DEPRESSION: Only if you suffer depression since quitting analogs/starting ecigs

Have you noticed a cognitive change since starting ecigs/quitting analogs?

• I have noticed NO negative cognitive changes since starting ecigs/quitting analogs.

• I am male <40 years old and have noticed negative cognitive changes since starting ecigs.

• I am female <40 years old and have noticed negative cognitive changes since starting ecigs.

• I am male >40 years old and have noticed negative cognitive changes since starting ecigs.

• I am female >40 years old and have noticed negative cognitive changes since starting ecigs.

• Since starting ecigs/quitting analogs all changes have been positive!

• I don't know, I just want to vote!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cores

Verified Member
Dec 24, 2014
Cores - Definitely agree. When my mod broke I went out and bought a pack of marlboro reds. They tasted so ... wrong and gave me a headache. Like graham crackers and chemicals or something. When I was waiting for my vaporizer to come I bought a half pound of tobacco (organic) and went back to rolling my own. Those tasted more like a cigarette and no crappy headaches or chemically taste. Let's not kid ourselves, the cigarette industry hires scientists to formulate cigarettes to be more addictive through doping processes. American Spirits, even add's freebase nicotine to their tobacco... So glad I'm back on vaping. Gave my roller machine away to a nice woman today :). Not looking back.

When I first tried to quit smoking and start vaping years back, those cig-a-likes were the only game in town. $50 a battery and crappy cartomizer. Needless to say, it didn't work, and made me want to smoke more. The vapor production, and quality of vapor was so ridiculously bad... It took me YEARS to try ecigarettes again. My advice to pretty much anyone transitioning is this...

Don't beat yourself up over a couple of cigarettes durring the transtion period.
One day, just try and only vape. Whenever you crave a cigarette vape away, even if you're vaping more than you normally would smoke. It seems like the two times I transitioned to ecig's I had 2-3 days of heavy vaping before it became normal.
It's normal to crave cigarettes once and a while even weeks after vaping only. It seems to go away after a few hits off of a vape though :).
Always have a back-up device and charger handy even if it's a cheapy mod.
Don't be afraid to tinker with coils or nicotine concentrations.
Don't be afraid to spoil yourself a little on a decent RDA/RTA with the cash you saved from not smoking.

I'm back on e-cigs for good now, and I have to say my mental status is much much better again :). Less depressed, less anxious, less symptomatic, still hard-working and introverted hehehe.

Marlboro has always remained my favorite cigarettes too. And I find them the biggest offenders too. Withdrawling from Marlboro's is so agonizing that I first have to switch to a different brand before kicking the habit. And now I just won't smoke them any more because of it. Even though they are still my favorites~

This time when switching from Cigarettes to chain vaping 12mg I still went through that withdrawl too. Odd that. I think Im in the same boat as Four2109 here - and I am not really so sure that the nicotine is the hook. Thinking back, patches and gum never worked for me either.

Last edited:

TheJester

Jan 26, 2015
Delaware
It's definitely not the nicotine only. The nicotine helps for sure, but there's more to the story.

Smoking something is psychologically addictive so ecigs help there. nicotine I guess the hard-data isn't in, but I am going to venture and say it is addictive but probably not the demonic substance people have said it was for all those years. There's so much more going on inside of commerical cigarettes than meets the eye.

All I know is they work for me :).

Dirty_Ralph

Jun 12, 2015
New York
No effect on me at what....so ....ever. Besides the don't choke a .... out meds the VA has me on has the side effects of not only keeping me from throat punching people but can also gives the libido of a 14 year old boy and make you want to quit smoking.......heres to being a lab rat. I made me want to quit drinking and pick up vaping. go figure

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
I had completely forgotten about this poll/thread. Apparently I voted that I'm >40 and HAVE experienced cognitive changes, but I'm here to tell you that WTA works well to eliminate all sorts of withdrawal symptoms, and withdrawal-related depression too. I've been continuously on WTA since early Aug of last year... and have not experienced a single problem with depression, this time around, though I've been dropping my WTA percentage one percentage point a month since the first of the year -- now at 4% (I started out at 10%).

I also seem to withstand stress a bit better, with WTA; we were informed about 6 wks ago that our mortgage pmts are going up about $80/mo, due to increased taxes, so our escrow has to go up to accommodate that, and it really didn't stress me out to learn this -- partly, I'm sure, because the $$$ savings from not buying cigarettes has helped our budget a GREAT deal, so the higher pmts won't distress our budget at all. My husband is a non-smoker/non-vaper, and I think he was more stressed over it than I was. :)

My first time around, quitting with vaping, last spring, I did experience some fairly severe depression around the 3wk and 3mo points, but this time, with the WTA, none of that.

Andria

Reactions: TheJester
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread