Dont know if its me or what

Status
Not open for further replies.

MiamiMom63

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2012
South Florida
I agree with you, windy. Everyone likes different things. I have tried many clearos and to me they all are the same. The juice gets thick and nasty and you get some burnt hits, and some leak, and they don't handle high voltage vaping. I think they are good for newbs maybe that aren't familiar with cartomizers and atomizers, but in the long run I will stick to dripping on an atomizer instead.

daniele25

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2012
phoenix
I've found that I love them when they are brand new..but they don't perform well for long. After cleaning them they get a little better again, but not great and not for long. I am trying a new cleaning method tonight that I hope will work better. I do use 50/50 PG/VG juices that are fairly dark in them, so they get gunked up pretty quick. I also like the long wicks better....they seem to give a better flavor for a longer period of time in my opinion, which I did not think would be the case. I think I'm the minority there though...seems like more people prefer the short wicks.

Fingers crossed that trying the vodka cleaning tonight will get these tasting good again!

~Sue~Feb2012

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2012
USA
I agree with you, windy. Everyone likes different things. I have tried many clearos and to me they all are the same. The juice gets thick and nasty and you get some burnt hits, and some leak, and they don't handle high voltage vaping. I think they are good for newbs maybe that aren't familiar with cartomizers and atomizers, but in the long run I will stick to dripping on an atomizer instead.

hmmmm, the only time I had nasty juice in my clearos was when I was in 100 degree temps everyday on a 10 day vacation. The clearos developed condensation and the juices all intensified and got kinda weird tasting. But, at home, in normal circumstances (room temps and not outdoors for 10 days LOL) my clearos (generic and brand names, LRL and STD from different vendors) have all been doing great. I do lay them down on their sides when not in use, as opposed to standing them upright or whatever. I suppose the wicks stay moist this way. The only ones that have leaked were after I cleaned and resused many many tmes LOL...some do wear out eventually. (I did notice after I soak in vodka, rinse, dryburn etc., sometimes I have to re-rinse cause I suppose the dryburn leaves some "burnt" residue that has to be rinsed out.) If I turn up the dial on my ego twists to the 4.8 sometimes I get a burnt taste momentarily, but then dial back down and it's fine. I use 90 - 100% VG juices. (well, maybe some are 80%-100% VG since I don't know the exact % of flavors/PG etc. in the juices I buy.) Just my :2c:
Love this sight and all the knowledge and opinions everyone has! Everyone is great!
:vapor: vape on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread