Dismiss Notice
Happy Thanksgiving, Guest! If you're not too full after all that turkey, check out our latest ECF giveaway, courtesy of Smok :)

Dry mouth with vaping

Discussion in 'Vapor4Life' started by Brooke1975, Apr 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Brooke1975

Brooke1975 Super Member ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2010
    I have just gotten mine today and using it, I am totally in love, never thought it would this easy. I have noticed a dry mouth with it. Is this a norm and does it go away once you are use to vaping?
  2. maureengill

maureengill Moved On ECF Veteran

Oct 3, 2009
    Trainer PA
    I've found that any time I have my pv in my hand I have some iced-tea in a cup too. I don't think it goes away.

3. whiskey

whiskey Moved On

Jan 13, 2010
    Yes I get it too & alot of posts in here say that they do too. People will say to keep water/drinks handy..others use mouth wash..I found that my dentist says sugar substitutes make it worse, so i drink water. There is a special mouth wash out there for dry mouth that I use too, because constant dry mouth is not good for gums & teeth. Hope that helps.
  4. JollyRogers

JollyRogers Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 30, 2009
    It's normal. Drink water or tea, or something hydrating. May get some sore throat also... signs of drawing to hard on the PV or overuse. I found VG was worse on my dry mouth and throat then PG... My dry mouth went away for the most part, but I drink a lot... water during the day and beer in the evening!
  5. leeshor

leeshor Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Aug 6, 2009
    Norcross, GA
    Dry mouth is just about the #1 side effect of vaping, unless you count feeling better, lower heart rate, more energy, lower blood preasure etc etc.

Drink drink drink. Water, it;s good for you.
  6. Kimmy

Kimmy Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Dec 3, 2009
    Dry mouth still here after several months of vaping. It really starts bothering me at night. I just drink lots of water.
  7. DanS

DanS Full Member

Mar 19, 2010
    Goodyear, AZ
    stop smoking the weed !! j/k

for me it has somewhat gone away, more activity, more water, besides its good for ya ! and it helps remove all those bad things from your body that you are no longer putting in it with analogs !
  8. krazie_Kid

krazie_Kid Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Mar 10, 2010
    Long Island
    menthol hydrates my mouth lol.
  9. Adrenalynn

Adrenalynn Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Dec 5, 2009
    Sacramento, CA, USA Area
    PG and VG are desiccants, or humectants more correctly. They're hygroscopic - they "drink up" water from the air around them.

Meaning: Yes. It's normal. Hydrate more to overcome it.
  10. Katya

Katya ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Feb 23, 2010
    I use lozenges (especially those with xylitol). They help rehydrate your mouth by increasing saliva production and they also provide a coating inside your mouth to protect it from dyhydrating effects of PG.
  11. Above God

Above God Senior Member ECF Veteran

Mar 5, 2010

i get it more in the evening esp. on the way home from work basically cuz i aint had ah drink for 5/6 hours.
  12. AllCoExPat

AllCoExPat Super Member ECF Veteran

Feb 1, 2010
    Elkton, MD
    Very normal and it hasn't gone away for me either. Though it's still better than the cotton mouth I'd have after a night of chain smoking. ;-)

85% of my waking hours I'm walking around with a cup of coffee so I stay well lubricated if not really hydrated. Of course having a snus portion now and then helps with the saliva production too.
  13. Mary Kay

Mary Kay ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 3, 2009
    West Tampa Fl.
    I just remembered a hint I got when I started..hard candy..in my case sugarfree. Gum is good too..but I don't recomend it when you are vaping.:p
  14. cybercop

cybercop Senior Member ECF Veteran

Mar 20, 2010
    New York
  15. rver

rver Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 6, 2010
    Mentor, Ohio
    Sugarfree gum for me also...builds up the saliva...when not vaping.
  16. Garblesnarf

Garblesnarf Senior Member ECF Veteran

Feb 27, 2010
    It either went away for me or I just quit noticing it.
  17. NightVapor

NightVapor Senior Member ECF Veteran

Apr 7, 2010
    Water, then more water!!
  18. Gamer

Gamer Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 7, 2010
    St. Petersburg, FL
    sorry in a hurry not reading all the posts but here is my 10cents

I suffered form dry mouth for the longest time when using the V4L carts. I then switched over to premium flavors and it vanished. I don't know what it is, but the Preme juice seemed to be different. I have yet to have a dryness problem with them, I would give them i try.

If your using a preme flavor and still getting dry mouth just go ahead and be sure to take some water with ya, Its a simple fix.

Hope that helped. Later :)
  19. yanks21

yanks21 Super Member ECF Veteran

Feb 17, 2010
    New York
  20. bombastinator

bombastinator Senior Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    Makes me wonder if there isn't something in them to prevent dry mouth. It would make sense. Maybe time to hit those "premium" flavors with a little gas chromatography. What exactly is meant by premium flavor by the way?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.