Do people build Atomizers for Cost?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aniyishay

Aug 12, 2012
Florida
Does anyone know of a place that will build a few custom Atomizers for me? I bought wire, japanese cotton, wire (forgot if it was nickel or what), took out the old coils, and my gosh this is so time consuming and I can't get it right. I tried with an Atlantis Aspire v2 I believe and drove me nuts. I also didn't know what I was doing so thats dangerous. Id prefer it be done with like a .5 subOhm on a Arctic tank.

Reactions: Train2

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
At some vape shops (the good ones), they will build you a coil AND TEACH YOU HOW.
MOST shops will build one for you - maybe for $5 or something. But some of them either don't want to teach (cuz then you don't need them to keep doing it - like that occasional $5 will pay their rent), or really aren't any good at explaining.
If the first place doesn't help, try another.
Or spend a bunch of time on Youtube, watching videos on how to build a coil - that's probably the most common way people learn how.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Yeah - my hands are too big, and my eyesight's too blurry - but after a bunch of failed attempts, I started catching on. Now I vape my own coils all the time - it's worth learning!
You do want to pick up an ohm-reader probably - you CAN check on a regulated device, but it's easier and safer to check (for shorts, and to see if you got the resistance you wanted) on a little ohm-reader box. Under $20 for a basic one like this...

Reactions: msrfrog

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Vape shops will build coils and as Train2 said they will teach you how to do it yourself. Big fingers make it hard to deal with coil wire, but technique is important. I like to wind my coils and orient the leads while it's still on the mandrel. Form the leads to match the screws. Leave the coil on the drill bit or mandrel when you install it and make the wires long enough to handle so you can stretch them out and wrap them around the screws.

Once you get the ends lightened down use the mandrel or drill bit to raise and position the coil to clear the deck and put it where there's clearance above the air hole and the positive and negative poles. At that point you can adjust the orientation so that the wick will settle onto the deck into the juice reservoir on each side. There's usually a juice slot. Don't block it. If you do it will prevent juice from being able to flow on to the deck and into the wick.

I like to orient the coil so that the wick comes straight out of the coil and down to the deck where it can fan out. Some like to orient the coil at a 45 degree angle with the wicks turning and lying flat on the deck. It's personal preference at that point.

YouTube is your friend for coil winds on a particular tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread