Status
Not open for further replies.

icucme2

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2012
Costa Mesa, ca
Good for you! It should be noted as well that cartos may seem cheap, but can be costly in the long run. For instance, like I said earlier, I have 25+ flavors in front of me (those are just the ones that I vape daily), but if I was to have to use a carto for every flavor that I have or had in the last month, that would be over 100 cartos to keep up with, top-off, fill, and of course purchase. I have run close to two hundred flavors through less than 6 attys. Think about 200 cartos versus 6 attys! Don't forget to label those 200 cartos--they can get confusing. Is it this juice or that juice? LOL ;)

So what kind of atty do u use and voltage?? Whered u get it

Chookychuck

ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2012
USA, GA
Thank you so much for the informative response. I really appreciate the time you took, but sorry you couldn't sleep. I have been thinking about getting an Empire because they have the drip shields that feed the atty. I have watched some youtube videos, and they seem the way to go for dripping. I just really want to like dripping for the variety, and I want to like dripping period. All of my stuff is 501, so I have been waiting before I through something else into the mix. I also watched a video a while back on debridging, and I think that was for dripping. I am not sure if that was what you were describing or not.

@ChookyChuck

thank you Evie :) .... Hmmm, some one said it all ways leaks ... my bats sealed and its usually just a small drop, so it may not matter just drip and when done clean battary ... should i get a 808d-to-501 adaptor & empire or something ... not sure if makes much difference if am just drippin to sample new stuff... for now just i just pulled the carto filling to drip ... regardless i would like to know what it taste like before i fill a carto/clearomizer/ce3, so i figure i should learn. i did get better the other day practicing with it. thx everyone and happy vapes !!!!!!!

Kremppie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
McKinney TX
I am using whatever came with the EGO. I am having a better time with it. I have looked through my stuff, and I have found some attys, but I don't know what to use them with. I mean it is a atty with nothing to hold the juice, or get a tip on. I will figure it out. I want to order an Empire, but they are out of stock.

Cyrene

ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Twin Lakes, WI
I have an eGo, with the atomizer system. I'm pretty new to vaping, but when
I got my new atomizers, they kept tasting burnt even after priming, so I debridged
one and drip it, and it worked wonderful. I drip 3-4 drops of my menthol base, and
then add 1 drop of blueberry flavor, and I get a good 7-8 pulls out of it and no leaking.

I am going to order a new tank system soon though, so when I go out, I don't have to
mess with cartridges and dripping. Either the Viva or the Stardust. One of these days
I'll just go all out and get a whole new system, but for now, the eGo has done it's job
of getting me off the analogs, so I'm a happy camper.

JakeTheV&pe

ECF Veteran
Nov 5, 2011
Winchester UK
Dripping can be a hit and miss thing when new to vaping. I know I had a few hickups at first. But funny enough I started dripping with my (no idea what the techincal term is, but the real ciggarette looking ones), just because I did not like filling the carts with juice and getting a nasty burnt taste all the time. What I found to help was using 6 drops directly on the atomizer and it worked a charm...
As I said its all very hit and miss with it untill you find out your way of doing it.

n874

ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2012
Sydney Australia
I am using whatever came with the EGO. I am having a better time with it. I have looked through my stuff, and I have found some attys, but I don't know what to use them with. I mean it is a atty with nothing to hold the juice, or get a tip on. I will figure it out. I want to order an Empire, but they are out of stock.

None of my 510 attys work so last night I thought id try dripping on the eGo C atty into the cone on the spike that usually hits the tank... It's not too bad at all...

Works unreal vaped around 6 different juices all tasted nice and clean on max twist... Normal drip tips are too loose but the Delrin Drip Tip fits ok.

006.jpg

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
The most popular dripping atties seem to be LR de-bridged 306's. I can't use them. They get too hot for me. But, I absolutely love my SR 306's. De-bridging does nothing for me. I actually prefer them without the de-bridging.

The 510-t atty is really good for dripping too. It's the closest I've found to a 306.

The regular 510 atties don't work as well for me. The flavor isn't as good, and they flood more easily. I have a dozen or more of them from when I started. I just use them for testing new juices.

If you prefer an even cooler vape, the 901 is fairly good too.

Ralikar

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2011
So last week in response to you dripper guys postings I decided to try it... Made an 808d carto/atty--flavor was pretty great... Was watching a movie in low light...Then I fumbled to find the bottle... Then I thought "I will have to do this every x minutes of my life forever...There will be fumbling with bottles, refilling, lighting problems...

Then I tossed the atty! :) And took a hit from my Vivi Nova
I applaud you drippers--it takes hardcore vaping power to vape hit by hit so to speak! GL!

When I'm cuddling with Angelina Jolie I'm not going to be fumbling with a bottle...unless it's Dom...

Chookychuck

ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2012
USA, GA
i got too cartos i converted for dripping and they are soaking in gin now (out of vodka) .... i hope to soak later a day in h2o, then dry burn after words and see how they do ... anyone know how to dry burn once they are clean, do i need to dry burn to get the water out? & what to look for and when to dry burn ... i am using a 3.7 volt battery and 2.8 ohms so i am in the middle of the the power chart ... i only been vapin 2 weeks and love it but i use mainly cartos, Ce3's and a clearomizer tank (i think its like the starburst) which i love best... but i need to learn to drip to sample stuff.

Kremppie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
McKinney TX
When I first started, I thought dripping was into the carto that had the foam in it...haha. Then I realized it was actually going inside on a piece of mesh. I only have one atomizer that came with an ego battery. It seems to work well, and I have been using it for several days. I was looking at an atomizer that I finally figured out is used with the pre-filled tips. I have ordered some supplies that should be here in a few days.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Dry-burning is for trying to salvage an atty that's caked with gunk and won't come clean otherwise. The heat expands and cracks the gunk so it can be washed away. It will definitely shorten the life of your atty. Expanding and contracting metal wears it out (just like bending a paper clip back and forth). But, if you can't get the atty clean enough to use otherwise, it's worth it.

To dry an atty, I just blow out any extra alcohol left after soaking then let it sit in a well-ventilated area for a day or two.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
When I first started, I thought dripping was into the carto that had the foam in it...haha. Then I realized it was actually going inside on a piece of mesh. I only have one atomizer that came with an ego battery. It seems to work well, and I have been using it for several days. I was looking at an atomizer that I finally figured out is used with the pre-filled tips. I have ordered some supplies that should be here in a few days.
What supplies are you getting?

Fiamma

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2012
So Calif
So last week in response to you dripper guys postings I decided to try it... Made an 808d carto/atty--flavor was pretty great... Was watching a movie in low light...Then I fumbled to find the bottle... Then I thought "I will have to do this every x minutes of my life forever...There will be fumbling with bottles, refilling, lighting problems...

Then I tossed the atty! :) And took a hit from my Vivi Nova
I applaud you drippers--it takes hardcore vaping power to vape hit by hit so to speak! GL!

When I'm cuddling with Angelina Jolie I'm not going to be fumbling with a bottle...unless it's Dom...

Ever try a bottom feeder? Same great flavor and taste, bottle inside feeding the atty, drip cup to keep things tidy. I got a Reo Grand and love it;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread