Status
Not open for further replies.

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
You can do that but you are going to end up with thick juice unless you are using a lot of flavoring. You can add distilled water in small amount

You are better off getting Nic in higher than 3mg, flavoring and VG to mix to what you want. It will be less expensive too. Unflavored is what some do as well

Last edited:

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
I was just wondering if I bought 3mg premix of just nicotine and VG will all I have to add is flavoring or would I have to also have to thin it out with some filtered water? I just recently discovered that I have an allergy to Pg so going to try mixing my own juice with just nic flavor and VG thank you for all the help in advance

Also most flavoring are in PG base. There are some in VG from Real Flavors and maybe other companies.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I was just wondering if I bought 3mg premix of just nicotine and VG will all I have to add is flavoring or would I have to also have to thin it out with some filtered water? I just recently discovered that I have an allergy to Pg so going to try mixing my own juice with just nic flavor and VG thank you for all the help in advance

You might need to Thin a 100% VG 3mg/ml Nicotine Base with water. But then again, you might not have to.

Are you using 100% VG Flavored Retail e-Liquids right now?

glasseye

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2012
NJ
Use distilled water if you can get it, instead of filtered. Anything you put in that 3mg nic/VG will lower the final mg, so it's going to be very limiting. There are more and more flavors without PG but it's still a bit of a hunt. VG flavors aren't your only choice, some have alcohol.

Schurch1313

Dec 30, 2016
Use distilled water if you can get it, instead of filtered. Anything you put in that 3mg nic/VG will lower the final mg, so it's going to be very limiting. There are more and more flavors without PG but it's still a bit of a hunt. VG flavors aren't your only choice, some have alcohol.
Thanks for the help

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Thanks I do that I got to find a way I don't wanna go back to cigarettes ever again

DIY isn't Hard. And I'm sure with a little Trial and Error you will have a handful of Very Vapable recipes.

Many people who use Very High or 100% VG DIY e-Liquids add a Small amount of Water to help with Wicking. As do Many Retailers.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Me three! :) I've found via flavoring very lightly I can get away with VG, but if I use too much, I get a sore throat. It's good to know I can get VG flavors (if even limited) so I will be looking into that. I add a few drops of water to the tank (when I add any at all) if I'm having trouble with juice flow. I don't tend to have that issue, even in MTL tanks, but I make sure that I continue drawing on each inhale (after I stop hitting the fire button) and that seems to wick juices up consistently into my (very small) wicks. There are some flavors I use that are in such minute quantities, I do tend to want a few drops of distilled water in my tanks, but I find it easiest to do it then, for the most part. I still have pretty gloopy juice, but for the most part it works out fine.

I'd think a PG sensitivity may be easier to manage than a VG sensitivity, at least for DL vapers.... It's really hard to vape PG only in a sub0hm tank, so it would seem to me. Gunking factors, I can live with, totally anemic juices, not so much. Though as I'm staring at the kit that the Husband and I bought, in 2007 or whenever it was, it's merely labeled MAXX blend (from Freedom Smoke USA), so I have NO clue what amount of PG is in it, none whatsoever.

It was for those little JessyM batteries that you dripped right into, so it's a rather elderly setup.... I just pulled it out and it's a USB charger, so at some point I am going to charge and vape that thing, for curiosity's sake. It doesn't appear to have any way of changing the... well, I'm going to call it a heating element, at this point, so god only knows what will happen if I do-- But, I'm going to give it a shot, LOL, with the attached juice. At some point.

I quit, using these suckers for 2 weeks, then went back to work fulltime and.... No more vaping for a while. It was really too bad, but I snuck smoked a cigarette on the way to the job interview, and the rest was history! Too bad, as I was likely getting over the worst of tobacco w/d at that time... I'm just glad to be quit, now. :)

But best of luck, and yes you can thin your juice, thank you for asking the question also, as I tend to prefer as little PG as I'm able to get, so it would be nice to get flavorings in VG as needed.... :)

Anna

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
Nude Nicotine flavorings are VG based. Guaranteed no PG. They have some good flavors, I used them exclusively for quite a while.

Another good thing if you are new to mixing, they are stand alone flavors. You can use each one on its own with having to combine flavors in a recipe. That's why I used them when I started mixing.

There are some other companies making VG based flavorings, can't remember who right now.

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread