Do you still have the patience

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lemwise

ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2013
Joure
Just vape while mumbling incoherently to yourself, no one's ever bothered me.
I do that as well but I like to take it a step further and have a fight with the voices in my head :thumbs: You know, hit myself on the head and scream to at the voices to leave me alone. That usually does the trick :banana:

Sometimes I also reply with: "Were you born this dumb, or did you have to take a course to become this dumb?"

puddinman

Jun 6, 2015
"Why are you vaping electrons?" So that I can absorb their energy and become a superhero eventually!

"That's worse than smoking!" But it's better than just breathing unflavored air. How can you stand to breathe without it tasting like fruit or custard? All those germs and toxins taste like crap by themselves!

"That's dangerous!" So is giving unsolicited advice ...

DoctorJ

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2012
I haven't been vaping for that long, about 4-5 months i think, and i am completely out of patience for explaining or justifying vaping. From comments like "that's worse than cigarettes" to "why are you inhaling electrons", at first i was patient to try and explain what vaping is and convince people how wrong they are, but now.. my response is mostly "good thing you don't have to do it".
I would still gladly help anyone interested in vaping or learning about it, but these side comments from people i barely know are getting really old and annoying.
Do you still have the patience to explain and convince people? And by people i don't mean close friends, i mean Jerry from accounting and other let's say acquaintances.

Those people that give you the sideways, disapproving glances or make off-hand comments I simply ignore.

ignore.jpg

I'll take all the time needed to explain about vaping if someone asks and is truly interested.

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
Those people that give you the sideways, disapproving glances or make off-hand comments I simply ignore.

View attachment 469298

I agree, but sometimes you just gotta have some fun at their expense.

Top 6 reasons
" why are you inhaling electrons?"
---------------------------

"Because you earthlings taste funny"

"I'm recharging my pacemaker."

"Uhm.. They aren't mine. I'm just holding them For a friend..."

"I'm auditioning for a role as a new super villain in Avengers 5: planet of the Vapes"

"You can just Call me The Doctor".

"Mere men should not meddle in the affairs of Dragons!"

Rizzyking

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2013
East Midlands, United Kingdom
Joy of living in a mid sized town is everyone that had something to say has said it and I've replied and those who don't like it know better then to engage me on it anymore. I get the odd person with curiosity and am open and happy to spend sometime with them usually it's family or friends of a smoker wanting to explore it as an option so can't ignore that. My biggest hassle vaping wise is when I go to hospital as we have this stupid difference between the doctors and nurses and the pen pushers in the UK's NHS, doctors and nurses are mostly in favour of vaping and encourage people to make the switch the pen pushers are banning it left, right and centre it's really stupid and I have on occasion not been very open or polite when dealing with them.

bluecat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Cincy
The only people I have patience with are my clients and I happy to have that other than my family. Other people I don't care what they think. Never did for 50 years. They can think what they want but in the end it is my choice to do something that is not illegal. The are many things I may not agree with but it is their choice to do with their lives as they see fit.

sake1bs

ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
nyc
very true its pretty easy straight off the bat to know if someone is saying something to sound ignorant and rude or if someone is asking for pure curiosity, and fulfill each request accordingly, I'm in nyc been vaping for about 4 months never had any bad comments but id definitely thank them for showing me their stupidity right away and walk away satisfied i didn't have to waste a single extra second on them

VCross

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2015
Yucaipa, California
Luckily, I haven't run into too many of those types of people. In fact, I have gotten a few of the guys where I work interested in it. They haven't made the swap yet cuz they like their smokes but it's their choice and I can't make them change. As far as the people who try to convince me that vaping is worse for me than smoking I just let them know everyone needs a vice and this is my vice of choice. At least I'm not getting behind the wheel after getting plastered and trying to drive home.

VNeil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2014
Ocean City, MD
My own response to "those things are worse than cigarettes"...

"Really? And what is your basis for saying that? Please educate me since you seem to know more about this than I do"

Usually met in silence.

When I hear something about "the dangers of evil nicotine" I usually respond with "Did you know that nicotine is a vitamin?" That is met with incredulity of course, which lets me run through the Vitamin B3 = Niacin = Nicotinic Acid but they don't like to call it Nicotinic Acid because they want you to think it is something its not- evil.

Steamix

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2013
Vapistan
Oh, I do still have patience. Lots of it.

After all, I order most of my gear from fasttech :D

So I sit quietly beside the mailbox with a serene smile on my face for timespan that makes a zen monk go berserk...

Talking, explaining, I don't bother with that anymore. If it's someone just puffing away on some tobacco product I just ask if they got a minute. Do you have a clean hankie or tissue ?
Nope ? . Here, take one of mine. Exhale your next drag through that please. Now I exhale my vape hit through the tissue/hankie. If you want, we can do that with inhales too, in case you think mine gets all absorbed in the lung tissue. Now...what was your issue with the tissue again ? :)

Maybe I should make a YT video... it's so blatantly obvious, that it don't need any further words.

So, Mr. and Mrs. Governement, what exactly IS your excuse for giving vaping a hard time ?

Jdurand

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2014
Long Island, NY
I've got all the patience in the world left for new users and those that wish to quit smoking. Never smokers, I have no time for. They just want to be right and that's that. I have only had a few negative comments. At first I tried to wave the banner and be a good ambassador of vape. I really, really tried.........now it's a few expletives and down the road I go, a happy vaper.

Reactions: Hans Wermhat

mare ze dotes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2012
WI/Boston
I've vaped for 3 years now, and never once had anybody make any kind of comment.

Except a few people who asked if I liked it, does it work, or curious about it.

Never heard one negative comment directed my way. :)

This had been my experience. I must have a kind face. :) People were curious but not anymore. It is becoming more popular.

LewAz

Apr 2, 2015
Great American Southwest
I stopped caring a very long time ago what people thought of me. I've had some odd looks while I was vaping...but I had odd looks before I vaped so that really isn't a a good reaction barometer:shock:. One old timer thought I was smoking, well, something else. As vaping becomes more mainstream, most of that will cease.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread