Dr. Robert Cranfield: Formaldehyde in electronic cigarettes vs combustible tobacco

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill Godshall

Executive Director<br/> Smokefree Pennsylvania
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2009
Dr. Robert Cranfield: Formaldehyde in electronic cigarettes vs combustible tobacco

Debunks heavily publicized NEJM vapor formaldehyde fraud letter.

Demonstration shows cigarette smoke creating >60 times more formaldehyde than e-cigarette aerosol, and shows cigar smoke creating >100 times more formaldehyde than e-cig aerosol.

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
I just posted this on FB because I do have a couple of smoking friends who just love to post antivape snippets.

+++++++++++++++++

There was a junk science 'study' done a few years ago claiming high levels of the carcinogen formaldehyde in e-cigarettes. The bottom line was that this 'study' was conducted with an agenda, to produce tailored results to smear e-cigs. Tobacco companies have a lot to lose.
They used low power atomizers and pumped voltage levels into them WAY in excess of normal use and they burned, producing formaldehyde. A burned hit on an e-cig is like inhaling death, you just couldn't or wouldn't vape like this.

So before you say "I heard that...." about e-cigarettes, know the facts and don't further the cause of tobacco companies, government agencies and pharmaceutical companies that want to continue to profit from people smoking themselves to death rather than using a safer alternative.

I linked to the video above, and also:

This
E-cigarettes should be offered to smokers, say doctors - BBC News

and the video by Matt of suck my mod entitled "Formaldehyde In Vaping - Let's Vape A CE5 Clearomizer At 5 Volts!" in which he completely debunks the whole Formaldehyde thing. I cannot post it here because of excessive swears, do a search on YT using the title and it will pop right up.

*- Sorry Robino :eek:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread