e-cigarette causes 3rd degree burns in NY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jake Smoke

Moved On
Nov 5, 2016
Third-degree burns after e-cigarette 'explodes' in New York - BBC News

This can't be good for the industry with the already bad media...
I see no difference with the exploding Note 7's for example. I'm sure nobody thought 'Hey, those mobile phones are actually really bad things, maybe we should ban them'.

Thumbs up for the BBC though for not jumping to that conclusion (yet).

dustinmj

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2013
Seattle, WA, USA
I was just looking at this too... there's a picture posted of 'the aftermath' on the local news site. Seems like he had a Reuleaux in his pocket... with what looks like may be LG HG2s (or knockoffs) that aren't messed up. There's more than 3 batteries in the picture, and you can't tell if there's one left in the mod. Based on the fact that the mod door doesn't appear to be damaged or burned on the inside, and that some of the 5-6 batteries in the picture are unaffected, it seems like he had some spare batteries floating around the same pocket as the mod, with change, from the looks of things.

Victim's brother in Grand Central e-cig explosion: 'I thank God...he's alive'

o-EXPLOSION-DE-E-CIGARETTE-570.jpg

Jake Smoke

Moved On
Nov 5, 2016
I was just looking at this too... there's a picture posted of 'the aftermath' on the local news site. Seems like he had a Reuleaux in his pocket... with what looks like may be LG HG2s (or knockoffs) that aren't messed up. There's more than 3 batteries in the picture, and you can't tell if there's one left in the mod. Based on the fact that the mod door doesn't appear to be damaged or burned on the inside, and that some of the 5-6 batteries in the picture are unaffected, it seems like he had some spare batteries floating around the same pocket as the mod, with change, from the looks of things.

Victim's brother in Grand Central e-cig explosion: 'I thank God...he's alive'

o-EXPLOSION-DE-E-CIGARETTE-570.jpg

And guess what, I just bought myself a Reuleaux, delivery later today :-o
Well .... happens if you're not careful with batteries, having loose batteries in your pocket has nothing to do with whatever device you're using it for, whether it's a mod, a flash light or anything else. So typical to immediately point the finger at "the electronic cigarette"

Anybody seen "A Billion Lives" already?

Reactions: LaraC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread