and starting new ones is ridiculous, as the size of a thread has no impact on page load. It's a page load, not a thread load, and most IT (programming-type) peeps should know this. My :2c: ...moving on now...

Digimon2k

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2010
Sweet Home Alabama
www.deejstuff.com
Oh, one more thing Deej... you can close that 2A thread right? I noticed you requested no more posts there. Just wonderin...

Nope. I didn't create it, so I can't close it.

I've got a request in to change the link at the end of Part Two to reference this thread, bypassing the stutter.

Digimon2k

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2010
Sweet Home Alabama
www.deejstuff.com
I figured I best re-post the FireKitty Flavor of the Week announcement...

firekitty_sale_week_005a.png

(didja notice I fixed something?)

Poeia

Bird Brain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
NYC
Deej, what I just wrote made me think.

You're allowed two threads, right? If you can set up a thread so that it is "no reply/announcement" (I have no idea if that's possible here), you could make one for sales & bargains announcements.

Include a link in the first thread to this one for discussing said bargains.
Add a link in the first post of this thread to that one so people can check out the latest sale without having to scroll back through several pages.

Down side: If it's not a "no reply" thread you'll just end up with two chatty threads to maintain but if there aren't regular posts it will sink to the bottom of the list of threads. So maybe it's a crummy idea.

Digimon2k

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2010
Sweet Home Alabama
www.deejstuff.com
Deej, what I just wrote made me think.

You're allowed two threads, right? If you can set up a thread so that it is "no reply/announcement" (I have no idea if that's possible here), you could make one for sales & bargains announcements.

Include a link in the first thread to this one for discussing said bargains.
Add a link in the first post of this thread to that one so people can check out the latest sale without having to scroll back through several pages.

Down side: If it's not a "no reply" thread you'll just end up with two chatty threads to maintain but if there aren't regular posts it will sink to the bottom of the list of threads. So maybe it's a crummy idea.

I was just getting ready to post something about being allowed 2 threads when the phone started ringing...

I'd been thinking about starting up a second thread just to pop in the Flavor of the Week and new flavor announcements.

You're correct that it'll sink fairly quickly, though, and that's been the thing that's given me pause.

I still might do it...

FaniFox

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2011
Greece
Today, I am extremely happy!!!
Guess what! Thanks to the infinite kindness and sustained effort of our beloved kitty, I finally received my e-liquids!!!
:rickroll::rickroll::rickroll:
Now, I am a happy camper vaping my RY4 and it is exactly as I thought it will be: AWESOME!!!! AMAZING!!!! YUMMY!!!

Thank you once again DeeJ. You are really one of a kind!! And again, I am sorry that you had to the face the "Greek" bureaucracy that way... I owe you an "Ouzo" and some "mezedes" (Greek Aperitif and appetizers) when you decide to visit Greece :)

Digimon2k

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2010
Sweet Home Alabama
www.deejstuff.com
OMG!!!
DeeJ, the Strawberry Champagne is to die for!!

I am in Heaven!! Really, I am!

:) Strawberry Champagne was my first "professional" flavor release! I'm happy that you like it! (but.. no dying, please!)

I like the idea of a sale only thread! It would make locating the information a whole lot easier for people new to deejstuff, and not on your mailing list - you could link it in your signature to make it easy to find :)

The last time I read the rules, I wasn't permitted to double-link. :/

Actually, the only link I'm permitted in my sig is out to the site (unless the rules changed).

CheekyMonkey

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 29, 2012
Florida
:) Strawberry Champagne was my first "professional" flavor release! I'm happy that you like it! (but.. no dying, please!)

The last time I read the rules, I wasn't permitted to double-link. :/

Actually, the only link I'm permitted in my sig is out to the site (unless the rules changed).

Hmmm.. maybe check with a mod and ask if you can create a sale only thread & link it in your signature with a note specifying that it is FIRE KITTY SALE Information... the worst they can do is say no, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread