Did I make a bad purchase? (Snow wolf)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SomeTexan

Moved On
Jun 1, 2015
I've been wanting to snag a cherrywood wrap for the sigelei :) I'm getting kinda tired of the silicone cover. There's something about the look of cherrywood that appeals to me.
There are some decent wood wraps avalible for the SW, but I hate fake wood. I would make a wood box and move the guts over before I would use a wood wrap. That's just me, they still look good.

Arcticsteam

ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2013
So Cal
There are some decent wood wraps avalible for the SW, but I hate fake wood. I would make a wood box and move the guts over before I would use a wood wrap. That's just me, they still look good.

Hmmmmmmmmm intriguing....... I need to find some nice fine grained wood! Give it a go. Tho I won't pull the guts from the siggy, I'll just get a raw apv brain, and *laughs maniacally*

Reactions: SomeTexan

SomeTexan

Moved On
Jun 1, 2015
Hmmmmmmmmm intriguing....... I need to find some nice fine grained wood! Give it a go. Tho I won't pull the guts from the siggy, I'll just get a raw apv brain, and *laughs maniacally*
Lol, I've been looking at a mini-mill for a while now. A couple DNA200 chips, some aluminum and some wood. I'd have me a couple cool boxes... (Insert evil plotting and scheming laugh here)

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
If you're going to do a wood mod you must use either a Tiger Maple or a Flame Maple wood.

IMG_1100.jpg

That's hand carved from Tiger Maple.

Arcticsteam

ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2013
So Cal
Lol, I've been looking at a mini-mill for a while now. A couple DNA200 chips, some aluminum and some wood. I'd have me a couple cool boxes... (Insert evil plotting and scheming laugh here)

I'd have to read up on building one. Hmm is it possible to have dual chips, supplying single power to a coil, each driven independently from a single battery? Or am I just crazy?

SomeTexan

Moved On
Jun 1, 2015
I'd have to read up on building one. Hmm is it possible to have dual chips, supplying single power to a coil, each driven independently from a single battery? Or am I just crazy?
I don't know if that would work. It could be cool to have a pair of 510's on top, a single batt feeding both chips. When you want to change flavors or one tank runs dry, just turn the mod and fire the other side...

Arcticsteam

ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2013
So Cal
I don't know if that would work. It could be cool to have a pair of 510's on top, a single batt feeding both chips. When you want to change flavors or one tank runs dry, just turn the mod and fire the other side...

:eek: A pair of 510's linked into a single drip tip. Twin Tfv4s with the sextuple coil 12 f**king coils! :evil::headbang:

Why stop there lmao! 4 drivers, 4 vtc4's 4 6 coil tanks, and a quad manifold to single drip tip.

Yes I'm psychotic.

Arcticsteam

ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2013
So Cal
There may be such thing as too much of a good thing... Lmao the first vaping related drowning.

Hahahahahahaha yeah. I want to beat out a GE-90's clouds during a water ingestion test. Lolol. I have a GIF on here somewhere of the engine during said test. I have much work to do hahahahaha

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
F**k that's a beautiful gun.

Thanks. It's 99% hand made. The only prefab parts were the barrel and the hammer assembly. Everything else is hand cut, hand shaped, hand carved, and hand engraved.

It's my .50 caliber pride and joy.

IMG_1101.jpg

IMG_1099.jpg

That looks sweet. I've always been a fan of burl, but that pic may sway me.

Burl is also a beautiful wood. If it's good enough for Rolls Royce it's surely good enough for any ecig mod. You really can't go wrong with either as long as you get the sanding and finish right.

vapo jam

ECF Veteran
May 25, 2013
county of orange, ca
Where's @suprtrkr? He'd slap you silly for even trying to compare his beloved Snow Wolf to the lowly XCube... (j/k of course :))

As with anything else, 99% of the time you get what you pay for. From what I hear, the Snow Wolf is a quality device that gives you a lot for the price. Of course there are going to be cheaper devices that pack in more "features," but more often than not, they're something you'll use once or twice before you realize that they don't even come close to making up for the difference in quality.

Not to say the XCube is bad necessarily, just that there's a reason it's in a lower price category than the Snow Wolf (just like there's a reason the Snow Wolf is in a lower price category than something like a Vaporshark DNA 200).

Reactions: Pete91

WillieB69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 4, 2010
Mt. Pleasant, Iowa
The only "bad" purchase is one that doesn't work. I'd forget the extra bells and whistles on the Xcube and be happy with the Snow Wolf. The more fancy crap they add to these mods, the more there is to go wrong. Why in the world does anyone need Bluetooth and a phone app to control their mod?? Marketing hype and nothing more.

Pete91

ECF Veteran
Sep 6, 2015
The only "bad" purchase is one that doesn't work. I'd forget the extra bells and whistles on the Xcube and be happy with the Snow Wolf. The more fancy crap they add to these mods, the more there is to go wrong.
I agree, just seeing it and seeing that it was cheaper made me want it. But as vapo jam stated, there is a reason its cheaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread