Distilled water and PG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kamil3214

Feb 18, 2017
Hi!
Since I started vaping I have been using mix of pure VG 99.5% and distilled water. Last week i bought new atomizer and it didn't work well with 10%DW and 90%VG so I made couple of higher DW liquids but I figured that I can't go any higher than 15%DW and it isn't enough for my tank to wick properly because I like to chain vape. I think about buying some PG and making mixes like 10%DW 15% PG and 75%VG and here is my question. I remeber that I read somewhere in internet that mixing DW and PG isn't good and anhydrated PG irritates mouth and throat. I haven't been using PG yet in my own liquids and I don't know if this is truth and I should make 25%PG and 75%VG mix. I don't have any issues with PG but I just like VG and DW mix taste better. Have you ever heard about PG and DW mix problems?

PS. Sorry for my grammar.

Reactions: graYum

mhertz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2014
Denmark
I have vaped 20% water and VG unflavored previously for about a year, which ratio I gotten from two other seassoned ECF'ers around here(Kurt and cyrus vap). There's no reason you can't go higher than 15% if wanted. I haven'
t heard the bit about water and PG being bad. Many premixed bases, like inawera's etc, have 10% water. Well, inawera changed to 5% a year ago or something, but there was never anything wrong with the former with 10% water, which they made for years and used as there base for there own ejuices. There's an old thread here where people mimicked the inawera power-smoke base in there own mixes because they liked the inclusion of the water. It lowers the boiling-point, so vapes slightly hotter and some reported improved taste. That was 45/45/10 PG/VG/water.

The only bad thing about using too much water, is possible leaking/flooding and more popping at the coil. It helps with a tighter fit wick in that case(popping).

Several places sells VG already mixed with water in a 80/20% ratio, to use either alone or to be mixed with PG too. I know 4 places at the top of my head and there are countless more i'm sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread