Do I need a Provari?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunger

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2013
South Florida
I'm feeling the itch to buy a Provari Mini, but what can it do that my Itaste VV V3.0 can't?

I don't own a provari but have heard nothing but good stuff from that mod. According to the specs and multiple reviews, it has a true 3.5 amp limit and tops out at 14.5 watts. It is American made and quality craftsmanship. According to innokin the specs on your device are a 3.5 amp limit and a max output of 11 watts. The provari seems to perform better according to the numbers. Don't know if the innokin really has a 3.5 amp limit for sure.

Now to answer your question, do you need a provari? I guess only you can answer that. If you are happy with your setup and it's keeping you off cigs, you can upgrade to the provari if you wanted to, but stick with whatever works is my advice. Read, Read, and Read alot! Don't be afraid to venture into other types of setups. Thats part of the process, trying multiple options until you find what you like but always Remember, as long as your device/setup keeps you off the cigs, it's the best setup money can buy, even if it's a mini or an ego or a cig alike. Whatever works. Me personally, I'm a bit obsessive and a bit of a dorky hobbyist. I went from a cig alike to an ego, to an ego vv, to a vv box mod, then to a mechanical when I got into the rebuildable atties just recently. Now I'm planning on getting a Reo Grand and it probably won't stop there. This has turned into a hobby for me and I'm always looking to try something "new". It can get expensive LOL but it keeps me occupied and not smoking. Vape on!:vapor:

EddardinWinter

The Philosopher Who Rides
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
Richmond, Va
Since when do I not concede when I'm wrong? Ask the Lion, he busts me all the time.

That aside, I've always wondered about you odd list of gear. Is the Wand made by Hitachi?

The Ocelot is sometimes reluctant to admit she is wrong, but she will do it. I have witnessed it.

I don't know if I bust you "all the time" or not. I suppose I have caught you a few times, but probably less often than you have busted me.

Zealous

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2012
Texas
Well no one "needs" any of these fancy shmancy doo dads we have here in the vaping world lol. But the Itaste is a smaller diameter device & the batteries can't be changed so when it's done it's done. If you would like something with a larger diameter that will look better with larger tanks, RBA/RDAs etc., something you can change batteries on rather than buying a new device & something that will work consistently & has excellent quality then perhaps you do "need" a Provari mini to fill that need.

EddardinWinter

The Philosopher Who Rides
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
Richmond, Va
That's like asking if you need a Jaguar or a Lamborghini! Do you need one? Heck No! Do you want one? Probably... :)

I can honestly say I want neither. My tastes run in a different direction....

11626050495400_tmp_org_zps0bfe646c.jpg

Mark Anthony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2013
Scranton, Pa USA
What prompts you to ask the question? Are you happy with your iTaste VV? If yes, then don't worry about a Provari. Your focus should be on staying off of cigarettes. If whatever you are using does that, then it is doing its job.

For many who get involved with vaping, it becomes a hobby. Exploring what different mods are out there becomes a curiosity. If you have the cash to explore this, then feel free to do so.

The Provari does what other mods can do. It just does what it does better than any other mod. It is a high end mod, and it has the cost of a high end mod. Is it worth that cost? Only someone who owns one can answer that. The vast majority of Provari owners will answer yes.

I agree 100% with Baditude.... it's all just personal preference. If you are happy.... stick with what you have and stay happy. If you have the money and want something new and use your old one as a back up.... then buy the Provari. Either way, only you know the answer to this. :vapor:

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
HAY are you calling me a Tart! :blink:

I just want to preserve this moment for all time in everyones hard drive permanent image. Ocelot admitted that Buzzzlove stand corrected her kind of sort of on this day twentyfirst of September year of our lord 2013 :banana:

It's October.

I was wondering if anyone caught that :laugh:

OP, ProVari's are breakable. My first one is getting ready to go in for repair for the third time. My second is getting ready to go in for repair for the first time. I'm also getting ready to purchase my third Provari.

With that being said, they CAN be repaired. If what I manage to do to ProVari's were to happen on other PV's, I would probably have to just count them as losses.

My nickname is Spazz, well deserved though. :facepalm:
The Provari is probably one of the few PV's that will survive me using them.
My kids are lucky they survived me. :blink: :lol:

cdsaint66

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2012
Goodfield, IL
I was wondering if anyone caught that :laugh:

OP, ProVari's are breakable. My first one is getting ready to go in for repair for the third time. My second is getting ready to go in for repair for the first time. I'm also getting ready to purchase my third Provari.

With that being said, they CAN be repaired. If what I manage to do to ProVari's were to happen on other PV's, I would probably have to just count them as losses.

My nickname is Spazz, well deserved though. :facepalm:
The Provari is probably one of the few PV's that will survive me using them.
My kids are lucky they survived me. :blink: :lol:

Holy Crap Robino! What sort of terrible torture do you subject your Provari's to? I think you should be reported to the PPA (Provari Protection Association) for serial abuse!

EvilZoe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
Savoir-Faire is everywhere!
Please help me. I'd read the manual, but mine didn't come with any. :( When I hit the button thingy to change something, I keep seeing two dashed lines. Like half the menu is missing or not coming up or something. I can't get to the variable wattage, puff count, GPS and Wi-Fi settings. I assume it's user error as both my regular and Mini do the same thing.

smartalec2.GIF

It's obviously right after the "do laundry" and "fly to the moon" settings. What, are you thick?

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Holy Crap Robino! What sort of terrible torture do you subject your Provari's to? I think you should be reported to the PPA (Provari Protection Association) for serial abuse!

I knock 'me over.....send them tumbling off tables etc.. I think it is more the fault of the device topping the Provari, at least for two of the 'incidents' :oops:

The third ummm booboo on BooBoo Blue was the glass kinda got knocked out of the window. I'm waiting to send that one back in until after Mr. Red LED comes back fixed as good as new. :blush:

Yeah, I'm a serial Provari abuser. *hanging head in shame*

EvilZoe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
Savoir-Faire is everywhere!
I knock 'me over.....send them tumbling off tables etc.. I think it is more the fault of the device topping the Provari, at least for two of the 'incidents' :oops:

The third ummm booboo on BooBoo Blue was the glass kinda got knocked out of the window. I'm waiting to send that one back in until after Mr. Red LED comes back fixed as good as new. :blush:

You need a holder that will keep them from tumbling over.

baghandler

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2013
Chicago

Out the window? :laugh:

You need a holder that will keep them from tumbling over.

Or a Tatroe end cap (and maybe some window screens):

evic3.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread