Wood Box Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

sierra22

Moved On
Jun 11, 2011
USA
Yup, its great, also the ptr08060 is a great one too, its just like the 8100 but rated at 6amp instead of 10, which is still plenty! I haven't found anything better.... they are all I use anymore as well!

here's a sweet dual 18650 mod I think I am going to try and duplicate......

IMAG0196.jpg

Yep, the PTR08100W regulator works better than any other regulator I have used....runs cool and the efficiency is wonderful...it is now the only regulator I use....if there is something better out there I would like to know about it.....

Building mods is a hobby so I'm always looking for "better" and "smaller"......and the hard one to find is " a small digital voltage display", which I have not found yet......

retird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2010
North Side
Nice. I want one. :)

Looking for some more "Camel Zippo" wood boxes...They were sold in 1998 with the lighter, so are kinda hard to come by...I was lucky to find this one(just the wood) with no lighter....guess the Zippo collectors keep these....only found two this last week and they had the lighter with them....they sold for more than $ 55.00 each.....so I keep looking......

retird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2010
North Side
Last one I watched sold for 65.00(serious bidders wait till the last few minutes to bid and the price skyrockets at the end)-----too much for just a wood box IMO.....I got lucky and bought mine for 15.00....alot of work to modify the wood box, sand, stain, finish..not to mention the circuitry and parts.....Build time was approximately 13 hours.....Someone with the proper wood working tools could probably modify the wood box faster, but poor folks got poor ways (he-he-he)....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread