discount codes and review issues by igetcha

Status
Not open for further replies.

cobaltrich27

ECF Veteran
:D
Okay... when I USED TO log on... it took me ONE scroll to get through the suppliers on the main page. Now it takes me 4 or 5. The number of suppliers here has increased by at LEAST FOUR TIMES in 2 and a half months! That is just crazy. Most of the new suppliers have been members on here for a bit and realize there is $ to be made. They can't be blamed for capitalizing while the market is expanding.

I will admit I have thought about it... but the time to money to aggravation ratio is just not worth it lol :) So instead.. I bought a few in bulk to sell (at cost) to friends and family who wanted them and have a few extra to stockpile for myself in case of a ban :(

Well I use the video review demonstrations along with those who bought the products here to make my ultimate decision thats all I am going to say about this issue the reviewers know they have my support.

Spikey I use the same method I bought a major bulk order. For me to hopefully bring my close friends & loved ones to a better life with these new revolutionary products.

I dont smoke much but I can tell you these products have changed my life for the better and I have this forum and all the good people in it to Thank so Thank You All :rolleyes:

I do agree a stockpile is a good idea at this point so UMM about half of my bulk order coming will be in a bunker out in my back yard :D

ApOsTle51

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2008
UK
......but that would only make sense if all the reviews were positive and they aren't. The whole essence of your reply makes it sound dishonest and I don't believe all are like that...without reviews we would waste money and we are all bright enough to work out the bad reviewers..
I'm not making it sound dishonest..I'm telling how it is. How you judge the system is your choice that's the whole point

igetcha

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2008
UK
www.E-Cig-Reviews.com
hi guys,

i would really like to thank everybody for responding to this thread with your thoughts on this subject and kind words. it really means a lot to me.

from reading your posts i feel a lot better about the situation and have decided to tone down the "disclaimer" at the start of my vids. i finished editing my latest review yesterday and the original disclaimer was nearly 3 pages long of text and looked very much like the small fine print that would be detailed in a footballers contract. plus it was so long that i had to actually cut out a section of footage so i could fit it in and stay within the youtube time limit!
im now going to re edit the disclaimer to make it far more simple and to the point. i almost feel as though its not needed at all after reading all your replies but its become extremely important for me to make sure everyone is well aware that i want to be as open and honest as possible with anyone who watches.
im still going to scrap any score out of 10 and just concentrate on showing the viewers what i think are the positives and negatives of the product by describing them and visually showing the product in as much detail as possible and then give my personal thoughts on the e-cig.

just wanted to respond to a few guys who posted:-

surbitonpete,

i cant imagine many people who have not thought about selling e-cigs as its very clear as to just how much money could be made. e-cigs without a doubt are making a lot of suppliers very rich indeed!
have i thought about it myself? .........yes! am i going to do it? ...........no!!!
the only time i ever really gave it proper consideration was when i 1st discovered e-cigs. i immediately thought they was the greatest invention know to man and all i could see was pound notes in front of my eyes! but i think a lot of people would say the same thing.
just shy of 2 years ago i was a manager for a large high street optician and earning a good wage, bonus etc. but after 10 years of still being on the exact same wage that i started on i just knew i wanted to be self employed. as i had previously worked in the construction industry as an engineer and enjoyed it i felt i wanted to go back to it but as a different profession. so, i jacked in the job and went full time at a college to learn how to be a plasterer. i then invested every penny of my £17000 savings i had in setting up my business, buying tools, van, training fees etc etc.
plastering and my business is my number 1 priority and will continue to be so for hopefully many years to come..........provided that this damn credit crunch doesnt kill it!
i enjoy doing the reviews and testing new products (i also do non review based product testing for 3 e-cig companies) and thats where it ends.
the fact i purchased a website called www.igetchasDiscountedE-CigEmporium.com is purely coincidental! lol (JOKE!!) :D

Nuck,

yes.

Apostle51,

i just wanted to thank you for your input and thoughts. you and i exchanged a few PM's over the last couple of days and the info you gave me has been a great help in trying to find the best ways to be as open and honest with viewers and forum members.........with all the bad blood that has been shed lately, i can only see it as a very positive thing.
thanks again mate!

Starlight,

again, you have no reason to apologise at all my friend. i just want people to enjoy the review and hopefully find it helpfull. if you use the code, great! if you dont, then thats fine!

dusty,

you hit the nail on the head mate. if a reviewer gives a product a good review knowing full well its crap then its their honesty on the line and all credibility goes straight out of the window.

so, to everyone who has taken the time to respond........THANK YOU!!!

igetcha

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2008
UK
www.E-Cig-Reviews.com
Hey .......everybody .......Igetcha does plastering......if you need any plastering done.....I think he's a guy we can certainly trust to do a good job at a good price!!!

if you would like any plastering work done then please go to www.protrowel.com
if you type in this code at checkout you will recieve a 5% discount

ECFplastering

LOL! :D

cekte

ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2009
Oregon
www.youtube.com
VERY well written and stated Scott. I agree with yours and Dustys viewpoints, among others. The Integrity of the reviewer is based upon the products he/she supports, and the honesty of said reviews. Credibility is fairly entirely based upon ones ability to be clear and give accurate, truthful information. Also, to do so on a repeat basis. However I realize a bit more clearly how important actual defined transparency can be.

I believe I will be altering my format to include a bit more transparency as well. I had implied such previously, but will be more clear now. Any suggestions are welcomed.

Thank you Scott. Keep up the great work.

*On another note, the reviews for Igetchas Dicounted E-Cig Emporium will be finished shortly ;) Oh wait, did I say that aloud? :p

igetcha

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2008
UK
www.E-Cig-Reviews.com
VERY well written and stated Scott. I agree with yours and Dustys viewpoints, among others. The Integrity of the reviewer is based upon the products he/she supports, and the honesty of said reviews. Credibility is fairly entirely based upon ones ability to be clear and give accurate, truthful information. Also, to do so on a repeat basis. However I realize a bit more clearly how important actual defined transparency can be.

I believe I will be altering my format to include a bit more transparency as well. I had implied such previously, but will be more clear now. Any suggestions are welcomed.

Thank you Scott. Keep up the great work.

*On another note, the reviews for Igetchas Dicounted E-Cig Emporium will be finished shortly ;) Oh wait, did I say that aloud? :p

oh good, glad to hear you got the samples i sent you! lol :D

defel143

Mar 10, 2009
Thank you to all the reviewers.

I have watched all of dustins vids, many of Chads, and a few of Leafords. I will say honestly, that these were the only 3 that I had a gut feeling that I could trust.

However, even with others reviewers, you have the video. Sure they give a score, but honestly the only things a score accounts for me is on liquid. Something I cannot taste, feel a hit or anything through the video. As for the electronic parts, you can see how they function. How much vapor is given off and how much "fiddling" the reviewer has to do during the video to make it work. Its hard to "fake" a visual effect on video. The vapor amount will change. But if you watch, there are signs. Do they inhale a lot or not, do they hold it in longer, and how they exhale.

The reviewer cannot be blamed in anyway if the viewer is actually paying attention. Sure they get free stuff, who cares. We benifit from it as well. My complaint would be if they get free stuff and didnt do a video review and just typed out a score.

The reviewer have educated us and give you a visual idea of what the product is and how it functions. Besides that, its your choice what you believe and if you think your "taste" is the same as theirs.

igetcha

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2008
UK
www.E-Cig-Reviews.com
chad is that guy who works for a guy who does reviews of competitors product but is really a friend of an FDA uncover op posting on this board under an alias who was behind the banning of the nun.

Hope that makes things crystal clear.

thanks for clearing that up mate, i appreciate it! :D

actually, that doesnt clear that up.......who is chad? :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread