Status
Not open for further replies.

Krisma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Australia
I was talked into putting up a photo of the mods hubby and I have been making for me. They are completely self indulgent and made for my small hands. Hubby is a trinket box making hobbyist and had a lot of fun making these. All the wood is limb fall wattle or gum with some fallen willow from our creek. Coloured blue panels are stabilised olive

All 4 are simple unregulated 18500 mods. A simple box construction method makes them relative easy to make and all the labour effort is concentrated in the sanding to shape and the finishing. Anyway enjoy

nebulis

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2014
Vienna, Europe
All the credit should go to my better half who did most of the work. I was design and procurement :p
Well, you also found a hubby who makes something so beuatiful for you :hubba:

Very nice pieces Krisma! The combination with these stabilised olive panels (whatever that is?) are very special.

Krisma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Australia
Well, you also found a hubby who makes something so beuatiful for you :hubba:

Very nice pieces Krisma! The combination with these stabilised olive panels (whatever that is?) are very special.

Thank you. I am chuffed.....they turned out exactly how I wanted them to.

Krisma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Australia
Gorgeous and extra special from loving hands.

@Krisma Soooo Beautiful !!!

And they do look very comfortable for small (and hurting) hands !!

Such treasures...both the mods and the husband !

Thank you. He and the mods are quite special.

I am such a particular whimp when it comes to vaping gear and it takes me ages to find something I can comfortably hold and fire without my hands getting tired. We went through quite a few variations of size and shape and of course trying to find switches that still looked nice but being soft enough to use.

I have lusted after a lot of the wooden squonkers and even though I will never squonk, I wanted the look and this is a perfect compromise. I put kicks in them yesterday and found the right tanks and I am very happy tottle puffer. :p

Krisma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Australia
We have just finished another one. This is more squarish with angled corners.

The surround is red gum with whitgum pinstripe, cap and base with different stabilised olive feature panels. Same construction method But this one has been kicked to make it VV.

Krisma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Australia
Stunning!

Wow! Beautiful work!

Thank you. I pass on all the comments and he has a big grin on his face. It is a great project that lets him use his skills to make some very useful things. We are still playing with finishes but as the wood is generally scrappy bits it's quite difficult to get the gloss. When we lash out and use some good bits of wood he can start finishing and polishing to a proper shine. :p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread