DIY Box Mod (Yet another thread!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nightly_Paradox

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2012
East TN
Alright so. I'm starting to gather parts up to make my own box mod, Just wanted a little feedback on my parts list. It will be a Series 18650 build

Enclosure
Battery Sled
Switch
Mosfet
FatDaddyVape 510 V5 connector

Which I have a master switch and the resister already laying around for use on this project, what do you guys think?

Nightly_Paradox

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2012
East TN
So far I'm planning on doing a parallel setup with dual mosfets running 12G wire (I like to overbuild anything electrical i make). Question being: Since this is going to be an unregulated build will the coils be firing at optimum specs (based on ohm's law) I sat down and done the math earlier and based on my math using the triton with a coil sitting at 1.7 ohms and a voltage of 3.5v the wattage is only going to be 7.21w which is way below the 17.5w i been firing this tank at on my TC40W

I have sat down and read up on the series vs parallel topic and either way you split it you come out to the exact same wattage either way. I don't intend on cloud chasing or anything but based off the math and using some hardware I already have...How would that result in a "better" vape? I like the perk I can build it simple now and go and stick in a regulated chip later if I desire so

I also have sub-ohm devices laying about 2 RDA's and the Triton came with a sub-ohm coil as well. With that being said is my math off? Or would a DIY box mod satisfy me more then my little TC40W will?

K3nn0Q

Aug 2, 2014
Columbus, OH, USA
If you're only wanting to push smaller wattage, parallel, or even single would be fine, and a single MOSFET would do plenty.
The reason dual MOSFETs are used is for people that like to sub-ohm and the load on the battery causes the voltage to drop below the VGSth parameter.
For figuring out the power use 4.2V as a start since that's battery at full charge. You'll see tapering off over time until you switch out batteries... generally at 3.5-3.7V
Also, 14AWG wire will be more than sufficient at those wattages

dc99

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 17, 2014
earth

dc99

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 17, 2014
earth
Its a little more complicated than you realize but it has been done. A member on here david4500 designed a board just for that. Maybe message him and ask about it. QxDdrU0.png Here is a picture of the board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread