Dripping...I don't get it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kremppie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
McKinney TX
I have not been vaping for very long, but I really don't understand dripping. It seems very hot, and the taste is like plastic. I have tried several different flavors and nic levels. I thought I might like zero better, but I don't. I have watched videos, and it seems really popular, and I really want to like doing it. Any suggestions?

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Did you blow the primer out first? That could explain the plastic taste.

As for the heat, I haven't noticed it being any hotter when I drip, but I also prefer vaping at 12+w.

This is HUGE and very rarely discussed in those videos. Some things are subjective, like flavors, but IMO dripping is akin to listening to music with headphones on versus listening to music through the headphones away from your head. The most important thing in dripping is the approach. When people defer to cartos for their supposed convenience, just remember, topping off a carto, though it may get you further before the next top-off, is essentially the same thing as dripping.

I have infront of me 25+ flavors and one atty--if I wanted to try all those flaovrs, I wouldn't need to change my set-up. Granted cartos have their place (I think), but dripping is very efficient.

I will save you all the multiple reasons that I love dripping, but just know that I started out, like most, using cartos. One day I realized that all I was getting was scented air and wanted to finally taste the damn juice.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
I don't quite get it either, but then I've only been vaping for a week :) Just got an Ego Twist today and it's bloody brilliant.

Trust me, I was there with you all. I appreciate you all's honesty, also. I thought dripping was completely antithetical to what it is that I wanted to do. But then again, that was when I wanted a cute little glowing light on the end of my 808.

Kremppie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
McKinney TX
I have a few attys from volcano and ecig. I don't know anymore than that. They both have the mesh arch, and I can see the red when I press the button. I am sorry I don't know more. I have spent a lot on batteries, mods and tanks, and I am pretty comfortable with them. I guess I need to try a different brand. I don't have to make dripping my favorite thing, but I would at least like to do it once in a while.

Oniko

Moved On
Jul 27, 2012
Okanagan
Trust me, I was there with you all. I appreciate you all's honesty, also. I thought dripping was completely antithetical to what it is that I wanted to do. But then again, that was when I wanted a cute little glowing light on the end of my 808.

UGH. 808... a nightmare.

The first kit I got (a week ago haha) was an 808 mini. It was lovely for a day, then it turned to annoying, then it turned to fidgety and horrid, then a battery died, and so on and so on. Here I was quitting smoking and dealing with extreme frustration.

I stuck it out though and didn't resort to ciggys. Just got my ego twist today and I feel at peace :D

Infinitejest

ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2012
AUstin, Tx
I don't quite get it either, but then I've only been vaping for a week :) Just got an Ego Twist today and it's bloody brilliant.

I agree with Oniko,
Go with the twist, a good atty with cone and perhaps a supermt manufacturing long drip tip (will prevent any juice in mouth) with the twist you can vary the voltage to find a taste that will not taste "burnt* to you. I own a Provari, but when out and about nothing beats the twist!

Oniko

Moved On
Jul 27, 2012
Okanagan
I agree with Oniko,
Go with the twist, a good atty with cone and perhaps a supermt manufacturing long drip tip (will prevent any juice in mouth) with the twist you can vary the voltage to find a taste that will not taste "burnt* to you. I own a Provari, but when out and about nothing beats the twist!

I hear you. I've had this thing for about 12 hours and I killed the first battery at the 8 hour mark. I was HEAVY vaping as I was trying all my juices and stuff and I made myself a bit sick (oops). But with heavy heavy vaping, 8 hours was a DREAM compared to the very short amount of time the 808 mini 'lasted'.

I had it out and about with me most of the day. Layed back in my car, vaped and listened to some music. Very nice, relaxing, little toy :)

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
UGH. 808... a nightmare.

The first kit I got (a week ago haha) was an 808 mini. It was lovely for a day, then it turned to annoying, then it turned to fidgety and horrid, then a battery died, and so on and so on. Here I was quitting smoking and dealing with extreme frustration.

I stuck it out though and didn't resort to ciggys. Just got my ego twist today and I feel at peace :D

Good for you! It should be noted as well that cartos may seem cheap, but can be costly in the long run. For instance, like I said earlier, I have 25+ flavors in front of me (those are just the ones that I vape daily), but if I was to have to use a carto for every flavor that I have or had in the last month, that would be over 100 cartos to keep up with, top-off, fill, and of course purchase. I have run close to two hundred flavors through less than 6 attys. Think about 200 cartos versus 6 attys! Don't forget to label those 200 cartos--they can get confusing. Is it this juice or that juice? LOL ;)

Oniko

Moved On
Jul 27, 2012
Okanagan
Good for you! It should be noted as well that cartos may seem cheap, but can be costly in the long run. For instance, like I said earlier, I have 25+ flavors in front of me (those are just the ones that I vape daily), but if I was to have to use a carto for every flavor that I have or had in the last month, that would be over 100 cartos to keep up with, top-off, fill, and of course purchase. I have run close to two hundred flavors through less than 6 attys. Think about 200 cartos versus 6 attys! Don't forget to label those 200 cartos--they can get confusing. Is it this juice or that juice? LOL ;)

Haha I know! It's so much work and fidgeting! Drove me bonkers. And I was sick of juice being on me, or having to wipe it off the cartos etc. Just a messy and tedious thing, definitely not for me!

I've tried 8 flavours today, and am currently loving the ragin' raspberry from Flavour Crafters. His juices are DELICIOUS.

DrNick0143

Verified Member
Dec 27, 2008
Little Rock, AR
One thing that took me quite a while to actually understand (and the main reason I moved to cartomizer/tank setups) is that when dripping, you are going to need to drip 3 drops or so for every 3-4 puffs you take. It will feel like you are dripping more than vaping, but if the coil doesn't stay wet, you are going to have a bad time. There is also a fine line between keeping the coil wet and flooding the atty. Some people have good results with bottom feeders, (I haven't tried them, but it seems like a good way to mitigate the hassle of keeping up with a bottle of juice and feeding the atty), but the most important thing is to experiment with a few different styles until you find what works best for you. It may require a little monetary investment, but there are plenty of vapers who will buy your unwanted equipment at reasonable prices. This has been a 4 year journey for me, and there have definitely been some bad vapes along the way, but I can tell you that everyone I know that has kept searching for the right setup for them has at least found something that keeps them off analogs, and that is probably the most important thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread