Need help with mixture- please!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoochMan

ECF Veteran
Dec 22, 2011
New Jersey
I am just starting with Diy.
I have a couple of premixed 10ml bottles of tobacco and Ry4 flavors that are 18mg nic and that is to strong for me.
They are all 80/20 pg/vg
My diy materials are:
Pg
Vg
100mg nicotine
Caramel
Bavarian cream
Vanilla
Ry4
I want to turn those premixed bottles I have into a 6 or 8mg nic
I figure I can play with the flavoring a little but I don't see on the e juicemeup calculator where you can get calculations using a flavor that has nicotine in it already.
Any suggestions?

Falcon13

Verified Member
Nov 1, 2013
California
what about using the flavor you already have and using that as your nic base and just not add any flavors. (I AM VERY VERY NEW TO DYI) but my thinking is if you take the premade juice and not adding any flavors to it just diluting it it should work out to the target nic level you want. I hope this makes sense. but this is my two cents and again I am Very New to DYI. its just something that makes sense in my head when i read this

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
If you enter the premixed juice AS IF it were flavorless Nic, you should be OK working with the calculator.
Use a target of 20 ml, and whatever ending nic level you want, so you know you'll be diluting down your 10 ml starting juice.
Then just KEEP IN MIND that you've already GOT half the juice flavored and the calculator doesn't know that - so if you add any OTHER flavors to your recipe, they should be at half or less the usual recommended starting percentage.

DrBeaker

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2013
Lab City USA
www.mothersmilkwta.com
I think you need to do the same flavors at 0 Nic then combine those 50/50 each time to get to your target. 18 then 0 will = a double volume of 9mg. if you try to cut it with pg/vg it will lessen the nic but will also weaken the flavor

This is exactly what I would do.

HotRod19579

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Round Rock, Texas
I am just starting with Diy.
I have a couple of premixed 10ml bottles of tobacco and Ry4 flavors that are 18mg nic and that is to strong for me.
They are all 80/20 pg/vg
My diy materials are:
Pg
Vg
100mg nicotine
Caramel
Bavarian cream
Vanilla
Ry4
I want to turn those premixed bottles I have into a 6 or 8mg nic
I figure I can play with the flavoring a little but I don't see on the e juicemeup calculator where you can get calculations using a flavor that has nicotine in it already.
Any suggestions?

I would be interested in knowing what calculators you are comparing and if mine is one of them (http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/diy-e-liquid/480587-new-calculator-try.html). If it is I want to validate the values I am producing. I would like to know what values you are entering to get the suspect results.

Calculating flavor percentages to add is pretty cut and dry. if you want 10% flavoring for a 30ml recipe then the flavor to add should be 3ml. Calculating nicotine to add is also a simple calculation but a little more involved.

The only fuzzy area in the calculations might be on meeting the PG and VG percentages. There are two basic ways of calculating PG/VG percentages and my calculator offers the ability to choose how to perform the calculations. One method, the most common, is to come up with PG/VG percentages that add up to 100% even if you are adding ingredients that contain no PG or VG. The other method is to calculate PG/VG percentages based on the amount of PG and VG added to the total recipe and if you are adding ingredients that do not contain PG or VG the percentages will not add up to 100%.

GoochMan

ECF Veteran
Dec 22, 2011
New Jersey
No your calculator is not one that I was using.
The only issue I was having was when I tried to enter a flavor that had nicotine in it already.
I ended up mixing a 0mg nic batch and mixed that 50/50 with the premixed 18mg nic giving me a final product of 9mg.
I will check out your calculator when I get to my pc, I couldn't open it on my phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread