Status
Not open for further replies.

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
I happened to be on the MVS site and saw they have a Kanger Dripbox 2 listed. Haven’t heard anything about this, but I guess in the rush to beat the FDA deadline for products, Kanger is just shooting these out as quickly as possible.

The product listing is unclear as to whether this is VV or is the same as the original Dripbox. It has a screen and what appear to be adjustment buttons but not sure of the specs. Single battery. Price is great ($26.99).

Link to the MVS site and some screen captures from their listing.

Kangertech Dripbox 2 Starter Kit White

d1.PNG
d2.PNG

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
NOTE: The Subdrip RDA and Dripmod device are not compatible with other devices or tanks due to the juice delivery system. Using other types of device or tanks may cause juice to flow down which may damage your device or battery.

Features and Specs:

• Dimensions:
  • Includes the Subdrip RDA and Dripmod
  • 22mm Diameter
  • Bottom Feeding Design
  • Juice Delivery System
  • May also be Top-Filled
  • Wattage Output: 5 - 80W
  • Resistance: 0.1 to 2.5 ohm
  • 200F to 600F
  • 7ml e-Liquid Capacity
  • Use pre-built 0.2ohm drip coils or build your own
  • Adjustable Airflow
  • Subdrip RDA - Stainless Steel Casing
  • Dripmod - Aluminum Casing
  • Requires (1) 18650 High Amp Battery (Sold Separately)
  • Micro USB Charging Port
  • Low Resistance Protection
  • Reverse Battery Protection
  • Low Battery Warning Indicator

Reactions: hazozita

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Seems like something's wrong. The text says it delivers a "constant 60 watts" (which is what they said about the original, but it's bunk - it's works like a mech and delivers based on coil and battery) - but the picture shows a screen with an "M" - memory setting - so that's GOT to be VW.
I dunno if I like it either way. I PREFER a mech, and I LIKE the dripbox as it was - adding size and a screen and up/down buttons doesn't really improve it - for me...

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
I think the text is from the original Dripbox. The bullet list of specs that @muzichead listed was not there when I first saw the listing (at least I don't recall it being there). I'm thinking it's going to have the same VW/TC features as all other other Kanger mods that are coming out.

Glad it's presently listed as OOS. Would have probably ordered one and I've bought way too much over the past few weeks. Then again, if MVS lists one in stainless tomorrow.....

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Seems like something's wrong. The text says it delivers a "constant 60 watts" (which is what they said about the original, but it's bunk - it's works like a mech and delivers based on coil and battery) - but the picture shows a screen with an "M" - memory setting - so that's GOT to be VW.
I dunno if I like it either way. I PREFER a mech, and I LIKE the dripbox as it was - adding size and a screen and up/down buttons doesn't really improve it - for me...

I think what is Going On is that MVS has used the same Text from the DripBox in the DripBox 2 description.

Kangertech Drip box Starter Kit - Black

Reactions: Train2

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
I think what is Going On is that MVS has used the same Text from the DripBox in the DripBox 2 description.

Kangertech Drip box Starter Kit - Black
Descriptions are very similar and it would seem the same except the VW info for the V2.... We know the original specs came direct from Kanger so I would guess these did as well.

Drip Box 2
Features and Specs:

• Dimensions:
  • 22mm Diameter
  • Bottom Feeding Design
  • Juice Delivery System
  • May also be Top-Filled
  • Wattage Output: 5 - 80W
  • Resistance: 0.1 to 2.5 ohm
  • 200F to 600F
  • 7ml e-Liquid Capacity
  • Adjustable Airflow

Original Drip Box
Features and Specs:

• Dimensions: 4-1/2" x 1-3/4" x 7/8" (Including Subdrip RDA)
  • 22mm Diameter
  • Bottom Feeding Design
  • Juice Delivery System
  • May also be Top-Filled
  • Wattage Output: 60W
  • Voltage Output: 3.7V
  • Minimum Resistance: 0.2ohm
  • 7ml e-Liquid Capacity
  • Adjustable Airflow

Reactions: michliu

michliu

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2012
Seattle, WA
Sorry for the orientation of the pics, been a while since I posted images to ECF.

I just received mine and been vaping on it for about 30 minutes. First impressions:
  • If you own any of the other two dripboxes, you'll know what you're in for
  • The RDA has spring loaded push buttons instead of screws, they hold the installed clapton coils in place, but I haven't tested with a smooth wire yet. And yes, stock placement of the coils is ridiculously low.
WP_20160806_002.jpg

• Mouthpiece/cap has ridges for better grip and easier adjusting
  • Barrel was near impossible to get off at first but now that they're juiced up, it's not an issue
  • Everything else about the RDA is the same as the Dripbox 160: screw-in deck, unusable MTL hole
  • Battery cap is different from the other two Dripbox squonkers, see pics.
WP_20160806_004.jpg

• Bottle and squonk assembly are the same as other Dripboxes, though the bottle is a tighter fit. The bottom ring where you slide the bottle out is a tad tight, the inner circumference is a bit too small for the grip ridges on the bottle, so it's a ..... too get the bottle out
  • I haven't tried any wire but the stock clapton, so I can't tell you how TC is
  • Same magnet door for the bottle, though the magnets on mine are weaker than the first Dripbox
All in all, for $26.95 plus shipping, it's a no-brainer buy. Been squonking for a couple of years now and affordable regulated squonking is nice to see.

WP_20160806_006.jpg
WP_20160806_007.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread