does higher wattage mean better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Innokin = good. Innokin has had the TOP record for reliability from UK shops year after year.

Power is cheap. They (one of the big brands) could make a 300 watt mod for the same price as DNA mod.

No, I would certainly not buy a Smok product over Innokin.
I don't buy Innokin as I don't like internal batteries. Otherwise, I'd buy everything from them...

Schue

ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2015
Texas
If I had to choose between the two products you mentioned, I would go with the smoketech alien because the batteries are removable. The integrated lipo will eventually degrade and there is no feasible way to replace it. However, I do not like smoketech products. I bought a few when I first started vaping and all of mine were crap.

The smoketech will not go up to 220w with 2 18650 batteries. Vape companies have been false advertising this high wattage capability.

Wattage depends on your coils, rda, tank, ect. More watts do not always equal a better vape experience. More watts generally equals a hotter vape and more clouds, but does not necessarily equal a better vape experience.

I personally vape around 60 watts on a dual fused clapton set-up and never see myself going about 100 watts in the near future. I have mods that go higher for possible future vaping products, but I am comfortable in the mid wattage vaping level.

Bankai

Jan 22, 2016
Innokin = good. Innokin has had the TOP record for reliability from UK shops year after year.

Power is cheap. They (one of the big brands) could make a 300 watt mod for the same price as DNA mod.

I don't buy Innokin as I don't like internal batteries. Otherwise, I'd buy everything from them...

okay, what do you buy? a example of a 75 to 120 watt mod with external batteries would be nice. I think I may stay away from the smok and just stick with coolfire or eleaf.

So I will need batteries and external charger as well.

I didn't think most mods can do 220 watts anyways, I know it's mostly the coil and so forth that really determines a good vape.

Bankai

Jan 22, 2016
If I had to choose between the two products you mentioned, I would go with the smoketech alien because the batteries are removable. The integrated lipo will eventually degrade and there is no feasible way to replace it. However, I do not like smoketech products. I bought a few when I first started vaping and all of mine were crap.

The smoketech will not go up to 220w with 2 18650 batteries. Vape companies have been false advertising this high wattage capability.

Wattage depends on your coils, rda, tank, ect. More watts do not always equal a better vape experience. More watts generally equals a hotter vape and more clouds, but does not necessarily equal a better vape experience.

I personally vape around 60 watts on a dual fused clapton set-up and never see myself going about 100 watts in the near future. I have mods that go higher for possible future vaping products, but I am comfortable in the mid wattage vaping level.

Better to get the pico 75 watt since it's a removable battery over the cool fire tc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
okay, what do you buy? a example of a 75 to 120 watt mod with external batteries would be nice. I think I may stay away from the smok and just stick with coolfire or eleaf.

So I will need batteries and external charger as well.

I didn't think most mods can do 220 watts anyways, I know it's mostly the coil and so forth that really determines a good vape.

Like I said, I would buy Innokin (I used to buy Innokin) and have considered the Coolfire that takes the external battery.
Other than that, I have iSticks (considered throw-away) and Mods by Joyetech, Eleaf, Sigelei etc.
ALL my Sigelei mods still work, as does my Mini Cloupor.
NONE of my Joyetech equipment works other than my EVIC mini VTC 75w.
I bought a Sigelei 213 knowing it won't do 200w and is not good for TC.
I don't buy much these days but would like a DNA mod next year.

Reactions: Bankai

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Looking at the SMOKTECH ALIEN 220W and it's actually cheaper than the coolfire tc 100 starter kit.

I know it doesn't come with batteries but I'm wondering does higher wattage usually equal better or is it moreso the quality of the coil/tank and so forth?

The best way to get good flavor.

1. Get a flavor chasing Atomizer.

2. Try different wattages and coil resistances till you find tge sweet spot that works for you.

I usually use a resiste .8-1 ohm running at 8-10.5 watts

Bankai

Jan 22, 2016
Like I said, I would buy Innokin (I used to buy Innokin) and have considered the Coolfire that takes the external battery.
Other than that, I have iSticks (considered throw-away) and Mods by Joyetech, Eleaf, Sigelei etc.
ALL my Sigelei mods still work, as does my Mini Cloupor.
NONE of my Joyetech equipment works other than my EVIC mini VTC 75w.
I bought a Sigelei 213 knowing it won't do 200w and is not good for TC.
I don't buy much these days but would like a DNA mod next year.

It's no right/wrong answer, trial and error... thanks I'm getting the pico and working my way up from there.

Cheallaigh

Ultra Member
Aug 13, 2016
Georgian Bay, Ontario
most of us would advise picking one with a removable battery...
and a lot would suggest 75w as a nice number... unless you're planning on going higher than 65w while using it, you don't need a 100w device...
it will make it last longer between charges, but so will carrying a spare battery.(in either one of the sleeves or a plastic case, not free floating that's a fire/explosion waiting to happen)

flavour and clouds come down to the top, whether it's a tank, rda, or squonker.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona

Many of the cool fire especially THR Coolfire4+, 100 Watt coolfire and coolfire4TC USES external 186650 batteries.

Reactions: djsvapour

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
I ordered the pico mega, liked how it looked over the regular pico.

the battery is bigger so hopefully I have no issues with that, from the reviews, it can't do over a 23mil tank.

I'm not complaining, will keep it for a while and upgrade to a monster next time around.
Correct
23 mm is the largest Atty you can use on the Pico.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Havsy two of them. All i use now. I prefer them to the eVic VTC Mini
The VTC mini looks really, really square and conservative in comparison.
I noticed this when moving to lying on my side watching a film and there were two mods in the way obscuring my enormous 27" Panasonic. :eek:

Foggyroomz

ECF Veteran
Nov 14, 2014
Indiana
There are so many devices and everyone has their opinion on what is better and that's ok here's the thing to consider when purchasing a new device what do you personally vape at power wise and what does the device offer as an advantage over the other choices you are looking at for potential purchase. Do you want the convenience of interchangeable batteries or is a built in battery pack more your style. How low of a resistance will it fire do you vape below .3 ohms and need a device that fires 0.1 do you vape over 150watt regularly and need 200 plus watts of power? People claim that 2 battery regulated devices aren't capable of 200 watts but that isn't true you have to know ohms law and how to build within the parameters of the device. Just because it says it will fire down to .1 and that it is capable of 200 max watts doesn't mean it will do both at the same time. Most wattage setting devices adjust the voltage according to the resistance of the atomizer and the desired wattage the problem is that just because you set it to 200 watts doesn't mean that is what it is actually providing as the device has an amperage limit and voltage limit. For example to get 200 watts out of a device that has a 40 amp max and 8 volt max output you would need to build between 0.125 and 0.32 ohms to get a true 200 watt. One keeps the voltage down around 5 volts but puts you on the max amperage limit but building higher ohm drops the amperage but jumps the voltage up to max output both of which are not battery life friendly. It depends on what you want the device to do really just do your research and watch reviews don't buy on impulse.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Looking at the SMOKTECH ALIEN 220W and it's actually cheaper than the coolfire tc 100 starter kit.

I know it doesn't come with batteries but I'm wondering does higher wattage usually equal better or is it moreso the quality of the coil/tank and so forth?
In General
Lower Ohm Coils/Higher Wattage Vaping Will:
Heat The Coil Faster
Produce More Vapor, can mute taste (coat mouth/build up)
Drain The Battery Faster
Use E-Juice Faster
Produce A Warmer Tasting Vape
Shorten Coil Life
Shorten Wick Life
More PV Maintenance/Issues
More irritation to non vapers (tends create more negative comments regarding cloud production)
If you need 220W go for it.

Reactions: sonicbomb
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread