FDA Deeming Regulations Now On OMB Dashboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hype

Sep 7, 2011
Toronto
This is the review step before publishing the Final Regs. As organizations and individuals, now is the last opportunity to present our cases to OMB before this is implemented.

http://www.reginfo.gov/public/jsp/EO/eoDashboard.jsp

AGENCY:
HHS-FDA RIN: 0910-AG38 Status: Pending Review
TITLE: "tobacco Products" Subject to the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act, as Amended by the Family Smoking Prevention and tobacco Control Act
STAGE: Final Rule ECONOMICALLY SIGNIFICANT: Yes
** RECEIVED DATE: 10/19/2015

john333

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
Indiana
Sadly, no links to the "final rule" that's actually being reviewed here..
Rossum I was reading your pledge. What about the responsibility of the companies who manufacture the concentrates? I DIY and for all I know my liquids could be full of diketones. Liquid vendors are using a lot of those same concentrates. I am sure they don't know anymore than I do unless they have their product tested. So shouldn't the concentrate manufacturer ultimately be responsible for providing that information. I do see some flavors being sold as V1 or V2. Biggest problem with that is no one seems to like the V2s.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Rossum I was reading your pledge. What about the responsibility of the companies who manufacture the concentrates? I DIY and for all I know my liquids could be full of diketones. Liquid vendors are using a lot of those same concentrates. I am sure they don't know anymore than I do unless they have their product tested. So shouldn't the concentrate manufacturer ultimately be responsible for providing that information. I do see some flavors being sold as V1 or V2. Biggest problem with that is no one seems to like the V2s.

Depending on the brand(s) you use, it *is* possible to know this about flavoring; TFA in particular makes it clear if diketones of any kind are present, and lately they've been releasing some "DX" versions of some of their diketone-laden flavors. I think FlavourArt is also good about that, and Capella seems to be also.

Also consider that these flavor mfrs were around long before vaping, and will still be there even if vaping completely disappears, so they have very little reason to lie -- unlike someone who just wants to make a quick buck at this vaping game before it all hits the fan.

Andria

john333

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
Indiana
Depending on the brand(s) you use, it *is* possible to know this about flavoring; TFA in particular makes it clear if diketones of any kind are present, and lately they've been releasing some "DX" versions of some of their diketone-laden flavors. I think FlavourArt is also good about that, and Capella seems to be also.

Also consider that these flavor mfrs were around long before vaping, and will still be there even if vaping completely disappears, so they have very little reason to lie -- unlike someone who just wants to make a quick buck at this vaping game before it all hits the fan.

Andria
I get most of my flavors from resellers like RTS, WL and lately Bull City. Would be nice if they would offer up that information. You're right though, I should be like you and do a better job of knowing what I'm buying. Thanks.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
I get most of my flavors from resellers like RTS, WL and lately Bull City. Would be nice if they would offer up that information. You're right though, I should be like you and do a better job of knowing what I'm buying. Thanks.

You can check TFA's flavors on their site, even if you don't buy from them; they have the full-disclosure forms for each flavor. For small sizes, BCV has better prices, though for large sizes it's hard to beat the 4oz at TPA/TFA. BCV does a damn fine job identifying flavors with diketones too, but by consulting the TPA/TFA site, I've been able to learn of some other ingredients that are troublesome for me -- sulfites in the DblChoc-Dark -- and the fact that the Whipped Cream contains triacetin, which isn't usually considered a problem, but I suppose for some it might be.

I've had to read labels on foods for years, because of my asthmatic intolerance of sulfites, and my husband's hypertension (like to restrain the sodium intake!), so carrying that over to my ejuice isn't really that big a thing. In the modern era of processed foods, it's really foolish NOT to read labels!

Andria

john333

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
Indiana
You can check TFA's flavors on their site, even if you don't buy from them; they have the full-disclosure forms for each flavor. For small sizes, BCV has better prices, though for large sizes it's hard to beat the 4oz at TPA/TFA. BCV does a damn fine job identifying flavors with diketones too, but by consulting the TPA/TFA site, I've been able to learn of some other ingredients that are troublesome for me -- sulfites in the DblChoc-Dark -- and the fact that the Whipped Cream contains triacetin, which isn't usually considered a problem, but I suppose for some it might be.

I've had to read labels on foods for years, because of my asthmatic intolerance of sulfites, and my husband's hypertension (like to restrain the sodium intake!), so carrying that over to my ejuice isn't really that big a thing. In the modern era of processed foods, it's really foolish NOT to read labels!

Andria
Thanks, will remember that. Yeah, I don't seem to get much passed the total fat grams when looking at packaging labels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread